Draenic Speculation

So with Argus coming and the Draenei history about to be revealed in a Chronicle at some point I figured it would be fun to put together what lore we do know or can infer from the game.

Basically I want to talk about the Draenei and the light, so this is all going to be inferred.

The Draenic civilization on Argus was one purely of the intellect and the arcane. While the light was unknown or close to unknown the lust for power was not - which led to the rise of the Manari. The Manari were warlocks, pure and simple and ran the risks all warlocks do of losing control of their demonic slaves, which is how we have the Skull of the Manari as an artifact weapon. I'm not sure if Thal ran afoul of the Doomguards prior to the creation of the Legion or only after the corruption of Sargeras but either way there wasn't much control placed on the thirst for knowledge on Argus.

So I theorize that while Velen may have made contact with the Naaru either right before or right after the corruption of the Draenei I'd say that it was only on their exodus that the Draenei became true scions of The Light while under the tutelage of the Naaru.

This reflects pretty boldly on Azeroth though, as Azeroth came by the ways of the light in a rather natural way and thus may have a stronger affinity for it, which is why Azeroth is needed to truly defeat the Legion as part of the Army of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So with Argus coming and the Draenei history about to be revealed in a Chronicle at some point I figured it would be fun to put together what lore we do know or can infer from the game.

Basically I want to talk about the Draenei and the light, so this is all going to be inferred.

The Draenic civilization on Argus was one purely of the intellect and the arcane. While the light was unknown or close to unknown the lust for power was not - which led to the rise of the Manari. The Manari were warlocks, pure and simple and ran the risks all warlocks do of losing control of their demonic slaves, which is how we have the Skull of the Manari as an artifact weapon. I'm not sure if Thal ran afoul of the Doomguards prior to the creation of the Legion or only after the corruption of Sargeras but either way there wasn't much control placed on the thirst for knowledge on Argus.

So I theorize that while Velen may have made contact with the Naaru either right before or right after the corruption of the Draenei I'd say that it was only on their exodus that the Draenei became true scions of The Light while under the tutelage of the Naaru.

This reflects pretty boldly on Azeroth though, as Azeroth came by the ways of the light in a rather natural way and thus may have a stronger affinity for it, which is why Azeroth is needed to truly defeat the Legion as part of the Army of the Light.
    Everything was created from the void and light clash. Even the Draenei, so they would have a natural affinity for the light. Learning about the light from the Naaru is probably the best way you could possibly advance in holy magic. Azeroth is needed because it's a prodigy titan fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Everything was created from the void and light clash. Even the Draenei, so they would have a natural affinity for the light. Learning about the light from the Naaru is probably the best way you could possibly advance in holy magic. Azeroth is needed because it's a prodigy titan fetus.
    And received special attention from the Pantheon, basically creating the most powerful mortal world in existence, with beings born from titan blood and titanforged armies.

OT

The Naaru interfered in eredar evolution, with the Ata'mal crystals.

Neither Chronicle volume (so far) has spoken much about the deep history of the Draenei, other than things we've already known. Volume 1 covered a bit about Argus when Sargeras contacted the Eredar, and didn't give much new information. Volume 2 only really covers the Draenei and their society on Draenor from when they landed up until the destruction of Draenor. We get details about the Exarchs, what cities were built in which order, how the Broken really came to be, and some other Draenor-centric details. Unfortunately, there's no new information about pre-Sargeras Argus in there.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm expecting Vol. 3 to cover Argus more in-depth, especially in light of the events that will occur in Legion. I'd love to see a focus on the prehistory of Argus like Draenor received in Vol. 2.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead