Deleted

Just had worst match ever

Wow! First of all, I'm not crazy about Overwatch, after 60 hours I find it a very rage inducing experience. But 10 min ago I got out of what was probably the worst match I have ever played. Just a quickplay, right? WRONG!

I don't usually check out the enemy team before the match starts, so this came as a surprise. The other team seemed...very VERY damn good. Like players jumping 24/7, Mercy better with the pistol than me on my Soldier, Hanzo not missing even one shot, coordinating cc, etc etc... I was like "what the actual fuck?!"

Guess what, 3 of those guys were level 100 and with gold weapons. In FUCKING QUICKPLAY! Guessing they got tired of being rekt against equally experienced and skill players, so they went to "smash noobs" as a team in quickplay.

Most cancer match ever! How exactly is this supposed to be fun for all players?! 99,99% of players in quickplay are very unlikely to stand a chance against such experienced players. This is like geared premades in random bgs, in wow.

It's the same with most PvP type gampeplay. Even in something like BF when you are new at Rank 1 and don't know the maps people just farm you. It's not fun until you can catch up, which will take awhile. Until then this experience will happen a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvstec
    Its because everyone thinks they are a unique snowflake and their departure means something. facebookbabies

Sadly quick play doesn't really care for balance, outside of some very rough parameters like parties and such, levels between both sides can vary hugely.

Ideally quick play should use each players activity last weeks and try gauge their skill on that, so its fair for both constantly playing people and returning players. Level alone doesn't say much, except they grinded a lot. Of course chances are they know more as well, but even that the match making can put you up against a team with 500 more levels than your team, it's really lame.

Quick play should have like two checkboxes, one for solo queue, one for balanced avg level team match making, in addition to the regular one. Down side might be longer queue for you, but hopefully more fair. It's like, competitive is fine but not everyone have a full team for it, so imo we should have more quick play type options, more balanced queues too for those that do care a bit about W/L but not enough to play competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is MMR in QP, but right now there are a lot of people still dicking about with Custom Games, and others are on PTR playing with Orisa; this leads to long queues and stretching of the MMR limits. If you're not playing Comp, there's not really any reason not to play on PTR at the moment to be honest, it's really stable and the queues are pretty short. I've actually seen a few US players saying they get better ping to the PTR than normal servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Most cancer match ever! How exactly is this supposed to be fun for all players?! 99,99% of players in quickplay are very unlikely to stand a chance against such experienced players. This is like geared premades in random bgs, in wow.
    This is Blizzard. This is exactly what their game design is based on for multiple titles in their library.

It is no different than what gearing in random BG's feels like.

Now you know why players can have 65-70% win percentages.

Wow! First of all, I'm not crazy about Overwatch, after 60 hours I find it a very rage inducing experience. But 10 min ago I got out of what was probably the worst match I have ever played. Just a quickplay, right? WRONG!

I don't usually check out the enemy team before the match starts, so this came as a surprise. The other team seemed...very VERY damn good. Like players jumping 24/7, Mercy better with the pistol than me on my Soldier, Hanzo not missing even one shot, coordinating cc, etc etc... I was like "what the actual fuck?!"

Guess what, 3 of those guys were level 100 and with gold weapons. In FUCKING QUICKPLAY! Guessing they got tired of being rekt against equally experienced and skill players, so they went to "smash noobs" as a team in quickplay.

But this is kind of the deal with QP, isn't it? That you can be teamed up or play against pretty much anyone.
    If you want more fair play, why not play comp? Even if you are rather new to the game or not that good, you will maybe end up in bronze but they you will be playing against equally skilled players and probably enjoy the game more until you've gotten more experience. Give it a try

YOu have just as high of chancesof getting on the team with 3 pros as you do being put on the opposite team. When you hit a button that gives you random teams and random opponents you roll the dice with every game. If you don't like it don't look for random games, the random button does what it is designed to do.

Sounds to me that you just got butt hurt because you didn't enjoy losing. Sorry to tell you this but you are going to lose many matches in your life. None of these matches ultimately matter, you just click the button and roll back into the game for another match.

If you take horrible loses personally you are doing it wrong. The difference between pros and non-pros is that pros are capable of taking suggestions without getting offended and capable of losing games without getting butt hurt towards their team. It's just a game, getting mad that you rolled the dice and came up with a bad team is just as infantile as losing a head game and kicking the board into the air when you walk away.

Those pros were probably in QM for a warm up match, I know in your head you like to portray them as horrible people tired of getting their asses kicked in comp gamesbut the reality is they probably have a good reason for what they are doing in QM that has nothing to do with what you imagine to be happening.

lol no story short, get over it, the problem isn't them. The problem is how you choose to deal with what barely counts as a problem.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-03-10 at 04:34 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had 6 of them tonight after doing amazing yesterday. Every day is a different story. Like Deadman said just dust the sand off and try again. Bitching won't do anything but aggravate you more causing your play to be worse.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Don't see how this is different to any other FPS out there.