Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's most likely that they only took action against those players that openly support and partake in these boosts for real money. In every other case, they can't prove that there's been a real money exchange so... this just means people will be less open about these services, but they'll still keep going. There are entire companies created around these services...

I hate this as much as the next player (especially their camping of BMAH), but I get the feeling Blizzard's cracking down on it for one simple reason... they want players to buy boosts for gold, which they buy through tokens...

Thanks Blizzard thats a great news !

Comparing them punishing something blatantly against the TOS that makes people vulnerable to scams and theft of cash is ridiculous to them selling the game tokens is ridiculous.

Gold sellers flooded the market with items, farmed good locations to death and imbalanced the economy but they were also motivated to push into game breaking activity for quick profits to get gold to sell. They also scammed, cheated, stole and hacked peoples game accounts and bank accounts.

The game time tokens (which are being applied to more services) provided a legitimate and safe alternative that could be regulated and controlled according to natural market forces while bleeding gold sellers dry. Plus it being tied to game time and other services helps mitigate the effects of gold buying and provided people with gold a means to buy game time.

Blizzard will die by greediness. They want people to buy 20 tokens and spend gold on boost. So actually Blizzard is the one who is selling boost for real money. I think I'll quit game after Legion. Not because of the game itself but because of Blizzard's greediness and because they tricked me. Long time ago they said they will never sell game currency for real money and players will never have reason to do things which are not fun like farming gold. Game became too expensive. Players have never needed much gold like in this expansion. Don't get me wrong, I have never bought gold or boost but I have spent so much time on farming herbs and ores for raiding and m+ runs.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    lol, so you're saying that because you bought a 12 pack of Pepsi, you should be able to sell each of those cans to your friends? Nope, not the way things work. You CAN sell the cans, but you're breaking the law and can be punished if caught.

Whatever country that is, sounds like an awfuly backward one. Not being able to sell something you own.. really?

Wasn't really expecting anything after reading that news bit but was actually somewhat disappointed to see all those incredibly obvious sellers come out of it unscathed.

Real money carries shouldn't exist.

That being said, this seems kinda like an advertisment from Blizzard saying "Gold carries are fine! go do those! ... pst btw you can BUY gold with REAL MONEY if you purchase a token!! XD XD"

either way, people who pay for these things are losers, and people who sell it could probably make more money elsewhere with the lvl of work they put in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    What I thought was interesting is that they say "gold" runs are fine. Yet with the advent of the WoW tokens, gold has a real currency value. So really whats the difference there, if gold has has a $ value surely its pretty much the same thing?
    The difference is. any money you make with this, is still bound on battlenet therefor blizzard still get the money, if you pay dudes with real money and not gold blizzard would not get a peace of that pie.

Congrats Blizz. People have been doing this for 12 years. Good job putting in measures to stop it now.

I think the state of the situation has only become even more apparant with group finder. I mean at least 5-6 on the eu realms are people advertising for real money and linking to websites

Deleted
    do you finally see why blizzard is making WOW so random?

because they need nolifers to grind 24/7.
    and they need casuals to pay for tokens

then they give the nolifers a reason to carry the casuals.

that way they earn as much money if not even more money as if they had the highest subcount back in the day.

why they dont show sub numbers? because they are nowhere as impressive as they were in the past.. and they just dont need them anymore to show how healthy the game is.

ofc. blizzard now wants to stop the realmoney runs and advertise the gold runs because everything is in blizzards hand. who knows if anybody really got banned? the real warning sign is this blue post wich will be shown on every fanpage and even gamingrelated pages around the world.

I know a lot of reports were made against several memebers of Method for this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt View Post
    Blizzard will die by greediness. They want people to buy 20 tokens and spend gold on boost. So actually Blizzard is the one who is selling boost for real money. I think I'll quit game after Legion. Not because of the game itself but because of Blizzard's greediness and because they tricked me. Long time ago they said they will never sell game currency for real money and players will never have reason to do things which are not fun like farming gold. Game became too expensive. Players have never needed much gold like in this expansion. Don't get me wrong, I have never bought gold or boost but I have spent so much time on farming herbs and ores for raiding and m+ runs.
    Remember when people actually played the game to get AotC, rather than just paying someone to carry them?

Remember when players used to do fun alt raids, bring in a few pugs, and possibly find a few diamonds in the rough to fill their ranks rather than disbanding because they can't find any good players to carry buyers?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Enjoy that Ban Hammer!!!! Hopefully they were horde to help clean up the overpopulation on my server group. GJ Bliz! :-)

I am laughing at everyone who does not understand why Blizzard did this or why they are wrong when told that what Blizzard did is completely legal and... correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 7 days for people who have been making thousands of Dollars/Euros.
    Just swipe them all away like Botters so we can once and for all start with a clean slate.

Deleted
    Should have perma banned them!

This is good!

Deleted
    Le'rekt.. Good!

If this was a real action against pay2play systems, they would be banning all the complicit raiders too.
    They're all aware of it, the fact that even a single raider is logging on their account right now means that blizzard are cucks and didnt go far enough.

Most of these suspensions/bans? are on dummy accounts.