Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This time around, the best class/spec at a moment is just the one with the least amount of pvp template nerfs.

It was the sole reasion why frost dk dominated the pvp scence for a while even in arenas.

Most pvp is done in instances. Wpvp could be fun, but its restricted when it comes to rewards and honor gains.

In wpvp, i would go with a druid tank or dh or the ret. What counts here is not just survival, but mobility, too. Both rets and dks could use combat horse, but its restricted to only 1 hour, but if they use them and also those mounts in stormheim they are pretty tough to get away from.

My rogue is strong in wpvp too, especially with 2 survival legendaries and no pvp stat template to hurt his burst/dmg, however reduced slows to a flat 30% really hurts catching HK sometimes. I often think twice about attacking a dh, druid or monk, because they are so fast escaping.

i dunno why someone needs to play plate, but i would go: warrior for instanced pvp even solo ques and ret for wpvp. Dks are more hybrid creatures with tons of range abilities and even pets, they just happen to wear plate, other tha blood dk, they got pruned of most of their selfheals, it hardly recommend to play one solo, other than maybe an unholy dk in the backline using range abilities and playing like an affliction lock.

In short: You simply must like the playstyle of a spec and look at the pvp template. Class design is crap and won't help that much as in previous expansions, due to the pvp restrictions that could be made more visual ingame.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-03-06 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    It was rarely, if ever like that for WoW back in the past, you could outplay opponents no matter what class they were, the utility to do so existed, it no longer does, WoW PvP is now a burst game, to keep things 'simple' for the ever growing pleb gaming consumer who wants quick satisfaction.
    Maybe that is a problem you are having with the more refined version of WoW that exists today. I have no problem outplaying people in Legion; no problem, whatsoever.

Burst is lower now relative to many previous expansions, yet now it is a "burst game"? Not a chance......

The reduced role gear now plays in instanced PvP (which ought to be extended to duels) has made sure that that is the case, among other things. Are certain specs of certain classes burst-based? Yes, but with the increase in utility (relative to earlier xpacs) nearly every class has an answer for burst windows, if they time things properly. For example, when I play unholy, my ability to survive the burst put forth by certain 2s comps (mage/rogue, mage/DH, etc.) is directly related to my timing of corpse shield, my movement, and the stun I trinket. If I mess any of those things up (among other things), I likely die. However, if I time those things properly and move well, I not only likely survive, my team likely wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Wpvp is shit in Legion. There is no resilience and PVE damage is out of this world, meaning players just fucking one-two shot eachother. You can't even duel because it's over in 5 sec. Specs with burst can just two shot something and then run, then come back and two shot something again.
    If only this was the case in casual BGs too, this expansion would be perfect.