WA2 - Delayed triggers

Is it possible to trigger Aura B (x) seconds after Aura A is trigger? The context here would be trying to recreate the strike timings of a rogue's Nightblade animation. This would help me tremendously if anyone has any input.

The opening animation has 3 strikes which doesn't actually do any damage but applies a dot that does, so I can't set it to trigger from that.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2017-03-12 at 09:18 PM.

It should be possible, from auras triggering another aura and/or C_Timer.After

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    The opening animation has 3 strikes which doesn't actually do any damage but applies a dot that does, so I can't set it to trigger from that.
    I don't understand this part since I don't have a rogue,
    but can't you just use SPELL AURA APPLIED / REMOVED for the dot's spell ID (195452 ?) w/ Source Unit: Target

Chaining auras seems to make stuff overly complicated
    Last edited by Ketho; 2017-03-13 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks to your hint, I figured it out. If anyone else was curious, this is how I set it up:

Aura 1
    - set it up like normal, for example, a CAST SUCCESS trigger and under the Actions tab under the On Show section, click the custom function and use this:
    Code:
    C_Timer.After(X, function() WeakAuras.ScanEvents("YOUREVENTNAME") end)
    X being time in seconds before it signals your custom event used to trigger Aura 2.

Aura 2
    - Use a custom trigger, with event type= event, and Event(s) = YOUREVENTNAME
    - In the Custom trigger section use:
    Code:
    function()
    return true
    end
    Remember to adjust Duration(s) for the approximate animation time of your model.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2017-03-16 at 07:53 PM.

Posting to save this for later! Thanks for sharing!

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I just tried to use this code again today, but the timer seems to not have any effect anymore. Can anyone else confirm or refute this for me?