Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Are you saying that the trick to good integration is to force people to send a 1000 euro to foreign governments?
    Or better: Force them into Turkish military service, that way they will come back as good Dutch citizens.
    Again, not a solution but more useless moralist lefty waffle. I ask again; What would you do to solve this? Do you even recognise these turks gathering in a nationalistic sense at their masters call as a problem?

Mys uggestion would be to arrange in a european setting (and im sure the americans would be pokey'd for this) that double nationalities are no longer possible, because it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Again, not a solution but more useless moralist lefty waffle. I ask again; What would you do to solve this? Do you even recognise these turks gathering in a nationalistic sense at their masters call as a problem?

Mys uggestion would be to arrange in a european setting (and im sure the americans would be pokey'd for this) that double nationalities are no longer possible, because it isn't.
    The problem is that we still cannot stop Turkey from giving Turkish nationalities to new borns.
    I might work with new immigrants, but the age of Turks and Moroccans immigrating here are long over.

So all the Erdogan supporters decided to go on the streets waving their Turkish flags:

The kid must be wondering wtf she's doing:

The police arrived atleast:

I feel so sorry for all the turkish people from the netherlands/germany/austria that aren't completely retarded (according to polls, 40-50%?). I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The entire concept of dual citizenship is a testament to multiculturalism vs integration. If you want to integrate immigrants, you don't make it easy for them to keep ties to their homeland; you make it hard. Don't offer dual citizenship.
    It would be immensely stupid to not allow for dual citizenship and downright antagonistic towards people who have immigrated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    It would be immensely stupid to not allow for dual citizenship and downright antagonistic towards people who have immigrated.
    Why? You can move somewhere without taking that nationality... .. I think? If you want to be a turk, be a turk.. want to be dutch.. be dutch. Your nationality should be like being on fire or not. You're either on fire, or you're not. You can warm up to things, but that doesn't mean you're on fire.
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2017-03-11 at 10:17 PM.

Why? You can move somewhere without taking that nationality... .. I think?
    Because people who don't have citizenship could risk facing deportation whereas citizens can't.

Deleted
    Because people who don't have citizenship could risk facing deportation whereas citizens can't.
    sounds like an excellent reason to change your nationality, and to leave your old nationality. Or trust that the country you moved to isn't entirely batshitcrazy to deport a contributing member of society

sounds like an excellent reason to change your nationality, and to leave your old nationality. Or trust that the country you moved to isn't entirely batshitcrazy to deport a contributing member of society
    No, it sounds like an excellent reason to allow for multiple citizenship for your citizens, meaning you can't get fucked over. Do you want countries to be like Taiwan where people risk ending up stateless due to their nationality laws?

I can't see info about it anywhere on dutch tv channels. I have to watch a Belgian network to see it, abit weird...

If they like Turkey so much why don't they just move back there?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only if the citizenship matches the country; otherwise it's useless. Best known exception: EU. Nobody deports EU citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they like Turkey so much why don't they just move back there?
    Maybe they like the country they've moved to more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Only if the citizenship matches the country; otherwise it's useless. Best known exception: EU. Nobody deports EU citizens.
    Nobody deports EU citizens? Really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly these people belong in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    I can't see info about it anywhere on dutch tv channels. I have to watch a Belgian network to see it, abit weird...
    For some reason the Dutch channels are not airing anything the whole day. Everything is being followed on social media.

Maybe they like the country they've moved to more?
    They seem to be out waving Turkish flags in favor of a dictator in Turkey. Seems they prefer Turkey.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Nobody deports EU citizens? Really?
    you are very safe within EU unless you are criminal or a burden. i could move even to Switzerland (part of Schengen area, but not EU) tomorrow and live there as long as i dont leech on their hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    you are very safe within EU unless you are criminal or a burden. i could move even to Switzerland (part of Schengen area, but not EU) tomorrow and live there as long as i dont leech on their hospitality.
    You shouldn't be deported for a crime unless it's serious enough to actually warrant it, such as murder, rape or robbery. In many countries you can get fucked over for the most minor of crimes if you're not a citizen.

Deleted
    update: swat units gearing up near the turkish consulate (with the turkish ministers' convoy still being somewhere in that area)
    source: http://nos.nl/liveblog/2162510-turks...ainer-11242474

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw a few of them on Central Station I really feel sorry for the hard working turks who dont engage in that retardation.