Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Is it Time to Change the 14 Amendment?

Two illegal immigrants can violate our border laws, then crank out children and exploit them for welfare. Which they often do because they cannot survive on their rock bottom wages. The American tax payer takes up the slack.

Welfare mothers? Are we doing the 80s again? Can I do a flock of seagulls?

Honestly, if all benefits were taken away from illegal immigrants, they would head back for the border. Meaning, they would have to prove they are a citizen before they can claim any sort of tax-payer money, regardless if they have children or not born on US soil.

Bash me if you like, but I feel like we should be taking care of our veterans first, especially if they are homeless, before any illegal immigrant. Our system is incredibly flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Honestly, if all benefits were taken away from illegal immigrants, they would head back for the border. Meaning, they would have to prove they are a citizen before they can claim any sort of tax-payer money, regardless if they have children or not born on US soil.

Bash me if you like, but I feel like we should be taking care of our veterans first, especially if they are homeless, before any illegal immigrant. Our system is incredibly flawed.
    What tax-payer benefits are they getting that you want to take away?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What tax-payer benefits are they getting that you want to take away?
    Welfare, healthcare, free school lunch for their kids, government grants for their kids to attend college, etc. Anchor babies take away a lot of opportunities for American citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Because we can't do both?
    No, we can't. I am not even a big fan of the military and I would still choose them over illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Welfare, healthcare, free school lunch for their kids, government grants for their kids to attend college, etc.
    "Welfare" and "healthcare" aren't programs.

Anchor babies take away a lot of opportunities for American citizens.
    They're American citizens

7+ Year Old Account

Brah you clearly have a huge bias and open denial of the economic realities of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Brah you clearly have a huge bias and open denial of the economic realities of the situation.
    This sounds like you've ran out of argument.

Here yo go friendo, I've got your back
    You sent this to the wrong person.

/headdesk - Google is your friend in this case. ---mmm actually, I gotcha: https://www.usa.gov/benefits

The argument here is about changing the 14th to close the loophole. They are abusing the living shit out of the loophole, which the American tax-payer now has to take up with money out of our pockets on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2017-02-11 at 09:22 AM.

/headdesk - Google is your friend in this case.
    No, its yours. You're not actually naming programs. Could as meaningfully say "stuff".

The argument here is about changing the 14th to close the loophole. They are abusing the living shit out of the loophole, which the American tax-payer now has to take up with money out of our pockets on a daily basis.
    Jus soli isn't a loophole. Its a citizenship model created to accelerate integration. You seem to think the act of being an American with immigrant parents is somehow abusive to the rest of us.

No, its yours. You're not actually naming programs. Could as meaningfully say "stuff".

Jus soli isn't a loophole. Its a citizenship model created to accelerate integration. You seem to think the act of being an American with immigrant parents is somehow abusive to the rest of us.
    WIC, Welfare, CHIP, Medicaid, TANF, the list goes on. How much more do you want?

And YES, the act of being an American (in the case we are talking about, a baby) with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT parents IS abusive to the rest of us, the American tax-payer. Regardless if you want to don't want to think of this as a loophole in the system, sadly, it is. This is an amendment that is being horribly abused and we are having to foot the bill for it.

if birthright citizenship didn't exist all these immigrant parents would still be coming to this country for all the same reasons they already do: economic opportunity, violence in central and south america, etc. And they would still be having children because clue phone, people all over the world love to fuck.

What birthright citizenship accomplishes is integrating those families and communities into american life quickly: rather than having the semi-permanent communities of dispossessed immigrants that we see in some european countries, in the U.S. people tend to assimilate rapidly and become productive members of society

WIC, Welfare, CHIP, Medicaid, TANF, the list goes on. How much more do you want?
    Oh hey there you go, actual programs. Undocumented immigrants don't qualify for medicaid, foodstamps, or most other social spending programs.

And YES, the act of being an American (in the case we are talking about, a baby) with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT parents IS abusive to the rest of us, the American tax-payer. Regardless if you want to don't want to think of this as a loophole in the system, sadly, it is. This is an amendment that is being horribly abused and we are having to foot the bill for it.
    Lol being born to the wrong people is now abusive I guess. Not sure how something explicitly spelled out could be called a loophole but w/e

it's worth mentioning also that there's a pretty decent body of research arguing that immigrants are tax-positive immediately; for the most part they pay the taxes and fees people doing their jobs would pay anyway (payroll, sales, other consumption taxes), and are excluded from many of the benefits (social security, medicaid, etc.)

and again, the people receiving services such as CHIP actually are american citizens

Yes they are, I literally know some.
    Compelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    it's worth mentioning also that there's a pretty decent body of research arguing that immigrants are tax-positive immediately; for the most part they pay the taxes and fees people doing their jobs would pay anyway (payroll, sales, other consumption taxes), and are excluded from many of the benefits (social security, medicaid, etc.)

and again, the people receiving services such as CHIP actually are american citizens
    Tax positive and lower crime rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    At this point I would suggest to stop applying to him. Those that are given full evidence and still say it's wrong aren't either able, or aren't willing to change their mind

- - - Updated - - -

immigrants who are in this country legally (who are sometimes undocumented) are eligible for various benefits depending on the state. The stereotypical border-jumper is not; tbh I'm not sure how you think these programs work, there isn't just some office you can walk into absent documentation and say 'gimme my food stamps.'

immigrants who are in this country legally (who are sometimes undocumented) are eligible for various benefits depending on the state. The stereotypical border-jumper is not; tbh I'm not sure how you think these programs work, there isn't just some office you can walk into absent documentation and say 'gimme my food stamps.'
    ACTUAL DOCUMENTARY FOOTAGE

You know your veterans are mostly killers for hire, right?

Set aside your patriotism for a second and you'll understand why many countries your army oppressed have such a hate for american troops.

If anything, being part of an organized oppression group should be a black mark against someone, not something they'd be celebrated for.

I'm really sick of hearing people go "But think about our veterans". Yeah, as if the country doesn't have non-killers to take care of first.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    At this point I would suggest to stop applying to him. Those that are given full evidence and still say it's wrong aren't either able, or aren't willing to change their mind

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I am going to stop replying to him. I live in Texas (not from TX). Honestly, this shit is on the news ALL the damn time. We are paying for everything I have listed for him, and then some. Regardless of birth parents. Abuse of the system is abuse.

Overall, yes, I think the 14th amendment should be changed.

Yep. The bitching about tax money is nonsensical and not based in fact.

But then, the whole immigration thing is kind of like that.