Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man there are so many people in this thread quick to use such vitriolic language to someone who has a different opinion. So someone has a different perception than you. Showing them the reason you believe what you do is fine, but calling them an idiot and mocking their intelligence is just making you look like a child. You may be right but arguing like this is lunch time at elementary school isn't the right way to behave yourself.

Deleted
    I wish chain lightning was channeled spell, I want to be imperator palpatine.

Few QoL/buff Ele could get:

- Totems don't require los/path to cast.

- Stormkeeper having longer buff time.

- Fix Flame Shock + Lava burst mechanics. Reapplying FS after LvB should give guaranteed crit.

- Flame Path could refresh/reapply FS and/or LvB doesn't require FS to autocrit.

- Ancestral Guidance rework. LB/CL instant/castable while moving instead? Bring Spiritwalker's Grace back?

- Aftershock rework, it's currently flat out useless. Makes us cast non-mastery scaling spells more. At-least make it increase max maelstorm.

- Storm Elemental. Same issue as aftershock. Doesn't scale. Bad base damage. At-least make it's MS aura reliable(raid-wide) and/or decrease cool-down of knock up to make it viable M+ alternative.

- Lightning rod could be less rng and didn't force target swap.
    Last edited by mmoc2de6819d9a; 2017-03-23 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post

- Fix Flame Shock + Lava burst mechanics. Reapplying FS after LvB should give guaranteed crit.

- Flame Path could refresh/reapply FS and/or LvB doesn't require FS to autocrit.

- Ancestral Guidance rework. LB/CL instant/castable while moving instead? Bring Spiritwalker's Grace back?

- Aftershock rework, it's currently flat out useless. Makes us cast non-mastery scaling spells more. At-least make it increase max maelstorm.

- Storm Elemental. Same issue as aftershock. Doesn't scale. Bad base damage. At-least make it's MS aura reliable(raid-wide) and/or decrease cool-down of knock up to make it viable M+ alternative.

SK buff time is fine atm, imo. If they did buff it, make it only 5sec longer. You generally can pop most of them off rapidly, but we should still be required to make choices or risk losing it.

Ancestral Guidance... Get rid of it. Let us spec into Spiritwalker's Grace, if we want (basically the version Resto gets, if they take their talent for it, with 1min CD... Could care less about the 20% move speed).

Aftershock.... Hmm, make it so that ES can benefit from our Mastery somehow? Maybe guarantee it gets a mastery proc, but at half efficiency? Just kinda spitballing this one. (Screw it, make that the legendary boots' effect. That way It's not just bag ilvl for me)

But, for QOL, what I want most... Upgrade Ghost Wolf. Call it Dire Ghost Wolf. Let me get 100% mount speed without Rehgar in outdoors and dungeons that Druid Travel Form gets the benefit. No need to make us a passenger mount like Stag Form. But I'd like to be able to get 100% outdoors, without being restricted to only Broken Isles AND wasting a champion slot. I'd be willing to do a long, pain in the as quest chain for it (like old epic flight Form was, or green fire for Locks), and spend a good chunk of gold on reagents for quests that are designed just to be an arbitrary gold sink (like the Orb of Mystery for the panther mounts).
    Last edited by Crysth; 2017-03-23 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post

I like when they changed EQ from a totem to just a reticle, it fixed pathing issues with it. They need to do the same for other totems. What I REALLY want is for the radius of the totems from Totemic Mastery to be buffed. Late WoD, when pre-patch landed, the effective area felt HUGE... not it's tiny.

SK buff time is fine, imo. Making use have to choose different spells based on procs and such is good. IF they buffed it, it should only be by 5seconds at most.

Ancestral Guidance... Not giving up my Gust of Wind. Change this to Spiritwalker's Grace, with a 1min CD (1.5m at most, if that plus SK usage is too much mobility). I'd be okay with the full benefits of the Resto's talented version, but that'd be overkill.

Aftershock... Change it to make ES have interaction with our mastery somehow? Maybe have it guarantee to proc a mastery replication, but at half efficiency? Actually, put that shit on the legendary boots, so they aren't just bag ilvl for me.

Lightning Rod would be hard to change without breaking it. It'd be NICE to have the proc guaranteed on your main target of Chain Lightning (put a cooldown on how often this can be done, to prevent abuse?). It could allow us to hope for a proc from Lightning Bolt naturally, but also force a proc when we want. Lets us juggle the buff on a single target, but also guarantee it's on a priority target when we AOE (like the boss).

For QoL, what I REALLY want (and this isn't ele specific)... upgraded ghost wolf. Give us back the ability to have 100% mount speed outdoors and in certain dungeons (like druid's travel form), without the limitations of requiring Broken Isles AND burning a champion slot on Rehgar. I'd be willing to do a pain in the ass quest chain (like old school epic mounts for paladins and warlocks), and to spend a chunk of gold on arbitrary gold vendor-obtained items for quests (basically the Orb of Mystery for the panther mounts from JC). I don't need to be a passenger mount, like Stag Form, just 100% mount speed in all outdoor areas. It can be called Dire Ghost Wolf (kinda lame) with a mildly updated model. Shit, let us be Mana Sabers (we get tainted during communion with the elements in Suramar or some mess).

Deleted
    Ghost Hawk would be awesome alternative and perhaps decent class mount, but blizz went with elementals to make it more "homogenous".

There's very little "spirit" element in shamans anymore. I think we only retained Ghost Wolf because it was iconic ability.

Yeah, it feels as though the spiritual portion of shaman is more related to religion of the races that originally could be the class (Orc and Tauren) now, and the class is more related around purely the elements.

What feels bad to me about ele is already being able to hard cap mastery. It's the first raid tier and we're already hitting it, that's going to be a problem for future tiers.

In my mind, they can fix this in one of two ways: give us a fixed chance to over load and have mastery augment the damage OR have anything over 100% be a chance for an additional over load, ie 110% mastery gives a guaranteed one over load, with a 10% chance at another

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    What feels bad to me about ele is already being able to hard cap mastery. It's the first raid tier and we're already hitting it, that's going to be a problem for future tiers.

In my mind, they can fix this in one of two ways: give us a fixed chance to over load and have mastery augment the damage OR have anything over 100% be a chance for an additional over load, ie 110% mastery gives a guaranteed one over load, with a 10% chance at another
    Making overload a fixed chance would be brilliant. Binkenstein suggested this once a while ago. One can only hope...

Ive been in same situation like you OP but instead of going war I went Hunter
    I wrote quite a long post about this but I never posted it because the feeling of Blizzards relation to Shams is complete garbage

Elemental Shaman have problems with mechanics and it hurts the numbers outputs, if things were fixed Ele Sham would become balanced and viable for all encounters
    Numbers are fine and I dont think either a Nerf or buff to anything in raw % is needed

What is needed tho is this...
    I see that u are here to talk about 2 of the major problems but IMO there are 1 more

1. The CL fix will fix all AoE problems
    2. Casting while moving our a fix to DPS on the movement is very needed

3. DPS CDs are way to long and there is no DPS CD as baseline exept for a 5min CD

1 and 2 are the reason Ele are ranked worst on Guldan because it contains both those problems and no other class in the game struggle with that

And please dont compare yourself if you sit on 910 with BIS Legends if so you can only compare yourself to others with same ilvl and also BIS Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Are we really trying to compare number of melee and ranged? Good god people have you been playing this game for a month something? Blizzard always have melee with bigger numbers and easier time. Nothing new and this will never change.
    But never to this level. It has always been kinda balanced between melee and ranged.

The real problem is that Blizz insists on removing ranged dps mobility because mages/hunters had a bit too much (thus damaging Ele, Balance, Shadow and locks) and making ranged be mechanic whores, all the while giving melee higher realistic dps because ''but muh movement on mechanics'' when they ARENT doing said movement at all.

Instead of removing Ice Floes Blizz should have added back SWG and similars to other casters IF they are intended to be mechanics whores. Just because huntards and magenerics had/have the means to cheese mechanics with inmunities AND lose minimal dps on movement doesnt mean that that is the new ranged job because only 1/3 of the ranged classes/specs can actually do that job AND keep dps'ing.

We are basically living the fulfilled prophecy of Blizz removing ranged utility with false promises and then pretending its actually fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Ive been in same situation like you OP but instead of going war I went Hunter
    I wrote quite a long post about this but I never posted it because the feeling of Blizzards relation to Shams is complete garbage

Elemental Shaman have problems with mechanics and it hurts the numbers outputs, if things were fixed Ele Sham would become balanced and viable for all encounters
    Numbers are fine and I dont think either a Nerf or buff to anything in raw % is needed

What is needed tho is this...
    I see that u are here to talk about 2 of the major problems but IMO there are 1 more

1. The CL fix will fix all AoE problems
    2. Casting while moving our a fix to DPS on the movement is very needed

3. DPS CDs are way to long and there is no DPS CD as baseline exept for a 5min CD

1 and 2 are the reason Ele are ranked worst on Guldan because it contains both those problems and no other class in the game struggle with that

And please dont compare yourself if you sit on 910 with BIS Legends if so you can only compare yourself to others with same ilvl and also BIS Legends
    I totally agree with the third. But I wrote this post because I wanted people to know that ele is suffering because of last boss's random monster spread mechanism.
    So I wrote mainly about the cl problem and don't wrote few other problems.

got cl bounce range buffed or just hit boxes on some mobs?
    bad helya blobs spawn 5 hits, helya hit 3 back tentacles and the 2 top + 1 bottom, guldan eye spawn hit all, xavius p3 crazy bounces etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by futter View Post
    got cl bounce range buffed or just hit boxes on some mobs?
    bad helya blobs spawn 5 hits, helya hit 3 back tentacles and the 2 top + 1 bottom, guldan eye spawn hit all, xavius p3 crazy bounces etc
    This. Same in MoS last boss, CL bounces between tentacles, before it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammobrutto View Post
    This. Same in MoS last boss, CL bounces between tentacles, before it wasn't.
    Oh, thank Jesus! I hated not being able to use Chain Lightning unless it was two side tentacles directly next to each other (rarely happens for me), meanwhile practically everyone else could cleave from the middle Dominator Tentacle to both the side ones at once.

Deleted
    Also why the hell they changed the fire elemental as well .-. Now if we have a target and it's not in range, we can't cast, forcing us to use a gcd even if we could avoid to.

That's also part of my opening, casting fire ele 3 secs before pulling, and now I have to remove my target or it will aggro.

Annoying.

Also why the hell they changed the fire elemental as well .-. Now if we have a target and it's not in range, we can't cast, forcing us to use a gcd even if we could avoid to.

That's also part of my opening, casting fire ele 3 secs before pulling, and now I have to remove my target or it will aggro.

Annoying.
    The most annoying part is pulling the boss by accident.

Especially if you're unaware of this change.

wow. I do not know if this is my writing, but thanks to Blizzard for making ele buff. I hope this helps solve the our problem.

7+ Year Old Account

Annoying.
    It's annoying, but just make a macro that targets yourself, casts FE, and then targets last target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's annoying, but just make a macro that targets yourself, casts FE, and then targets last target.
    I made it already, still I don't see why they made it.