All 1080p TVs are pretty much the same as resolution go, isn' it ?

A 24 inch 1080p TV does offer the same resolution than a 72 inch, correct ?

(The question seems incredibly naive, I'm aware, but I tend to not pay attention to such things much-same for PC screens. I must confess that as of this day, I still dont understand what people mean by going over 60mghts frequency refresh rate)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    A 24 inch 1080p TV does offer the same resolution than a 72 inch, correct ?

(The question seems incredibly naive, I'm aware, but I tend to not pay attention to such things much-same for PC screens. I must confess that as of this day, I still dont understand what people mean by going over 60mghts frequency refresh rate)
    That is correct. The point of bigger TVs of the same resolution is that you should match it with how far away you are going to sit.

A 72" 1080p TV doesn't work well if you are sitting 5 feet from it, just as a 26" 1080p TV won't cut it if you are sitting 25 feet away from it.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-big-a-tv-should-i-buy/

But as 24 inch TV does not offer ''poorer resolution'' than a 72 inch if both are 1080p ?

(TY for answer above)

It's not "poorer" in the sense you're thinking. But watching a 72" tv up close will look much worse than watching a 24" tv up close. Just as watching a 24" tv far away will look worse than a 72" far away. They both contain the same amount of pixels, but they have viewing ranges.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    TLDR: Yes, bigger TV = larger pixels = less quality = more blocky.

Size is the, uh, well, size of the TV.
    Resolution is how many pixels are spread across it. So a bigger TV with the same resolution will have larger pixels.

Generally a larger TV (under the same resolution) is ment to be used further away from the viewer. Your kitchen TV hanging on the wall for your morning news while you make breakfast doesn't need to be large because it's close to you. A TV being watched across a large living room has to be bigger. 60 Megaherthz doesn't exist, what you mean is 60 Hertz which is something you should go look up on the wikipedia (or "refresh rate" or "frames per second").

The resolution is the same. The ppi (pixels per inch) is different because the total number of pixels on both screens is the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    But as 24 inch TV does not offer ''poorer resolution'' than a 72 inch if both are 1080p ?

(TY for answer above)
    Size doesn't matter, but brand and screen type do. Make sure to do your research on what you wanna buy

1080 or 4k I don't care as long as it does a good black.

I picked up a 65" Westinghouse 120hz 1080p recently on sale for $500.

Doesn't have a lot of greater reviews, but I am not into all the 4K fancy stuff yet so it looks great. If it lasts me at least 5 years I'd be happy.

I replaced an older style 57" Mitsubishi 1080p DLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Size doesn't matter, but brand and screen type do. Make sure to do your research on what you wanna buy
    A dirt cheap 120$ Insignia. (With a PS4 and XOne. Yes. I know)

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    1080 or 4k I don't care as long as it does a good black.
    This is where I love my OLED, but did not love the $$$ attached to it.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    This is where I love my OLED, but did not love the $$$ attached to it.
    My half blind father-in-law (he is legally blind by law, but still drives during the day...) dropped $2200 on a 55" OLED TV same day I picked mine up.

Guy is a master at blowing money on shit he can't even fully utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My half blind father-in-law (he is legally blind by law, but still drives during the day...) dropped $2200 on a 55" OLED TV same day I picked mine up.

Guy is a master at blowing money on shit he can't even fully utilized.
    I notice it in games and movies (especially those using HDR), but with normal cable/sports I don't see a major difference other than maybe brighter colors. HDR though...whew that's the first I've ever gone "WOW" when watching something on a TV.

I use a 32" Insignia 1080p 60hz for my primary monitor. Only adjustment for using with PC is I had to set the sharpness to zero.

All I play is WoW. Works great. Only cost me $120 when I picked it up on sale.