10+ Year Old Account

Israel Officially Decriminalizes Marijuana Use

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.775331

The cabinet approved on Sunday the decriminalized use of marijuana in Israel.
    According to the proposal formulated by the Public Security and Justice ministries, any first-time offender caught using marijuana in public would receive a fine rather than face criminal action.

To implement the policy, an inter-ministerial team will be set up to propose amendments, regulations and the required changes to carry out the new policy.

MK Tamar Zandberg (Meretz), the chairwoman of the Knesset Special Committee on Drug and Alcohol Abuse, said that "this is an important step, but not the end of the road. It sends a message that a million of Israelis who consume marijuana aren’t criminals. We will carry on following the details in the committee and ensure that the change is implemented."

Erdan is set to attend a special committee discussion on the decriminalization reform on Monday.
    The proposal was based on the conclusions of a committee headed by Public Security Ministry Director General Rotem Peleg, with the recommendations accepted by Erdan.

The panel recommended shifting focus from criminal prosecution of users to administrative fines and educational campaigns. Criminal prosecution, Minister Erdan said in January, should only be used as a last resort.

The panel recommended switching the focus on marijuana usage from the criminal level to the educational one, and expanding responses to marijuana use beyond opening criminal files and prosecuting users.

According to the new policy, first-time offenders that are caught using marijuana in a public place will incur a fine of 1,000 shekels ($271) but the offender will not face criminal charges. The fine will be doubled on the second offense. The third offense will lead to probation, with the record of the offense only being expunged after a brief period. Only on the fourth offense will criminal charges be pressed.*
    The money from the fines will go to financing antidrug education and treatment.

According to the new policy, if a minor is caught using marijuana he would be criminally investigated only if he refuses to take part in a treatment program, Erdan said.

Erdan had said that Israel's marijuana arrest policy was reexamined due to legalization efforts around the world.

Potential future of mellowing out the conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.775331

Potential future of mellowing out the conflict?
    Would be nice, but Israel is usually on the defense.

Israel will be the next country i travel to, always wanted to go there for history reasons so this will only make it better.

Cool. Should give Israel's economy a nice boost.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I like your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I know, I hate it when I accidently stub my toe on the drawer and have to bring out the flamethrower to show it a lesson.
    Flamethrower costs too many shekels, we use sledgehammers instead.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I know, I hate it when I accidently stub my toe on the drawer and have to bring out the flamethrower to show it a lesson.
    I too think Israel should just fire an equal and proportional amount of shitty rockets into Gaza that randomly hit various areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not really, how many times have they crossed the borders of other nations in recent years?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I need to visit my friend in Tel Aviv and get high on the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify for people that will only read the headline

decriminalization =/= legalization

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick! Send Funyuns and we can bring peace to the middle east!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-