Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea for a kickstarter

So I was thinking the other day, you know how some people get mad when dogs crap on their lawns?

How about this? A CCTV camera on one of those remote turrets with one of those air horns they have at sporting events.

So a motion detector sounds a chime that a dog is on your lawn, you observe the dog though the camera and then as he's about to dump a load, you push the horn button?

What do you think?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Would work a couple of times and then the dogs would just crap there anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a motion activated sprinkler. https://www.amazon.com/ScareCrow-Mot.../dp/B000071NUS
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

This is even better, you can chase the offending fur ball back to his house.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Cover your lawn with an electric mesh, problem solved.

Deleted
    Isn't dog shit good for like grass and flowers and stuff? Fertilizer or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Isn't dog shit good for like grass and flowers and stuff? Fertilizer or whatever.
    Not if it sits in one place. Dog shit and piss kills the grass.

Deleted
    Didn't know dog shit was, cow manure sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Didn't know dog shit was, cow manure sure.
    All shit has fertilizing properties. The issue comes from the concentration of chemicals. A poop left in one spot will "burn" the plants around it, killing them. If you took the poop, diluted it in water and sprayed it on your lawn, it would be disgusting but it would do a fine job making your lawn green.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have a much cheaper solution. It's called a fence and doesn't require you to monitor your lawn at all times.
    Front lawn fences are not common in some areas or even permitted depending on neighborhood.

But friend Hubcap, there is something even BETTER that is already on the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Dog shit doesn't really decompose unless you give them a special diet, or live in a hot ass area.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-03-08 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really, not that concentrated (as a lump). Add in that dog waste attracts rats....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No, not really, not that concentrated (as a lump). Add in that dog waste attracts rats....
    That monty army guy on here taught me rats are our friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a suburbanite issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be friends much longer with any of my neighbors that had one of these on their house. Reason? Cause i would take a baseball bat to that fucking horn the first time they used it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    All shit has fertilizing properties. The issue comes from the concentration of chemicals. A poop left in one spot will "burn" the plants around it, killing them. If you took the poop, diluted it in water and sprayed it on your lawn, it would be disgusting but it would do a fine job making your lawn green.
    Idunno, I see mushrooms growing out of the grass fields where cows do their dump, never seen that with dog shit. and it isn't spread out and sprayed like you say you would need to with dog shit.

Well, I pick up after my dog, and if you scared my dog, my arm would likely be broken, he would take off into traffic. Then I'd sue you, and inform any vehicle who hit my dog to also sue you for damages.

Afaik the excrements of carnivores has too much sodium or something like that and aren't used because of that.

No, dog poop just straight up kills grass.

It's about the diet/digestive process, that's why cow poop is good. For example, cows have a stomach that's broken up into 4 sections for the digestive process, rather than just one.

I knew that botany class would come in handy at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Idunno, I see mushrooms growing out of the grass fields where cows do their dump, never seen that with dog shit. and it isn't spread out and sprayed like you say you would need to with dog shit.
    Most cow manure is mixed with hay then spread then over the field. Its not just dumping shit on the ground. You don't necessarily need to mix it with water(well you would to apply it to grass), you could mix it with hay and put it out on a field just like cow shit. Now, manure may be better than dog shit, Im just saying dog shit can and will make grass greener.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afaik the excrements of carnivores has too much sodium or something like that and aren't used because of that.
    Thats correct, but it doesn't mean they have no fertilizer value, its just that other poops (cow) are better and we have LOTS of cow poop.
    Also, most people feed their dogs bad dog food, food that is 80% wheat.
    READ and be less Ignorant.