Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I don't see how this is Trion's fault. You forgot the answers to your questions and blame the company?
    Yes I blame them for having security questions in the first place since it's not needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I have to agree with this. Don't blame the company because you couldn't remember your security questions. I keep mine written down in a book that is stored in a lockbox.
    They are the ones to blame and I took my money elsewhere so it was their loss too.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    They are the one to blame and I took my money elsewhere so it was their loss too.
    You forgetting your Security Questions puts you are fault not them. If you go to Wal-Mart and buy the wrong milk that isn't Wal-Mart's fault its yours.

The same apply's to Trion and ur accounts Security Questions. Ill burn Trion at the cross for many things, But this is all you champ.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You forgetting your Security Questions puts you are fault not them. If you go to Wal-Mart and buy the wrong milk that isn't Wal-Mart's fault its yours.

The same apply's to Trion and ur accounts Security Questions. Ill burn Trion at the cross for many things, But this is all you champ.
    It's Trion's fault for having security questions in the first place, I never wanted that shit.

It's Trion's fault for having security questions in the first place, I never wanted that shit.
    Welcome to the internet, You must be new here.

I assume your like 12 years old, Since you don't understand why a account that is tied to using RL $$$ and info has security questions.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not really. Your fault for not remembering them. It's a standard security feature that a lot of online games incorporate.

Welcome to the internet, You must be new here.

I assume your like 12 years old, Since you don't understand why a account that is tied to using RL $$$ and info has security questions.
    I'm actually nine and a half and F U C K Trion.

I'm actually nine and a half and F U C K Trion.
    Ya just going to report this for what it is.
    @Edge-

Not really. Your fault for not remembering them. It's a standard security feature that a lot of online games incorporate.
    Don't have that shit in WoW and WoW rules and Rift is soon ancient history.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya just going to report this for what it is.
    @Edge-
    Report away and make yourself happy.

Yes wow/Bnet does have that.....

- - - Updated - - -

Report away and make yourself happy.
    Uhm there are security questions for Battle.net. I have had to answer them in the past. It's a common security protocol among many online services. Amazon, Battle.net, Ebay, Ebuyer, Glyph. Hell even a few F1 fansites I frequent have the system. It's a common system to prevent fraud and theft and has proven it's usefulness.

I'm all for criticizing Rift and Trion here where it's due but not remembering your security questions is on you. Not the company.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-22 at 03:55 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then why did you agree to it when you made your account? If you didn't want security questions, you could have chosen not to make the account then you wouldn't need to remember anything. You not remembering is on you, not them. And this is coming from someone who can't stand TRION's terrible business model or practices.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then why did you agree to it when you made your account? If you didn't want security questions, you could have chosen not to make the account then you wouldn't need to remember anything. You not remembering is on you, not them. And this is coming from someone who can't stand TRION's terrible business model or practices.
    Well it worked out anyway since I later choose to not play anymore Rift or whatever other games they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm there are security questions for Battle.net. I have had to answer them in the past. It's a common security protocol among many online services. Amazon, Battle.net, Ebay, Ebuyer, Glyph. Hell even a few F1 fansites I frequent have the system. It's a common system to prevent fraud and theft and has proven it's usefulness.

I'm all for criticizing Rift and Trion here where it's due but not remembering your security questions is on you. Not the company.
    Nope, nope and nope it's only Trion that has given me trouble with these stupid security questions.

Well it worked out anyway since I later choose to not play anymore Rift or whatever other games they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, nope and nope it's only Trion that has given me trouble with these stupid security questions.
    Uhm no. You did not remember your security questions. That is on you for picking them. It's a common feature of other systems. Go check other online services and I guarantee you they have security systems put in place for it or codes they send to your Email like Steam does when you log in from a new pc.

Again I'm all for criticizing them but this is on you. Not them. This is grasping at straws at best. If you are just going to keep continuing then I see no point in continuing to converse with you since it seems here you just want to stir the pot.

Uhm no. You did not remember your security questions. That is on you for picking them. It's a common feature of other systems. Go check other online services and I guarantee you they have security systems put in place for it or codes they send to your Email like Steam does when you log in from a new pc.

Again I'm all for criticizing them but this is on you. Not them.
    No it's on them for creating the stupid security questions in the first place.

You mean questions that nearly every other online service has to prevent fraud/theft measures? When I open a ticket to Blizzard depending on the severity measure they ask for my secret question. Especially if it's a payment/CC issue.

Do you use Steam or Origin? They also have security questions as well...

I get hating Trion, Trust me I do. But this is all on you champ, doesn't matter if it was Trion or any other company.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the same system that EVERY online service has.....

You mean questions that nearly every other online service has to prevent fraud/theft measures? When I open a ticket to Blizzard depending on the severity measure they ask for my secret question. Especially if it's a payment/CC issue.
    I really don't care about internet idiots trying to be right.

The irony in this post is something special....

I'm not trying. It's a fact that online services use security questions as a fraud/theft prevention system. Or other alternatives such as Email codes.

It seems you don't want to accept blame for this and just want to stir the pot so I see no point in continuing with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left Rift, loooong ago, don't really regret it. Just went stale too fast for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..