Convergence of Fates vs Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish

Hey Guys,

Right now on my fury warrior I'm currently running a 905 DoS with a socket and Kil'Jaedan's Burning Wish.

I still have yet to actually get Convergence of Fates but I'm wondering if CoF or KBW is better. If I had to guess I'd say KBW is better on fights where there's constant adds/multiple targets like Skorpyron, Spellblade, Botanist, etc... But on single target/mostly single target fights I'm thinking that CoF might be better because from what I've seen it can usually get you two uses of BC during execute phase which would be huge.

If anyone has both CoF and KBW and has tested out both for dps could you let me know you thoughts?

Thanks

Hmmm...have you ever considered both?

Or do you just love 1 trinket? Cause, if you team those 2 up, then might as well solo KJ Mythic RIGHT NOW!

Equipping both would be a significant DPS loss, imo, since I would have to unequip my DoS which just does an absurd amount of damage.

I'm in the same boat I have all 3 trinkets. I still think CoF/DoS is the way to go cause that allows you to equip angryhat/cloak which are bis. KJ is a nice stat stick and it does an obscene amount of damage on add heavy fights. I kind of wish I never got the trinket so I don't have to deal with the decision lol. Ideally Id equip DoS+KJl; but the CD on BC is just too good too. Decisions suck sometimes

Deleted
    For me at least the KJBW is about ~10-15k DPS loss on single target, but I equip it for fights like Gul'dan and Anomaly where there are multiple adds that need to die quickly and the spawn timers roughly line up with it's cooldown. I don't have the good legendaries for Fury though, and if you have to swap out the ring, head or cloak for it I don't know if it'd be worth it even if you could hit multiple targets with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    Equipping both would be a significant DPS loss, imo, since I would have to unequip my DoS which just does an absurd amount of damage.
    Well, shit....uhhh

ASK BLIZZ TO MAKE A THIRD ONE!

idk...

Deleted
    It isnt as good as it looks like in skada. Its BiS, but not by a large margin.
    I unequip DoS on most cleave fights in NH and get really good results. (dont have KJ but arcanocrystal instead)

CoF procs scale with haste, so you want to wear it whenever you can use warmachine.

I feel as if you already answered your question in your first post.

I have actually Helm,WW Belt,Boots and trinket, and was wondering the same as you but in every simulation i did using KJ burning wish was a DPS loss against CoF&DoS, even for ST Helm and WW Belt was a better option than KJ Burning wish & DoS, its sad but at least for now it doesent worth to use (at least for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    It isnt as good as it looks like in skada. Its BiS, but not by a large margin.
    I unequip DoS on most cleave fights in NH and get really good results. (dont have KJ but arcanocrystal instead)

CoF procs scale with haste, so you want to wear it whenever you can use warmachine.
    You should never be unequipping DOS.

you dont have COF why worry about it?

the problem with Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish is that it doesnt scale and already auto crits, also it takes up a legendery slot...

COF is better if it isnt like 860 or something and you got BIS legs

It depends on your other legendaries. If KJ is your best or second best legendary option, use it, otherwise it isn't worth a trinket slot, with the possible exception of adds that it will vaporise within a GCD (that's feelscrafting but it is a lot of damage in 1 GCD).

Deleted
    It all depends on your setup(this is why you must sim). Basicly - don't swap it out yet, if its a pinnacle for your stats.

KJ is good because of stats first of all and it helps lot when you need to soft cap. If you already capped and if you already have nice legendaries such as the UH Ring, bracers, belt etc. then it becomes the 3rd choice(esp. when you have to count in human misakes, as KJ is on use and you might not have the perfect 100% uptime line up everytime).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-03-14 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    You should never be unequipping DOS.
    My orange parses saying you are wrong.

On heavy cleave fights you want to fill your battle cry gcds with whirlwind. Also DoS causes you to delay your cds every other time.
    Also DoS is useless on botanist mythic cuz it spreads on all 3 targets. (might be useful for last phase only)
    Last edited by mmoc6602f7c68d; 2017-03-14 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    My orange parses saying you are wrong.
    Link em nerd

Deleted
    its obvious that trinkets like terrorbound nexus or windscar whetstone stronger than dos in heavy cleave fights

I just got Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish and it seems its dmg is not affected by our mastery? is it normal cos I am sure DoS deal more dmg when enraged.

Deleted
    Yes, it's normal. It only seems to scale from unrivaled strength(critical damage bonus while BC active) artifact trait.

Hey Guys,

Right now on my fury warrior I'm currently running a 905 DoS with a socket and Kil'Jaedan's Burning Wish.

I still have yet to actually get Convergence of Fates but I'm wondering if CoF or KBW is better. If I had to guess I'd say KBW is better on fights where there's constant adds/multiple targets like Skorpyron, Spellblade, Botanist, etc... But on single target/mostly single target fights I'm thinking that CoF might be better because from what I've seen it can usually get you two uses of BC during execute phase which would be huge.

If anyone has both CoF and KBW and has tested out both for dps could you let me know you thoughts?

Thanks
    It's almost like there's a guide for this at the top of the forums or something!

KJ is very slightly better than CoF (and worse than Draught), but the key difference is that it takes up one of your two legendary allotments. Unless it happens to be one of your only two legendaries, it's just about always going to be better to use Draught + CoF and a different legendary instead of KJ.

Regarding all the other random comments in the thread, Draught isn't very good on multi-target, but there's still a lot of room to use it effectively, and the fact that it adds a lot of boss damage (thereby ending the fight quicker) shouldn't be discounted. It's still probably the best trinket for ChronAnom, Trilliax, Krosus, Tichondrius, Augur, Elisande, and Gul'dan.

Skorpyon, Spellblade and Botanist are the outliers, however if your group really wanted to enable you, it could be used quite effectively - during Skorps expose phase, while Spellblade's Fel Soul is away, and by splitting up Botanist (it's also easily the best trinket for pushing Botanist's last phase, which is really the only difficult part of the fight on Mythic). It should also be noted, that KJ isn't particularly great on any of those fights to begin with either, excepting maybe against a pile of Skorpyon adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Link em nerd
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...665003/latest/

Also what Archi says is correct. My point is only to get the most deepz with add padding, where unequipping DoS in some cases might help.
    Last edited by mmoc6602f7c68d; 2017-03-15 at 01:05 PM.