Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's not only unsubtle, but the alt-righters are not even able to be original. They are copying Stalinists agitprop lines (AKA ''cosmopolitan bankers'')

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Globalism specifically mean this. Mondialisation is the trend of global exchanges.
    No, if anything it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Trump does something good, proves just how bad he is! Top kek folks.
    This is a fine decision by Trump. On it's merits, nothing bad so far.

What it is though is entirely inconsistent with his foreign policy and his base's paranoid delusions. This thread is less about Trump and more about how this guy represents a big FU to his supporters.

Kind of like Trumpcare, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There is lots amusing about this. I'm glad the choice looks good. I'm also glad it is basically a big "fuck you" to the Trumpkin's anti-globalist (god I hate that word) delusions.
    Trumpettes strike me as the kind of people that laugh along with a joke at their own expense simply because everyone else is laughing, without knowing it's actually lobbed at them.

As in, they'll have absolutely no idea what to make of it. Glorious leader Trump appointed him; therefore he must be the lamb of god. Any reasoning is immaterial.

If you want Trumpettes to care, you need to frame it differently: "Trump caves to NATO, balks on anti-globalist position."

Now that'll cause some wires to start frying.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's a multi-dimensional point.

(2) It's entirely contrary to Trump's stated agenda
    I guess I need to read his agenda again, he wasn't completely against NATO, if they paid their share. He said, the money is rolling in. I can't prove or disprove it, so I'll just take his word for it.

He agenda wasn't anti Gay
    He agenda was never Pro Russia, it was Pro, hopefully we'll be besties with Russia, if not, that's a shame.

Who cares if this is a middle finger to the alt right crazies? You're talking about some fringe group that barely matters. They aren't going to stop loving him because of this, just like the Ctrl-Left isn't suddenly going to love him, in fact, I expect they'll bitch about this decision as well.

It's a multi-dimensional point.

(1) This is probably good for US foreign policy on the balance, which is something that matters.
    (2) It's entirely contrary to Trump's stated agenda
    (3) It is entirely against the agenda of his pathological base, particularly the "globalism" bit, with a side helping of anti-Russia.

There is lots amusing about this. I'm glad the choice looks good. I'm also glad it is basically a big "fuck you" to the Trumpkin's anti-globalist (god I hate that word) delusions.
    I enjoy your posts Skroe, though emotionally charging them with "Hah fuck you Trumpkins" detracts from them. While we're all aware of that group, I largely consider them a vocal minority on the web - and have yet to see data showing otherwise. There are likely many that voted for trump who are happy with him appointing someone appropriate for the job who is not a spineless yes-man that does not challenge his views.

Glad to hear about this news nontheless.

I'm willing to bet most of his supporters don't even know what NATO stands for let alone care about standards for the ambassador. When you're dealing with willful ignorance you can't expect details to make any sort of impact on people.

This is a fine decision by Trump. On it's merits, nothing bad so far.

What it is though is entirely inconsistent with his foreign policy and his base's paranoid delusions. This thread is less about Trump and more about how this guy represents a big FU to his supporters.

Kind of like Trumpcare, actually.
    Keep in mind that Trump is in the midst of scrambling to find ways to distract from the Russia election stuff, and appease parts of the GOP that are getting fed up with his nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I guess I need to read his agenda again, he wasn't completely against NATO, if they paid their share. He said, the money is rolling in. I can't prove or disprove it, so I'll just take his word for it.
    See that's the problem with people supporting Trump. A lot of them do so because they "take his word for it."

"Obama was born in another country"

"Millions of illegal immigrants voted for Hillary"

"We only used 'drain the swamp' because it made people cheer"

"Obama bugged my office"

And so on and so forth.

The man's word aint worth shit.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People understand that the majority of Trump voters voted for his policies and ideas rather then to spite them personally right?

Trump is a pragmatist. He's appointed at least two other people who said bad things about him. If Trump thinks you can do a good job, he'll offer the job to you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Given some of the "replacement" choices, I don't think Trump is actually in charge of picking his appointments anymore.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Spit my coke through my nose you jerk.

What kind of insane logic is this...?
    It's saratasher logic, the kind of logic you have to be high as a kite to understand, he/she will just call you a nazi for not agreeing with him/her.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trump is a pragmatist. He's appointed at least two other people who said bad things about him. If Trump thinks you can do a good job, he'll offer the job to you.
    Don't presidents generally just get a short list, and someone else (like chief of staff) tells the president who to pick?

At least, that's always how I envisioned it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

So he picks a good person for NATO but it is bad because the person shittalked him?

That isn't even an argument.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    So he picks a good person for NATO but it is bad because the person shittalked him?

That isn't even an argument.
    No one's arguing, just pointing out that it's odd and suspicious when Trump does something even half way decent.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

People understand that the majority of Trump voters voted for his policies and ideas rather then to spite them personally right?
    I dunno, the only argument I ever hear is ''LULZ, liburals tears''.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No one's arguing, just pointing out that it's odd and suspicious when Trump does something even half way decent.
    Annndd.. This is exactly as liberal media is. He did something good? Spend 3 seconds on it and move on to something that paints him like Hitler.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spit my coke through my nose you jerk.

What kind of insane logic is this...?
    SarahTasher Logic. I'm surprised you aren't used to it by now.

Ontopic: Even when they do something you would assume people would like, people still make up issues and conspiracies with it.

This is the, "See, I'm not working with the Russians!" pick.