Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    Look at mother Nature, the only thing that matters is strength in wildlife.
    Which is why humanity has subjugated all other wildlife on the planet.

Ironically a lot of people who preach about survival of the fittest are probably those who would have died out had it not been for humanity's tendency to nurture and protect the weak.

Deleted
    I guess this thread was a GG EZ for the OP versus the baiters...... pls stop the feed.

nah not really, kinda find it hilarious. (Specially when I'm on the losing side)

The same people that use "GG EZ" when winning, is the same people that will whine like small little bitches when they lose, blaming everyone but themselves.
    It's nothing but toxic behaviour, and I don't really see it contributing anything to a game. A "GG" is sufficient, no need to add toxic shit to it.
    Then again, assholes will be assholes, so they'll continue doing what they want!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Which is why humanity has subjugated all other wildlife on the planet.

Ironically a lot of people who preach about survival of the fittest are probably those who would have died out had it not been for humanity's tendency to nurture and protect the weak.
    Ironically more than a lot of people thinks that they can judge about people basing on what they say here.
    You for sure know that. I think you searched for their personal data and looked at bunch of fat freaks who cant survive without burgers and coke right?) Those kind of expert answers are what usually make me laugh on Internet) For sure I can die but i may not, and you wouldnt know. No way you can predict this XD
    Last edited by Seidhe; 2017-03-03 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is simply poor sportsmanship. If you're going around saying "GG EZ", you're either ignorant of the concept of good sportsmanship or you're choosing to be an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusPlz View Post
    I was talking with some friends in Discord, and we often mock people who are afraid of the phrase "GG EZ" when you get killed by enemy in-game, or when one team wins and that line is uttered.

I searched on Google two different keyword-combinations to try to find people like me who honestly don't care, and even find it an appropriate thing to say. Most of the threads are people who consider them assholes.

My eyes scrunch-up in confusion when I see people complaining like this. I don't even say "gg ez" myself in games, but I might have to now, just because people are so salty. Let's break it down: "Good game, easy." "GG" is both good sportsmanship, but mostly is an insult. But you're not calling someone a derogatory term. "Easy" just means "GIT GUD", and honestly, I know how much I suck in shooter games, and I have to improve if I ever want to stomp people.

I actually face-palm irl when I read about these complaints. I have actually slapped my forehead for real because it makes my head hurt less, or I go have a smoke to relieve the stress. I want someone to explain to me why "GG EZ" could be interpreted as toxic as "You suck, kill yourself", as an example of something that can actually be hurtful.

Are you able to go work/school the next day without feeling rage at someone who uttered this phrase? Can't you all check yourselves into your local mental hospital?
    Just before I start, I don't give a flying fuck what anyone says ingame, the only time I ever reply / do anything about someone saying something like ez in a game, is during a game, when I'm practicing a hero, then switch to one of my mains and wipe the floor with them, then polietly tell them, "I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention earlier, what were you saying?"

It's considered poor sportsmanship in E-sports, and it should be taken negatively, it's usually a sign someone is arrogant, cocky, smug and full of themselves. The only time I see gg ez being appropriate is when a team completely stomps the other team, and wins in a matter of minutes if that. I've had that happen to me and at that point, I laugh and agree with them and say it happens, or everyone has a bad game at some point. 9/10 I see people saying that (or saying something) when each point has being contested into overtime, its been neck and neck every step of the map, and in general its been a really fun / even game.

Back to the sportsmanship comment, It's like when I go to a martial arts tournament, I win some bouts, I lose some bouts, always at the end we bow to each other as a sign of respect, no matter how good / bad one of us was. In MA specifically, I've seen people disqualified for just turning their back at the end of the bout and walk away from an defeated opponent.

Football, rugby, netball, everything has some form of end game gesture, from hugs to handshakes. Not AHAHA GOOD GAME BUT IT WAS EASY FOR US. (FYI I'm not talking the spectators.

Why should e-sports be different than sports?

Just to re literate, sometimes, it's fine, but most of the time you're just being an arse for the sake of feeding your ego.

(Also no one want';s overwatch's community to turn similar to leagues)

I was talking with some friends in Discord, and we often mock people who are afraid of the phrase "GG EZ"
    I don't even say "gg ez" myself in games, but I might have to now, just because people are so salty
    "Easy" just means "GIT GUD"
    I have actually slapped my forehead for real because it makes my head hurt less,
    or I go have a smoke to relieve the stress
    Can't you all check yourselves into your local mental hospital?
    Now based on the above I quoted, I don't believe for a second, you don't already say gg ez or anything to people. I think you spam it every game you win to troll or be an arse. I think if there's going to be a toxic element in a game you're playing, I think it's going to be you and your friends, I'm willing to bet you're the first one to jump down someones throat and scold them when the first thing goes wrong.

And to finish, you say people are salty, yet, all the above quotes tell me and everyone else, there isn't enough tequila in Mexico to go with all your salt right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It is simply poor sportsmanship. If you're going around saying "GG EZ", you're either ignorant of the concept of good sportsmanship or you're choosing to be an asshole.
    I'm adding this quote as the TLR version of my post

Deleted
    I was talking with some friends in Discord, and we often mock people who are afraid of the phrase "GG EZ" when you get killed by enemy in-game, or when one team wins and that line is uttered.

I searched on Google two different keyword-combinations to try to find people like me who honestly don't care, and even find it an appropriate thing to say. Most of the threads are people who consider them assholes.

My eyes scrunch-up in confusion when I see people complaining like this. I don't even say "gg ez" myself in games, but I might have to now, just because people are so salty. Let's break it down: "Good game, easy." "GG" is both good sportsmanship, but mostly is an insult. But you're not calling someone a derogatory term. "Easy" just means "GIT GUD", and honestly, I know how much I suck in shooter games, and I have to improve if I ever want to stomp people.

I actually face-palm irl when I read about these complaints. I have actually slapped my forehead for real because it makes my head hurt less, or I go have a smoke to relieve the stress. I want someone to explain to me why "GG EZ" could be interpreted as toxic as "You suck, kill yourself", as an example of something that can actually be hurtful.

Are you able to go work/school the next day without feeling rage at someone who uttered this phrase? Can't you all check yourselves into your local mental hospital?
    you bash people for getting triggered by 'gg ez'

meanwhile you need to smoke to relieve the stress you get from reading about people getting triggered by 'gg ez'

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    killing Gul Dan Mythic - gg EZ NUB

It sounds like the kind of thing an immature dickhead would say.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saying that after a won game is just rude and a sign of bad sportmanship.

It annoys me when people use it, but I wont lose my shit over it. I use it sometimes when playing against friends, but not when playing against randoms.

Usually, if it's a tight game I'll just say GG and if we just steamrolled the other team I'll usually just say nothing, as it's not really a good game if the other side got completely dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    if you actually have to ask a question like that, theres likely no way to actually explain it to you in a way that you could understand.
    This, or they're just a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if you need to gloat in the face of your opponent, you're a toxic individual.

There's a big difference between a close match where you can taunt your opponent, respectfully, and a game you won easily and feel the need to let the opponents know. They already know and you're just being toxic by placating the game with it.

Frankly, what gives? What do you win from that? Self satisfaction? The need to feel superior in a video game?

Personally I don't care. I mute multiplayer chat in my games because I'm tired to death of idiots who think they can act like bullies over the internet. Plus, if for some reason I do see someone gloating, I take tremendous pleasure in wrecking them down.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

This thread has continued pages after he last posted. He won, you guys lost. Trolling shouldn't be this easy. He's probably thinking 'GG EZ'

whatever happens, somewhere someone will be very angry about it

Oh look, another "I'm a dick and want justification for my behavior" thread.

The only times I use "gg ez" is when I am rematched against someone who finished the game with a "gg ez" on his own and I proceed to stomp him. Usually they don't say anything and accept their defeat, but I also once got a "F*** YOU" as an answer. I liked it

If you're an adult and/or have good sportsmanship, you just say GG and move on with your life.

See, the thing about winning is that you're the winner. Being a sore winner means you feel that you still have something to prove. You shouldn't feel that way, you just won.

If you don't see why that phrase is toxic you are most likely a sociopath.

but I might have to [say shit like this] now, just because people are so salty.
    There ya go. You're saying something that you know will upset people... on purpose... just to upset them... and you somehow need an explanation. But you really dont, do you? The whole point of this thread was to upset people.

I have no idea how the internet got to this point. I used to think it was the anonymity... but people are like this now in non-anonymous places. Later you talked about professional and e-spots... so maybe people think it's proximity based. IDFK.

But here's the thing. You started this account to bitch about BLM. To talk about how women shouldn't be fat... and now to discuss the merits of douchebaggary. "It's not as bad as 'go kill yourself'". Congratulations.

You're being a troll. You know you're being a troll. You specifically designed yourself, or at least this account, to be a troll... which makes us the idiots for even responding to it.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-03-03 at 04:52 PM.