Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will Army of Light vs The Void Lords themed expansion finally unlock orcish priests?

Orcs have had their time on Azeroth and since they have been part of Argent crusade they should have been around to pick up the priest profession. HOWEVER orcs could have their priest lore stem from the Bleeding hollow clan. This clan had all this blood sacrifice stuff and peeking into the darkness to witness fates. They could be driven lore wise primarily by the shadow priest spec, just like the Forsaken. Orcs taught the ways of divination of the Bleeding hollow clan could now decide whether to align with the light or darkness.

Also I would like to add that even though orcs were shamanistic and worshipped the elements, orc priests have understanding of the TRUE primordial forces of the universe, light and shadow.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2017-03-04 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Only if their leader will be redeemed garrosh heavenscream.

Hmm. Something pretty significant would need to happen for orcs to go that route.

Orcs tend to go for roles of strength, or wisdom. But that wisdom they seek in the realm of spirits. Guidance from ancestors and the elements of the world.

I can see orcs embracing Paladin, an infusion of pure power that makes them stronger, without the negative effects of past powers the orcs have embraced.

But to sit and revere the Light as a higher power. To spend their time in reflection, focused on benevolence. It is hard to picture orcs like that. Orcs have been drawn to the power of the Void in the past. But the Light is not a power that lures, but you prove worthy of, by pursuing the good and guidance of others, in service of its power.

I just don't think that's very orc.

Deleted
    Well, they could interpret the light in a very different manner to how Taurens or Draenei do. To orcs it could be a more philosophical power, wisdom of reason, strength of will. Discipline is a principle of the light, and especially older orcs are known to possess strong willpower. Orcs have their fair share of casters, why not casters that can channel their will and interpretation of the alignments (light or dark) as manipulative energy.

Light is a force that inspires and shadow drive to brooding madness. Orcs that actively seek greater good and work towards it might be inspired to wield the light as en extension of their strength and orcs that seek deep understanding of mysteries and secrets from the dark corners of the world. IMO priesthood should have no class restriction just as DKs dont. Paladins are pure enforces of light whereas priests are more like scholars of different paths.

It's 2017 and as an orc I should be able to worship whoever/whatever I want
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2017-03-04 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Hmm. Something pretty significant would need to happen for orcs to go that route.

Orcs tend to go for roles of strength, or wisdom. But that wisdom they seek in the realm of spirits. Guidance from ancestors and the elements of the world.

I can see orcs embracing Paladin, an infusion of pure power that makes them stronger, without the negative effects of past powers the orcs have embraced.

But to sit and revere the Light as a higher power. To spend their time in reflection, focused on benevolence. It is hard to picture orcs like that. Orcs have been drawn to the power of the Void in the past. But the Light is not a power that lures, but you prove worthy of, by pursuing the good and guidance of others, in service of its power.

I just don't think that's very orc.
    I'd see them bend the lore again and make it not the 'light' but something else that could be kind of sort of related to 'light' theme... like how Tauren paladins and priest aren't worshiping the light but actually the sun

Idk, Legion didnt give us any new playable Paladins, for some reason.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather get Undead Paladins tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather get worgen monks.
    #boycottchina

The race/class combinations are fine right now (outside of stupid stuff like Orc Warlocks). Anything else would be forced just for the sake of it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The race/class combinations are fine right now (outside of stupid stuff like Orc Warlocks). Anything else would be forced just for the sake of it.
    orc warlocks are stupid? Next up, human paladins make no sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Do you mean Orc Mages, by chance? Because Orcish Warlocks are pretty well set in the history of the Orcs given their role in WC1 and WC2.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If I'm not mistaken playable green skin orcs affected by mannaroth's fel blood, green skin. I don't think u can weild the power of light with the fel blood in ur veins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    If I'm not mistaken playable green skin orcs affected by mannaroth's fel blood, green skin. I don't think u can weild the power of light with the fel blood in ur veins.
    Warcraft 3 says hello. Grom took care of that stuff.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

"Orc ancestors infused with light provided guidance to living orcs" this is from the chronicle vol. 2 thread.

orc spirits accepted light. orc ancestral spirits can still be communed with on both outland and draenor, so the orcs could easily learn it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    lol ty, got me laughing there

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Garrosh Heavenwhisper*

had to edit that for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Versatia View Post
    Garrosh Heavenwhisper*

had to edit that for ya
    Steadfast at his side are Kargath Candlefist, Ner'zhesus and Gul'dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    orc warlocks are stupid? Next up, human paladins make no sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Do you mean Orc Mages, by chance? Because Orcish Warlocks are pretty well set in the history of the Orcs given their role in WC1 and WC2.
    Yeah, makes sense that the orcs would just totally accept the very people that fucked over their entire society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, makes sense that the orcs would just totally accept the very people that fucked over their entire society.
    It does make sense if you ever actually bothered to do a bit of research first.
    Holy shit lol

Orcs aren't like Night Elves. They hate people that fucked them up, not their classes.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.