Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else annoyed by the 3rd relic slot quests with the 8h/16h missions?

Honestly, when I ding 110 I just want to play the damn game! (Especially when it's a pvp character)
    I don't want to have to wait days just to unlock my 3rd Artifact relic slot and be able to do some decent damage.

I like doing the class hall quests for the lore, but this is just gating for the sake of gating. At least make it optional?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Honestly, when I ding 110 I just want to play the damn game! (Especially when it's a pvp character)
    I don't want to have to wait days just to unlock my 3rd Artifact relic slot and be able to do some decent damage.

I like doing the class hall quests for the lore, but this is just gating for the sake of gating. At least make it optional?
    You don't have to wait days, you can still go PvP while it is going on. There's no demand that you must reach top expected marks when dinging 110.

I don't mind, they don't take long if you plan it right and they honestly are more a timegate to be sure no rush.

And no, you can't really make it optional when it has a cost price. Unless they told you to caugh up 3000 resources for a quick method.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing stopping you from playing the game with just two relics. Yes you will be lower geared than other people, but gear don't matter much in pvp. Furthermore, you should have your 3rd relic slot by the time you have 34 traits anyway.

The 3rd relic slot quests are a bit annoying at this point, but you can complete basically all of them within like 3 days of hitting max level if you're actually trying.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from playing the game with just two relics. Yes you will be lower geared than other people, but gear don't matter much in pvp. Furthermore, you should have your 3rd relic slot by the time you have 34 traits anyway.
    I was under the impression gear doesn't matter but the Artifact weapon isn't downscaled? Or am I wrong?

I was under the impression gear doesn't matter but the Artifact weapon isn't downscaled? Or am I wrong?
    Artifact traits count as normal apart from the paragon traits, which are disabled. Gear doesn't matter apart from ilevel(so just equip your highest ilevel stuff in instanced PvP), which gives you more stats based on the PvP template. Think it's like 1% per 10 ilevels or something along those lines.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What you (and several others based on what ppl write on these forums) is that this is an MMO. If you want everything instant go play cs go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    What you (and several others based on what ppl write on these forums) is that this is an MMO. If you want everything instant go play cs go.
    I don't want it instant. I actually like all the other quests that are part of the questline and don't mind working my way towards that 3rd relic.

It's the fact that you have to start a mission for 8-16 hours and all you can do is wait for it to end, without being able to do anything about it.

I don't want it instant. I actually like all the other quests that are part of the questline and don't mind working my way towards that 3rd relic.

It's the fact that you have to start a mission for 8-16 hours and all you can do is wait for it to end, without being able to do anything about it.

There is a ton of things you can do meanwhile. Even pvp specific. Queue for bgs for example, make your own 5man premade and stomp bgs. Do skirmish for AP. Pvp world quests.

Deleted
    it's indeed a little frustrating, especially considering they eased the burden on all the other catch up mechanics.

and while there is plenty of other things to do it still feels like this may have been an oversight on their end.

Deleted
    Plan your way out of it. Seriously.

1. Start mission in the evening.
    2. Go to bed.
    3. Go to school/work.
    4. Come back home and finish mission.

Really that simple. 16 hours gone by and you haven't missed a thing.

If you combat all of the challenges with your champion doesn't it go down to 4 hours?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Plan your way out of it. Seriously.

1. Start mission in the evening.
    2. Go to bed.
    3. Go to school/work.
    4. Come back home and finish mission.

Really that simple. 16 hours gone by and you haven't missed a thing.
    True, but I work 50h a week and when I actually manage to play I like to go through as much as once as I can.

Now I have to log in on the road sometimes just to end a mission and start the next one. It's not needed imo to have this gating in place.

Get the app, assuming you have a smartphone. You can keep missions running that way.

With so many apologists still playing this game ready to jump in and defend every stupid decision Blizzard makes it's no wonder the game is what it is now. Whoever looked at the idea with the missions gating the order quest and thought it was good and greenlit it should be sacked.

What is the difference between weapon with only 2 relic slots in use versus all 3?

Do you get like xx % damage increase having that 3rd relic in use or how does it work?
    How does ilevel of weapon contribute to damage (or healing) or does it just raise your overall item level which then does... something?

If I have 35points in weapon with 2 relics, what am I missing not having 3rd relic with 35points?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    What is the difference between weapon with only 2 relic slots in use versus all 3?

Do you get like xx % damage increase having that 3rd relic in use or how does it work?
    How does ilevel of weapon contribute to damage (or healing) or does it just raise your overall item level which then does... something?

If I have 35points in weapon with 2 relics, what am I missing not having 3rd relic with 35points?
    Your weapon is missing like 40+ itemlvl which means you are also missing mainstat (int/str/agi) and for weapon dmg dependent spells its a huge drop in dmg

i am more annoyed by the fact you have to do dungeons to unlock them.

True, but I work 50h a week and when I actually manage to play I like to go through as much as once as I can.

Now I have to log in on the road sometimes just to end a mission and start the next one. It's not needed imo to have this gating in place.
    if you are on the road this should be a non issue. Get the app and you can get them done while traveling. No need to log in on PC. I have 5 110s and travel. I always did them while I was on gen road and cleared them by the time I got home
    "Peace is a lie"

Yeah, it is rather annoying. I remember being gear ilevel 860ish before unlocked relic slot 3 on my DK. Raiding and shit without a third relic and no one noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================