Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Bannon isn't willing to throw all the cards on the table in case the ship sinks. Just a matter of time.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Not that I don't trust you but could you link to some of those polls, I'm actually interested to see.
    The first relevant hit for me on google:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/u...same.html?_r=0
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The first relevant hit for me on google:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/u...same.html?_r=0
    That is actually quite a bit of people. Especially since they make up the majority that would actually be effected the most by these changes.

Hopefully, they'll be more informed as these changes are being talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Not surprising. In the end villains always turn on each other. Such is the nature of evil.
    Rofl, the hubris here is almost mind numbing.

Many of us said prior to the election that Trump and his coterie were not the sources of nor immune to the backlash from that which they were channeling, both thematically and their base of constituents. This is a much more angry bunch than the Tea Party ever was and it can just as easily turn on him and his administration.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Bannon is "the moderating force in the White House". That's just fucking scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Trump is all-in on Trumpcare.

So are the Deplorables with him on Trumpcare?

Breitbart isn't. /r/The_Donald has gone mute on Trumpcare.

What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post

Many of us said prior to the election that Trump and his coterie were not the sources of nor immune to the backlash from that which they were channeling, both thematically and their base of constituents. This is a much more angry bunch than the Tea Party ever was and it can just as easily turn on him and his administration.
    Hubris?

Trump boasting about repealing ACA and replacing it with a magic unicorn plan that's FANTASTIC, and will cover everyone, that will be the cheapest, greatest, bestest healthcare ever is hubris.

Bullshitter sold his supporters the most obvious con in the world and you all bought it.

Jokes on you.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-03-10 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump is all-in on Trumpcare.

So are the Deplorables with him on Trumpcare?

Breitbart isn't. /r/The_Donald has gone mute on Trumpcare.

What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hubris?

Trump boasting about repealing ACA and replacing it with a magic unicorn plan that's FANTASTIC, and will cover everyone, that will be the cheapest, greatest, bestest healthcare ever is hubris.

Bullshitter sold his supporters the most obvious con in the world and you all bought it.

Jokes on you.
    I didn't vote for the guy so the joke definitely isn't on me. I haven't had health insurance in forever, even though I can afford it. Joke definitely isn't on me.

Hubris was directed towards the evil comment, which saying it's hubris is accurate though I could expand on it to call it delusional as well.

But hey, keep spewing the bitter bile, it's really getting you places.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    At the time, the ACA was branded Obamacare as a connotation that it was a big government, nanny state plan. But the Democratic party and the public ended up embracing the name and now it's purely referential.
    Not even sure what you mean. Obamacare was a pejorative term that successfully confused people.

Oh and I told you so:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-repeal-235831

White House: Don’t call it Trumpcare

Critics are hijacking the branding process for the GOP health plan as the White House resists slapping the president’s name on it.
    It's not a rift, when their helping the administration's branding of the bill in their faux betrayal.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

kek actually taking anything salon says as fact

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post

Not interested in any bullshit about them until and unless they turn on him with knives in hand and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    White House: Don’t call it Trumpcare
    Well, that settles it. I'm only calling it Trumpcare from now on. They can have a taste of their own medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Well, that settles it. I'm only calling it Trumpcare from now on. They can have a taste of their own medicine.
    Yeah, I saw a clip of Colbert last night talking about. He is now calling it Trumpcare and made the same points I did earlier, but much better and funnier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Bannon is "the moderating force in the White House". That's just fucking scary.
    He isn't. Ivanka and Jared Kushner are.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Breitbart is true to their core beliefs unlike the fanboys we see at CNN, NY Times and Fox News. If Trump backs away from his conservative promises, journalists should hold him accountable. Unlike CNN that gushes all over Obama and the Clintons and Fox over anyone on the right, Breitbart is actually taking their own guy to task for not living up to his promises.

You should applaud this!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Lemposs, I completely agree with you. Trump supporters wanted a full repeal of Obamacare, not a watered down version thus thus the Obamacare 2.0 moniker
    Those Trump supporters were dumb to expect that. It would flat out kill the republican party's chance at getting re-elected in the future if they repealed Obamacare fully. You see because most voters like things such as non denial for pre existing conditions and kids staying on their parents plan until they're 26. That's why Paul Ryan and others are doing things this way. They have to govern with the future in mind. Andrew Klavan spoke about this on his Daily Wire podcast recently and made a lot of sense.

Also I love that the OPs story comes from salon.com. What a bastion for quality unbiased news! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Not interested in any bullshit about them until and unless they turn on him with knives in hand and use them.
    No guarantees on that of course, we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Those Trump supporters were dumb to expect that. It would flat out kill the republican party's chance at getting re-elected in the future if they repealed Obamacare fully. You see because most voters like things such as non denial for pre existing conditions and kids staying on their parents plan until they're 26. That's why Paul Ryan and others are doing things this way. They have to govern with the future in mind. Andrew Klavan spoke about this on his Daily Wire podcast recently and made a lot of sense.

Also I love that the OPs story comes from salon.com. What a bastion for quality unbiased news! /s
    Well, no... this bill explicitly wants you to ignore the future. The 5x cost for seniors, isn't there for those thinking about paying it when they get old.

The issue isn't even about staying on plans until 26 or preexisting conditions. That's not what the argument is about. The issue is largely that a deductible that increases benefits as your earnings rise, is still being seen as government spending. It's the elderly lobby and fiscal conservatives that are causing an inter-party conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    Sounds like Bannon isn't willing to throw all the cards on the table in case the ship sinks. Just a matter of time.
    All what cards? He will never need to work another day in his life. He has millions from his Seinfeld rights.