Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Because people like challenging themselves at different levels. For instance, a guild like mine raids for mythic. When a new raid comes out we do normal and heroic in split raids filled with differing amounts of mains and alt characters and clear both difficulties multiple times in the first week because they are not challenging for us. Then when mythic comes out, we immediately go into mythic and begin working on that content that is designed for players like us.

If the game only had normal and heroic, there would be nothing for us. Clearing those difficulties is trivial for us, and we enjoy being challenged.
    But does that really matter? You're like 2% of the population. The hilariously easiness of EN skewed the numbers a little this expansion, and created fake Mythic raiders, but really if Blizzard got rid of Mythic difficulty only 2% of the playerbase would care. Blizzard doesn't even acknowledge the PvE race. Nobody is going to stop playing WoW because 2% of players find the content too easy. Mythic could easily go and those resources could be spent elsewhere. No offense meant to Mythic raiders, it's just hard to justify spending resources on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    But does that really matter? You're like 2% of the population. The hilariously easiness of EN skewed the numbers a little this expansion, and created fake Mythic raiders, but really if Blizzard got rid of Mythic difficulty only 2% of the playerbase would care. Blizzard doesn't even acknowledge the PvE race. Nobody is going to stop playing WoW because 2% of players find the content too easy. Mythic could easily go and those resources could be spent elsewhere. No offense meant to Mythic raiders, it's just hard to justify spending resources on them.
    I'm not entirely sure what the logic is here. Blizzard has said themselves that the creation of difficulties is a tiny itty bitty fraction of the resources spent on content. You would not gain additional content removing difficulties, you would just have massive affects rippling across the game due to the removal of all the more serious players.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Although the more (easy) difficulties they've added the fewer players we've gotten.
    that has nothing todo with difficulties rather with the fact that mmo as gerne is dying
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    that has nothing todo with difficulties rather with the fact that mmo as gerne is dying
    Yes but the fact that we're fewer players should mean that we need fewer difficulties, not more.

This guy most likely hasn't done it; but to be fair you can hit 900ilvl equipped without ever stepping foot in a raid. You can just constantly farm Mythic+ until you slowly raise your ilvl to 900. This form or player progression was implemented for this very reason; so you didn't have to raid and still be able to get good gear. Personally I would never do it because I like raiding and running mythic+ over and over would make my eyes bleed lol.

Yeah, let's go ahead and take away LFR which will exclude a large portion of the player-base. And, then I will laugh maniacally as I see you on here complaining about the population.

P.S. Link your armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yes but the fact that we're fewer players should mean that we need fewer difficulties, not more.
    not really, wow still has a very high number of players and if anythin there should be one more difficulty between heroic and mythic imo
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    do we really need this many threads on the same topic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I've worked my way up to just over 900 iLvl. I mostly do World Quests, LFR and random heroics. I've done a few mythic dungeons and normal raids once or twice. I don't really see the point in doing the same content at higher difficulties. That's a lot of work for the small chance of some minor upgrades.
    Yeah, well, don't do them in that case. That's totally fine. Each of us can choose their own pace and level of participation.

Deleted
    they could easily consolidate normal and heroic, scale it accordingly, maybe even throw 2-4 ulduar style hard modes per tier in there, keep the lfr and mythic concept

I quite like it
    though I would like it even more if LFR had a separate lockout from N/H/M =D
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Since they say flying's runing the game because it's making too easy to navigate the content,
    But well, LFR is runing the game because it's too easy and It give me the sensation that raiding is shit,

So if I want a better experience I will raid Mythic or don't use my flying mount.

Deleted
    This guy most likely hasn't done it; but to be fair you can hit 900ilvl equipped without ever stepping foot in a raid. You can just constantly farm Mythic+ until you slowly raise your ilvl to 900

You just see things differently than some people OP (who would have thought). You see gear as the end others see it as a means to an end. Why do some players like to beat games on the hardest difficulty when its the same thing? People enjoy different things is all.

If you don't want to do it or do it on a higher difficulty than don't. If your guild wants to but you don't maybe you are better of finding a guild that more suits what you want. I don't like pet battles but I don't think they should be removed because I know people who do like them. What would I expect to gain by removing something someone else likes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Whenever I see these threads I think to myself.

If they didn't have these difficulties then what would be the default single difficulty that everyone'd have to do?

Then I think back to how difficult content was before Wrath, WHEN THEY WERE RELEVANT, and I come to the conclusion that it would either be mythic difficulty or perhaps a middle ground between heroic and mythic with it leaning more to the mythic side. In this case people would still be complaining, but instead because they can't get past the half way mark in most raids and probably even dungeons.
    well THIS player base would be complaining. Others, who dislike where WoW headed, might still be playing.

Do we NEED this many difficulties? No. I think we could lose one raid difficulty level (combine Normal and Heroic and perhaps have the wing bosses have an optional hard mode). Likewise, normal 5 mans are run by no one at 110, really.

However, given that we have this many now and that removing one or more would hurt some group of people do we need to remove any? Would it improve the game overall (not feed the egos of some people, but demonstrably improve the game)? I'd say no. I don't think we'd get more 5 mans or more raid content if we dropped a difficulty. I don't think what we get would be better. So given that we are where we are, I don't see any reason to change things.