Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not that I am aware of.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l+media+bubble

First result. You need to use the search bar.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    There still is a liberal bubble. There's a conservative bubble too.
    Yeah, though I would say the "liberal" bubble is more of a contemporary leftist bubble.

A liberal by the traditional definition should be pro-liberty, pro-free expression, anti-silencing tactics.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-03-25 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Someone did. I think, anyway. That's basically fine though!
    "Damn those librul echo-chambers! My echo chamber is great, though!"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-Media-Bubble

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

The question was if I had posted such an article. Apologies, it wasn't me that posted this article. I guess someone else did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

It was a different Trumper apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Damn those librul echo-chambers! My echo chamber is great, though!"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-Media-Bubble
    I live in a liberal echo chamber and it's a great place to live! Given my own heterodox inclinations though, it turns the echo in the chamber a bit discordant at times

10+ Year Old Account
    There was an earlier thread; while it's been quiet, I'm going to merge the two to keep discussion together; there's no overlap in posting.

Edit: It's now merged; you'll notice a few pages of new content at the beginning, which is the older thread's content. By merging, we don't have to disrupt discussion by locking and redirecting. I've left a note at the merge point to clarify.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-25 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Media is clickbait.
    Their only concern is to get as many people as possible to view their ads.
    They have filler between the ads to draw/keep your attention, this is what people mistake for credible/objective news.

If there's a perceived political bias it's because advertising to that specific group carries more profit.
    News is just another industry, nothing magical or special about it.

Anyone who thinks there's some big liberal conspiracy is an imbecile.
    MSM caters to one thing.

$$$$$$$$$$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    MSM caters to one thing.

$$$$$$$$$$$
    Whatever puts butts in seats. Usually this is scandals and sex. Emails and pussies were all the rage this election. To argur the media had a left bias is a sick joke. When was the last time you had a marxist on tv?

Bubbles burst, but till Trump stops being the twitter troll in chief their reporting of it ain't going anywhere. Cause apparently such car crash tv is what people want to watch, and as the news want ratings that means bringing people what they want. More Trump Trumping all over Trumpington.
    Obviously each individual newsgroup has it's own bias, just like everyone else who has recorded history before them. Some rabid left, right, center, swinging off the ceiling tossing "news" at anyone gullible enough to stick around.
    Most though are not so obvious in their bias, trying to give facts where possible. Or at least when they speculate at the possibilities to have people representing parties to speak for themselves. Speculation is a big part of the modern news era, as it's not just writing about who did what where but also pondering what it could mean for the reader and that is the most subjective part where bias will inevitably take precedence over 'good' journalism. But as people want to watch the news to also get not just what happened but what to think about that, speculative pondering will be part of private news media.

There are things about Bush I liked, his African policies and diplomatic work for example, there are things I don't, like Iraq I understand it but it was still a blunder in my view. Obama has a similar resumé of things I could get behind or leave at home, letting Bush's work in certain African countries slide into chaos being a blunder. I also liked both of them as people, even with their faults easily discernible. Trump though, haven't seen a policy I could get behind, and he certainly hasn't shown any qualities as a person I could find appealing. No media had to spin his words nor his actions, for he made those decisions all on his own. Oddly though I find if the media held back a bit and didn't report every stupid thing he's done each day, it might actually allow the American people to truly see what Trump is rather than desensitizing them to his rather irksome brand of Trumpishness. This bit more cause I find it helps to show my own bias against Trump isn't cause he's a Republican and would likely hold true if he had ran on a Democrat ticket cause his faults would remain even if I'd have giggled had he tried cause those campaign slogans of his don't exactly align with the notion of modern democrats.

So in summary, there are groups of biased media, plenty of groups that try to keep it as unbiased as possible, and I liked Bush and Obama and find Trump rather irksome as a politician and a person. I'll change my mind once he pays up the cash, worth a shot.. also a joke till he actually tries it.. then it's awkward.

Indeed, if you ever watch Real Time with Bill Maher, he points the finger directly at this bubble, himself included as being partially responsible for the rise of Trump.

He criticises the level to which his and other liberal media attacked sensible Republican candidates as being idiots etc.

He also attacks the liberal PC movement as well and their aim to clam down on free speech - also something that helped Trump get in via a counter reaction.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.