10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco benched, stadium is looking less purple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Hey guys, but Flacco is elite, right?
    And Bortles was supposed to suck... (he probably still does)

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    And Bortles was supposed to suck... (he probably still does)
    He is the garbage time king. They probably told him they were down 60 points when the game started or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots LT Nate Solder NOT on the field while the rest of the team is. I do not like the implication of that at ALL, cause our starting RT is out already too. Things would get incredibly dicey with a make shift O-line against that ridiculously talented Texans D-line.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Steelers saying they're going to stay in the locker room during the anthem today. Escalation!
    I'd be fine if they got rid of anthems at the start of every game and only played them at the end of international sporting events. I don't care if the hillbilly left turn only fans want to wave their flags because I don't watch that garbage, but pretty well every other sport needs to ditch it for their professional leagues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots LT Nate Solder NOT on the field while the rest of the team is. I do not like the implication of that at ALL, cause our starting RT is out already too. Things would get incredibly dicey with a make shift O-line against that ridiculously talented Texans D-line.
    Texans D line has a habit of not showing up to big games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Texans D line has a habit of not showing up to big games.
    Wut? They sure as hell showed up last year in the playoffs. Brady was roughed up that game, and that was WITH our starting LT and RT and without JJ Watt.

Also from what I hear from Patriots beat, the Texans were pretty fired up in pregame.

I have a baaaaaad feeling about this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd be fine if they got rid of anthems at the start of every game and only played them at the end of international sporting events. I don't care if the hillbilly left turn only fans want to wave their flags because I don't watch that garbage, but pretty well every other sport needs to ditch it for their professional leagues.
    Its a pipe dream, they already added an extra song, I'd settle for losing "God Bless America" being sung and be happy with the progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40002778-4

Glad to see Mark's change of heart on this , also the entire Raiders starting Oline (which is the only all African American offensive line in the league) plan to sit out the anthem.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...21tg8efyoe4uv4

IDk what do be more mad about:

1. That the NFL is becoming a platform for identity politics

Or...

2. That the Steelers are probably going to get away with blatently violating NFL rules yet again.

Quite the dilenmma I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why be mad at all? When the President waded in, this became a bigger issue than hating on rival teams.

It is insane the improvement Adam Gotsis has made since last year. Goes to show being a rookie and coming off an injury holds you back a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Why be mad at all? When the President waded in, this became a bigger issue than hating on rival teams.
    Mixing politics with anything other than politics doesn't end well. I personally try to completely avoid it, but kind of hard when it goes into other unrelated things it shouldn't.

Brady out here playing no games.

- - - Updated - - -

Gilmore with the excellent read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wut? They sure as hell showed up last year in the playoffs. Brady was roughed up that game, and that was WITH our starting LT and RT and without JJ Watt.

Also from what I hear from Patriots beat, the Texans were pretty fired up in pregame.

I have a baaaaaad feeling about this game.
    My co-worker, a huge patriots fan is worried about this game as well. I dunno. Belichick is good at making rookie QBs suck.

Bills defense is pretty good. 2 false starts in the 1st 7 minutes sounds about right for a Denver o-line too. This is probably going to be a very low scoring game.

Evidently can o-lines not only hold pass rushers around their necks, but they can cut block without the refs flagging it. League probably wants more offense to help the tv numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    1. That the NFL is becoming a platform for identity politics
    In the modern era of America's culture, this is of vital importance. Sports can not be an exception to the pressing issues of our time when a majority of the players comprise the members of the disenfranchised, oppressed and/or dissatisfied.

The response from the NBA on the issue recently was super appropriate and relevant to the current culture. I think with the players asking for a month of social awareness on par with breast cancer awareness in the NFL will necessitate the NFL having a response sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone, this is the FOOTBALL thread. I understand some mixing will happen, but if you want to hold indepth discussions about the political and social issues at stake here, I suggest you create a thread for it on the General Off Topic forum.

Turns out covering TEs is still an issue for Denver's defense. Part of it might be more zone, which the defense struggled in doing the last couple years.

Bills get a TD off of a luck drop ending up in another player's hands. Then they get 2 unnecessary roughness penalties in a row. These are the same old Bills even with a new staff I guess.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-09-24 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady making the most boneheaded play I've seen him make since his first quarter pick against the Seahawks in the Superbowl.

What exactly is a catch now? Evidently 3 steps with possession isn't.

Sanders is also dropping a lot of balls this year, must have spent too much time with DT and caught the bug.