Thread: "Gold Diggers"

10+ Year Old Account

"Gold Diggers"

Would you consider yourself a "gold digger?"

Meaning you are the type of person who looks for relationships with other people who you perceive to have money or they actually do have money.

As for me, not really. It does provide an extra layer of security knowing the one I am with is capable of providing for herself if need be, so thats a plus in my book

Deleted
    How is wanting to be with someone of equal financial value being a gold digger?
    On topic, no. I also wonder how many people will say yes and are serious!

10+ Year Old Account
    No preferably I'd much rather have a partner who makes about the same as I do so that neither of us can feel like a burden on the other but so long as each pulls their weight it's all good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    How is wanting to be with someone of equal financial value being a gold digger?
    On topic, no. I also wonder how many people will say yes and are serious!
    Its not being a gold digger.

I consider that neutral. Gold digging is trying to form a relationship with someone who has more money than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last thing you want is a materialistic wife.

gotta bring yourself in, know what i mean?

as long as you are not just getting paid to get fucked, it's all good in my book. Otherwise rich people can only date other rich people. love is for everyone equally.

I don't care if my girlfriend/wife has a lot of money, but I do want her to have enough drive to pursue her own career. In case of a breakup she should be able to stand on her own feet.

In general, women who just want to get pampered are incredibly unattractive to me. Instant turnoff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing inherently wrong with seeking out wealth in a partner imo but a spade is a spade. Anyone dating 30+ years above themselves and that person coincidentally happens to have lots of money... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Last thing you want is a materialistic wife.
    You know what I like a lot more than a materialistic wife? A knowledgeable wife. In fact I'm a lot more proud of my second wife, who was a librarian than I am of the trophy wife I have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    After my divorce my rule was I would only date someone who had their own full-time employment. When I met my now wife her rule was that whomever she ended up with needed to at least be working. As both of our exes were terrible with finances it made sense for both of us to enter into our relationship with the mindset that should anything ever happened (death, breakup, etc.) that the other could continue without the other's finances.

Deleted
    Well, I wouldn't want no Broke Nigga that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    You know what I like a lot more than a materialistic wife? A knowledgeable wife. In fact I'm a lot more proud of my second wife, who was a librarian than I am of the trophy wife I have now.
    Bravo 10/10

Deleted
    It turns me off tbh. I think it's pretty disgusting to think of one self as good person while being addicted to any kind of financial advantage. I hear it a lot from other peoples families - they literally have war about every single penny, parents vs children and brother vs sister. Breaking even the last actual example why autonomous organizations can and always worked when all other is influenced by the capitalistic system and it's patriarchal predecessors.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-03-07 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you consider yourself a "gold digger?"

Meaning you are the type of person who looks for relationships with other people who you perceive to have money or they actually do have money.

As for me, not really. It does provide an extra layer of security knowing the one I am with is capable of providing for herself if need be, so thats a plus in my book
    I'm not looking for anyone who makes a ton of money, but if you're a lazy fuck who doesn't pull your weight I won't be caught dead with you. My wife makes a little bit less than me, but it's pretty close to my income. If all goes well, I'll be making significantly more in the next few years. Her career is a lot slower moving as far as income goes, however. So her income probably won't increase as rapidly as mine has the potential to.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Kek. 10/10 troll dude. If for real then wow. Get ready for a third ex-wife.

No, but my partner needs to be able to take care of herself.

Especially when I die from breaking the streaming marathon record.

My wife makes much less money than I do. If she wanted to take some time off and do whatever she was in the mood for, I'd be cool with it, provided the house was clean and dinner was on the table. Not really in her character though, she pulls her weight.

No.

I wouldn't be willing to be with someone who earns far less than me though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care much, as long as its enough to not hold us back. Of course it'd be nice if she was obcenely rich, but it wouldnt be a criteria for choosing her.