Dreadlord's guile

Is there an easy way to deal with this ability like an addon or a mod to tell you exactly where to move? it ruined my experience today , i cant outrun it if it spawn on me , i see the other players didnt fail on it which means i do something wrong , i usually follow other players but i feel like noob doing this and sometimes it fails , what can i change?

It depends on your class. Blink/sprint/immunities while it spawns work well. You usually have a little under a second to get out of the way so just stand outside the middle at about the size of it then react.

When the boss uses this ability, I start by moving towards the edge of the room. Normally, the beam doesn't show up right on top of me and I can just follow it as it spins around the room. Get closer in towards the center to catch up if you're falling behind and move towards the edge if you need more space. Should the first beam spawn right where I'm standing, I immediately use a personal defensive cooldown or movement ability to get out of the way ASAP.

Outrunning the beam if it spawns on you is the easiest place to make a mistake in this fight. A better choice is to use a personal defensive cooldown to mitigate the damage, so you can practice not getting hit at all in relative safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the beam spawns on you, do a 180 and get behind it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If the beam spawns on you, do a 180 and get behind it.
    ^^ This, If the beam spawns and its on you if you try to run foward you won't be able to outrun it, turn around and then run right behind it as it moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    When the boss uses this ability, I start by moving towards the edge of the room. Normally, the beam doesn't show up right on top of me and I can just follow it as it spins around the room. Get closer in towards the center to catch up if you're falling behind and move towards the edge if you need more space. Should the first beam spawn right where I'm standing, I immediately use a personal defensive cooldown or movement ability to get out of the way ASAP.

Outrunning the beam if it spawns on you is the easiest place to make a mistake in this fight. A better choice is to use a personal defensive cooldown to mitigate the damage, so you can practice not getting hit at all in relative safety.
    Its +21 mythic with tyraniccal , there is no surviving this , a single hit and im dead , i dont have any mitigation , maybe roar of sacrifice? i still dont think i will survive it and its 1 min cd.

Deleted
    Go to the tip of the star-y thingie drawn on the ground while he casts it (close to the entrance of the room). Likelihood it's not there is high and if it is, immediately run against the direction it is going to get out of it (not run with it), then when outside of its blast radius, run with it and tend towards the middle of the room to shorten the radius and make running easier.

Yes you run backwards through it.

If you can't avoid something, you minimise the damage. Plenty of mechanics that require similar decisions. It makes me sad to see otherwise decent players up to that point die to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Its +21 mythic with tyraniccal , there is no surviving this , a single hit and im dead , i dont have any mitigation , maybe roar of sacrifice? i still dont think i will survive it and its 1 min cd.
    I dont think +21 is supposed to be very fair . There has to be a limit to progressing M+ with current gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donbooger View Post
    I dont think +21 is supposed to be very fair . There has to be a limit to progressing M+ with current gear.
    The limit on BRH Tyrannical at that level is CDs+floor on the 3rd boss and Shadow Bolt Volley on the last. Dreadlord's Guile does 8m damage on mythic+0, so with the exception on an immunity or cheat death, it's pretty much a 1 shot on any tyrannical difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Plan your placement better. Go towards the center (not the very center, enough distance to make up for the width of the ability) then move clockwise. It moves counter-clockwise. Once it spawns, you adjust accordingly. If it spawns on you, you're already moving away from the beam. If you're doing a +21, your reaction time should be enough once this ability doesn't make you panic a little bit.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

The solution is simple guys , just have a druid tank and tell it to use speedboost on this ability and just follow him and you win. Missed the timer for 2mins feels bad.

beam spawns from boss towards tank, most of the time.

just stand on the side and get ready to run counter clock wise as always

Honestly, if you don't know how to handle a mechanic as simple as Dreadlord's Guile, I sincerely doubt you are doing a 21.