Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Who is/will be the strongest country in the world?

Is it still the U.S ?? i heard rumours china is getting stronger but isnt the U.S the biggest buyer of china?? so if america stops buying their products, wont there economy go bust??, people are also saying on internet russia is getting stronger but im not sure whats really happening.

Who would you say is the strongest and who will continue to be the strongest in next coming years??

10+ Year Old Account
    US still has the strongest military and spends a fuck ton on it.

Cicero said "money is the sinew of war." back in the year 0 or so.

United States: US$410.8 billion (18% of total China exports)
    Hong Kong: $334.3 billion (14.6%)
    Japan: $135.9 billion (6%)
    South Korea: $101.5 billion (4.4%)
    Germany: $69.2 billion (3%)
    Vietnam: $66.4 billion (2.9%)
    United Kingdom: $59.7 billion (2.6%)
    Netherlands: $59.6 billion (2.6%)

Current top Chinese trading partners.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Cicero said "money is the sinew of war." back in the year 0 or so.

United States: US$410.8 billion (18% of total China exports)
    Hong Kong: $334.3 billion (14.6%)
    Japan: $135.9 billion (6%)
    South Korea: $101.5 billion (4.4%)
    Germany: $69.2 billion (3%)
    Vietnam: $66.4 billion (2.9%)
    United Kingdom: $59.7 billion (2.6%)
    Netherlands: $59.6 billion (2.6%)

Current top Chinese trading partners.
    damn, india is high xD

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    damn, india is high xD
    India's current economy is smaller than most major European ones. And that growth projection is EXTREMELY optimistic, as India has a history of falling fall short of projections and expectations.

If the European Union survives the coming decade (which it likely will, and hopefully will, considering that is one of the more benign and positive forces in the world) it will likely stay ahead of China GDP wise, as its population is huge and wealthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    India's current economy is smaller than most major European ones. And that growth projection is EXTREMELY optimistic, as India has a history of falling fall short of projections and expectations.

If the European Union survives the coming decade (which it likely will, and hopefully will, considering that is one of the more benign and positive forces in the world) it will likely stay ahead of China GDP wise, as its population is huge and wealthy.
    Isnt the china's growth abit sketchy aswel? alot of reports are saying "the country saw its exports projected to grow only by 1.9% in 2016, and total GDP growth has gone down to 6.5% and is projected to slow to 5.8% by 2021."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it still the U.S ?? i heard rumours china is getting stronger but isnt the U.S the biggest buyer of china?? so if america stops buying their products, wont there economy go bust??, people are also saying on internet russia is getting stronger but im not sure whats really happening.

Who would you say is the strongest and who will continue to be the strongest in next coming years??
    By what measure are we determining "strongest"?

Military?
    Socio-programs?
    Econony?
    Space program?

Deleted
    The Question should be: Who can use the most Nukes ?

having a huge Army means shit in times of nuclear Warfare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    By what measure are we determining "strongest"?

Military?
    Socio-programs?
    Econony?
    Space program?
    i would say all to the points you listed , who would you say is strongest in those areas? ty bro

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    i would say all to the points you listed , who would you say is strongest in those areas? ty bro
    Gotcha.

China has the population, and is building a decent military, and has a tight hand on their economy, but their political system is fucking up most of everything else. I would put them very high, but not on top.

The United States, notwithstanding Trump, has the strongest military, decent social programs (or they did), a very good economy, and a population that is usually satisfied/happy. It would be remiss not to put the U.S. on top - they are either first or second.

Europe is a mess. Although excellent social programs, decent military, and good/great economies; none of them are strong enough to stand up or out as top three. If Europe was truly one country, then they would have a shot at first.

Australia is making an interesting move for the top spot, but they don't care, so I'm not sure they can be considered. Plus, while their military is excellent, it's not big enough to really project.

Canada might make a play for first. They win in social programs, their economy is rocking (not size, but success), but their military is both laughable and nonexistent. I'm not criticizing, just pointing.

Overall, I'd have to say the U.S. is still on top, but they are trying very hard to lose the spot.

The United States of America, is and will be for some time yet.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Anybody who doesn't have US as thge most powerful are idiots. US leads in both scales that matter. Economy and military. They are fucking titans in both and it will be decades before China come close. Everyone wants to be US friends. They got the money and they got the might. China may saber rattle every know and again but they would never do anything to jepardise the money that america has. China wants to be great but it is too frightened to become a super power. China would be crushed by US in ANY armed conflict. It is disgusting how powerful the US are. China is nothing but a regional power. The US is a true super power. Lol. Even Russia could take China right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Canada might make a play for first. They win in social programs, their economy is rocking (not size, but success), but their military is both laughable and nonexistent. I'm not criticizing, just pointing.

Overall, I'd have to say the U.S. is still on top, but they are trying very hard to lose the spot.
    Canada has the same population as California but California has twice the GDP that Canada has. And they shun military stuff.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

ATM, easily the U.S.

China is climbing though. If things continue at the same rate, they can and will take the spot. This based on economic measures.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

@Ulmita

/10 characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Austria will rise again!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Canada has the same population as California but California has twice the GDP that Canada has. And they shun military stuff.
    Indeed. Probably why they will never make it to the top. Be interesting if Canada just absorbed the U.S.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The US has a lot of staying power and cultural power especially within its own borders. Even if cataclysm struck tomorrow and the US government was toppled and dead and cities were in ruins, its shear numbers and arms would make it a very powerful force for generations after such a theoretical doomsday scenario.

In the somewhat distant future I will be it will be an African country simply because of high birthrates and them being plausibly some of the last large populations left that they could numerically dominate anyone else and by then all western, middle eastern, Asian and Latin American countries will be deep into demographic winter. While maybe not a technological superpower or anything like what the United States has built, the shear numbers and youthful vitality will likely allow it to have great power anyway do to economic vitality driving it ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. and it's going to get stronger under Trump if he 1) stays around and 2) increases their budget like he wants to.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Probably why they will never make it to the top. Be interesting if Canada just absorbed the U.S.
    I do like Canada's parliamentary system. It would be hilarious if after all that is said and done the US ends up as a British Commonwealth country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.