Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think its crappy but at the same time its whatever.

I think they should have just made the achievement a FOS and removed it being attainable.

So to those who have never done it, Have fun

(Loved Timeless Island)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-02 at 06:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The achievement for killing him? Don't care one bit. The "value" is already claimed from the legendary cloak questline, which you can't acquire anymore. There's no reason to have him locked behind it. There are no titles, mounts or pets associated with Ordos as far as I can remember, either. Just few pieces of transmog gear that can probably be gained from somewhere else. So might as well as unlock it for all.
    I think this sums it up.
    Why should Ordos be gated behind the cloak.
    He offers nothing unique.
    And is more an exception than a rule when it comes to that sort of gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Why should players be able to kill old content that I to do when it was current content! I wish Blizzard would stop nerfing content for casuals!! Why didnt they get the cloak when it was content!!!! Blizzard nerfing fun again!
    And we keep getting called "entitled" despite us never demanding removal of content from or denial of it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think its crappy but at the same time its whatever.

I think they should have just made the achievement a FOS and removed it being attainable.

So to those who have never done it, Have fun

(Loved Timeless Island)
    I agree.
    If you got the cloak, you got your exclusivity.
    Why whine about you not getting even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I agree.
    If you got the cloak, you got your exclusivity.
    Why whine about you not getting even more.
    That is true, To be clear I'm really nether here nore there about it. I think blizzard dragging there feet on subjective is shitty as hell, It was bought up a few times in WOD. Those who got the cape have a (IMO) Cool X Mog (That I even use to this day).

Only thing annoying is how dead he will be LOL, Its going to be sha all over again for a little while.

So like I said for those this is new to, Have fun.

I mite go kill him in a min for giggles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

From the perspective of someone who did not attain the cloak, I personally don't care that much about Ordos himself. I'm an admitted achievement whore, so another one is always welcome, but as many have pointed out, the exclusivity of the unobtainable cloak is a much bigger deal than the achievement for killing Ordos. What always bothered me about the exclusive courtyard was access to the other mobs. During the content drought of WOD I got into farming all of the Pandaria World Bosses on a bunch of toons, at max I was running 14 a week. That many toons requires a bunch of Timeless Isle farming for Mogu Runes of Fate, and whenever I was facing stiff competition for mobs it irked me that there was a courtyard that I didn't have access to that others did. I realize in the big scheme of things that I'm talking about a few handfuls of mobs on a big island with hundreds of mobs spawning, but still, when you could see them up and not get to them it got pretty annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Ordos and Timeless Isle is whatever.
    As long as they don't let everybody loot Atiesh and get the Scarab Lord title.
    Well IF you think about it, in many ways its exacly the same thing though...something unobtainable only some people have becomes free for everyone.
    Only difference is scarab lord is a cool title and comes sometimes with a sick mount, but atiesh looks like shit xmogs from ordos look way better so in that sense its 'better' if they made atiesh obtainable again than ordos.

Anyway i did ordos back then and dont realy care, but mainly dont care cus back then there were several well known exploits to reach ordos without cloak so many people who never got cloak have loot and achievs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    Only difference is scarab lord is a cool title and comes sometimes with a sick mount, but atiesh looks like shit xmogs from ordos look way better so in that sense its 'better' if they made atiesh obtainable again than ordos..
    All the tmog's on Ordos can be gotten out of SoO.

That was the fix Blizzar did once before. All this does is give people a 2nd shot at that loot and lets some see content they haven't before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I want folks to be able to access Ordos for xmog gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

This is fine. In fact, I'd be perfectly fine with allowing people to get the legendary cloak and ring.

If people want to go through old expansions for old achievements, why not let them? It doesn't take away from anything I did-- the cloak and ring were actually useful for me when I got them.

Glory of the Naxx raider, too. Let people get that mount.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Got like three cloaks, I don't care at all if people kill ordos. I wouldn't have cared if they never put the cloak requirement in in the first place.

Coming from a person who did the legendary chain and got the cloak - removing the questline was dumb idea anyway and I still see no reason why did they do this. NO old content should be blocked just because you didnt do it when it was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Why should players be able to kill old content that I to do when it was current content! I wish Blizzard would stop nerfing content for casuals!! Why didnt they get the cloak when it was content!!!! Blizzard nerfing fun again!
    I'd love to finish the cloak. I was 3/4 of the way through when WOD came out and they removed the quests. My bad for not being able to play for hours every day, I had things like work and a parent dying of cancer during that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think I required a sarcasm tag but..

Totally. I never got Dragonwrath when it was current and went back and got it last year. I had a lot of fun doing it. Why remove content? It's not like Dragonwrath is actually useful at level 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I don't really care. It's OK but...

Second, I like the idea that you can get some things (mounts, titles, etc) and then they go away. It's a nod to having been there and done that when it was appropriately challenging and a little reward.

Third, I really don't want them spending much time on stuff like this. Changing a couple of things so you can port across the bridge gap (though if you were savvy a glider works) and so that you don't get kicked from Ordos' courtyard? Fine. But don't burn much dev/test time on this or similar things.

15+ Year Old Account
    i really couldnt care less, i just wish they would put the northrend raid mounts back in the game...

Excellent point. This change definitely cost us a raid tier.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, same models of transmog drop from heroic SOO.. personally I dont care if they make him available, I got the cloaks back in the day and killed him plenty of times for sweet high lvl loot.

Got my cloak, ran Ordos weekly. I have no idea why someone would want this to stay gated. Ordos drops nothing special, he's in a corner of an island people rarely go to anymore, and the people who have their cloaks, STILL HAVE THEIR CLOAKS. What else do you want to feel special?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should I care? Ordos doesn't drop anything "unique". No mounts, no pets, no toys, not even unique transmog gear (his loot has the same models as SoO loot). Even if he did drop anything special, I don't care what others get. I got the cloak back in MoP, and frankly wouldn't care one bit if they made the cloaks available again, much less that they're opening access to Ordos without the cloak. Hell, I thought that was already how it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.