Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Accidently rriggered xt hm.... did you even fucki ng do uld hms? I highly doubt it so frankly your opinion is garbage as is every single persons opinion that didnt do ulduar hm to know how fucking boring the triggers were.
    You mad bro?

I tought ulduar HM was fun, sure it had its faults.
    But 4 difficulties? Come on bruh, thats a dull design if any.

You never did Ulduar Hardmodes. Guaranteed
    You'd be partially right, for half of Ulduar I raided with a weakish guild, second half pugged, so for instance I never saw Firefighter when it was current. But I have no idea why you would be so sure about me never tackling Hardmodes. At least XT was very much puggable, and I'm pretty sure I did him, FL, Hodir, Council and Thorim HM when they were current. And yeah, I stand by the fact that this system was better than what we have now.

One exception: fights like Thorim and XT could make you enter Hard Mode by mistake (most annoying on Thorim) when you wouldn't want to, and Hodir was just a test of DPS. But those are flaws in those specific designs, not the system as a whole.

As for triggers being boring, again, some were, some weren't. It's not really about triggers, but I remember FL (just like Sarth, the precursor of the system) being interesting by having multiple ways and modes of tackling him. If you wanted to try a harder mode, you had a LOT of options, and each up in difficulty yielded a bit better rewards. Yeah, the trigger was just "kill or not kill tower", so what it was boring, it made a dull boss a way less dull.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2017-03-09 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    LFR and Normal
    both are faceroll and demotivated you to do heroic

I would remove all difficulties except one and provide a stacking +5% stats buff on wipes - maybe stack it to 10% right from the start for groups composed via an automated tool. You'd be expected to kill the first few bosses without the buff if you are a mythic raider, kill it with the 10-20% buff if you are a normal raider / random LFRer. Further bosses would be tuned higher (as they are now), that would provide the same mythic race as we have now - who kills the final boss faster - with one very simple addition: without the buff (need a simple way to track that - perhaps award a special achievement for 'killed the entire raid - or, possibly, just the final boss - without the buff').

That's it. Simple, works for everyone (except Blizzard who want to spend months unlocking the same raid masquerading under the "LFR is not that important, you all can wait" message).
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-09 at 10:31 AM.

Accidently rriggered xt hm.... did you even fucki ng do uld hms? I highly doubt it so frankly your opinion is garbage as is every single persons opinion that didnt do ulduar hm to know how fucking boring the triggers were.
    Try participating in discussion instead of reverting to childish insults, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    None, especially now the difficulties actually differ in mechanics instead of just having damage and health modifiers on everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you try to rephrase that using actual words and sentences?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Certainly no more fucking LFR, normal, heroic, mythic. Just a setting, no name, it's name will be the raids name. Loot will actually have a progression path, and no BS with tiered levels on the same item, meaning you only fight 1 chance, and when you win, you progress, and not suffer eternally.

- - - Updated - - -

Good Fuck em
    Do you just want them to shut down the game then? If people aren't able to raid, they'll leave the game because the rest of the end game gets old really fast. The only reason most of us do other end game content is to prepare to raid. If you suddenly lock off a huge portion of the subscriber base from ever downing the final boss of a raid, you've signed the game's death warrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If I had to choose, the only logical choice would be Mythic - after all a pooftenth of bugger all players do that.

But - there isn't any need to remove any as these days the level of work required for one difficulty level by Blizzard is minimal over the work required to do the raid in the first place.
    This. In reality, if they were going to remove one level of raiding, Mythic would be the one that made the most sense to remove because the fewest people do it *and* it generates the most complaints/extra work. That is what makes mythic raiders crying about the other difficulties so ridiculous. All the rest of us who don't raid at Mythic difficulty are the ones keeping WoW in business so that there can be Mythic raids.

Personally I would prefer to see one level of raiding that adopts a few concepts of Mythic+

Completing a difficulty provides all players who attend the difficulty a keystone upon killing all bosses for the raid on that difficulty. Allowing players to full clear and receive a key off the last boss or pug for specific bosses allowing Group Finder to still be applicable. Each week you can choose to extend your keystone lockout or start fresh with your raid team so people can continue to gear up. Also instead of orderhall missions or what not that give you a quest, they give you a Keystone Raiders Cache that has a piece of raid loot from the highest difficulty completed for the week.

Each difficulty provides increased ilvl drops.

At +5, +10, and +15 bosses gain new abilities OR the raid gains affixes that are tailored to raiding.

Each boss can have a timer that if the boss is killed quickly enough will provide extra pieces of loot past the designated player loot caps.

I am sure there are other ways to apply the structure of Mythic+ in a raid environment, but I think Blizzard needs to stop adding more difficulties and start being more dynamic like they are with dungeons. The model would also allow raiding to have longer lifespans due to the radically changing level of difficulties that would be available to players who complete them. It also allows higher end progression guilds a chance at constantly being in the race to be the top guild.
    Last edited by Axerax; 2017-03-09 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerax View Post
    Personally I would prefer to see one level of raiding that adopts a few concepts of Mythic+

Completing a difficulty provides all players who attend the difficulty a keystone upon killing all bosses for the raid on that difficulty. Allowing players to full clear and receive a key off the last boss or pug for specific bosses allowing Group Finder to still be applicable. Each week you can choose to extend your keystone lockout or start fresh with your raid team so people can continue to gear up. Also instead of orderhall missions or what not that give you a quest, they give you a Keystone Raiders Cache that has a piece of raid loot from the highest difficulty completed for the week.

At +5, +10, and +15 bosses gain new abilities OR the raid gains affixes that are tailored to raiding.

Each boss can have a timer that if the boss is killed quickly enough will provide extra pieces of loot past the designated player loot caps.

I am sure there are other ways to apply the structure of Mythic+ in a raid environment, but I think Blizzard needs to stop adding more difficulties and start being more dynamic like they are with dungeons. The model would also allow raiding to have longer lifespans due to the radically changing level of difficulties that would be available to players who complete them. It also allows higher end progression guilds a chance at constantly being in the race to be the top guild.
    Other than beating a timer that gives you more gear, what you've described is essentially what we already have, just more granular. People already complain that Normal and LFR are too close in difficulty, do we really need *more* steps in difficulty between them? The differences between the raid difficulties now is that everything has more health, does more damage, and gains new abilities as you go up in difficulty, then reward higher gear.

I'd keep them all and add mythic+.

Raids should be Mythic only so remove Normal/HC. Keep LFR but remove gear drops from it, make it a "Practice Mode" or "Story Mode".

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Raids should be Mythic only so remove Normal/HC. Keep LFR but remove gear drops from it, make it a "Practice Mode" or "Story Mode".
    So elite, so wow.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Do you just want them to shut down the game then? If people aren't able to raid, they'll leave the game because the rest of the end game gets old really fast. The only reason most of us do other end game content is to prepare to raid. If you suddenly lock off a huge portion of the subscriber base from ever downing the final boss of a raid, you've signed the game's death warrant.

- - - Updated - - -

This. In reality, if they were going to remove one level of raiding, Mythic would be the one that made the most sense to remove because the fewest people do it *and* it generates the most complaints/extra work. That is what makes mythic raiders crying about the other difficulties so ridiculous. All the rest of us who don't raid at Mythic difficulty are the ones keeping WoW in business so that there can be Mythic raids.
    Good the game should die. In the name of accessability the game has become complete fucking garbage in its current state.

Mythic isnt low participation because people dont qant to do it. Its low because the vast majority are incapable of doing it because of a dramatic skill gap.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    LFR and Mythic. Make Normal a tad bit easier and Heroic a tad bit harder.
    Only real answer. Bonus Points if they add real attunements to Heroic to make the barrier to entry a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerax View Post

Certainly agree with this, maybe not the timer, but basically affixes/multipliers that make it progressively more difficult with greater rewards, probably static affixes and not ones that change weekly though.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    To be frank, I'm still quite wondering what was wrong with the TBC model....
    The TBC model means very few people play a significant portion of your game so that's a poor use of resources and they can't justify investing so much devtime making a game for a few thousand of their multiple million players. Battle pets take far fewer resources.

Good the game should die. In the name of accessability the game has become complete fucking garbage in its current state.

Mythic isnt low participation because people dont qant to do it. Its low because the vast majority are incapable of doing it because of a dramatic skill gap.
    If you think the game is garbage, stop playing it. Millions of people are still enjoying it and clearly disagree with you. There are a very vocal minority that dislike the game in its current state, but the current state is clearly better than the expansion before it.

I never said Mythic was low pop because people didn't want to do it. Of course it is because of a skill gap. I'm perfectly fine with mythic continuing to exists. But the reality is that it is the least played difficulty by a wide margin so if Blizz were to decide to eliminate a difficulty (instead of restructuring difficulties), then Mythic is the difficulty it makes the most sense to eliminate. It would impact the least people, it would piss the least people off, it would cause the least subs to be canceled, and it would cause the largest reduction in workload for Blizzard.

Deleted
    I would remove the Normal difficulty, make Heroic the new Normal and Mythic the new Heroic.

The game is oversaturated with raid difficulties. Gearing for Heroic should be done via Mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    If you think the game is garbage, stop playing it. Millions of people are still enjoying it and clearly disagree with you. There are a very vocal minority that dislike the game in its current state, but the current state is clearly better than the expansion before it.

I never said Mythic was low pop because people didn't want to do it. Of course it is because of a skill gap. I'm perfectly fine with mythic continuing to exists. But the reality is that it is the least played difficulty by a wide margin so if Blizz were to decide to eliminate a difficulty (instead of restructuring difficulties), then Mythic is the difficulty it makes the most sense to eliminate. It would impact the least people, it would piss the least people off, it would cause the least subs to be canceled, and it would cause the largest reduction in workload for Blizzard.
    I did stop playing it because this diablo. Jaywilsoned game is fucking garbage now

Spend 85% of your time grindi ng so you can spend the 15% doing what you really want.

Maw of souls 3000+times before expansion ends. Hell yeah fun time

You might also want to uae common sense that millions have also quit because of the laughable state .

Also if you gut mythic id hope you would return heroic to actual heroic tuning or the game will be dead in under a year.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-03-09 at 11:00 PM.