Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    In your case you don't need a passport since we make exceptions for political refugees.
    Just be careful, this is earthquake territory.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I still find it hard that DENK really got 3 seats, standard conservatives are terrible enough, but turkish ones?

...shudder

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Just be careful, this is earthquake territory.
    No1 is complaining about it there, they're all happy there's atleast some activity.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I still find it hard that DENK really got 3 seats, standard conservatives are terrible enough, but turkish ones?

...shudder
    We have 400k turks in the Netherlands, it was to expected.
    I even think they lost some to GL/VVD after cancelling last debate, they might have had 1 maybe 2 more otherwise.

Not to scared of them I mean.. 3 seats.

- - - Updated - - -

No1 is complaining about it there, they're all happy there's atleast some activity.
    Being in the middle of it, not so sure
    My DK

...shudder
    And Thierry Baudet got 2 seats. Extremists popping up everywhere.

Did you read this: https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2017/03/16...15174-a1550730 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just turned the CV out for yeh
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

And Thierry Baudet got 2 seats. Extremists popping up everywhere.

Did you read this: https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2017/03/16...15174-a1550730 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just turned the CV out for yeh
    For me it doesn't matter I have no intention of staying where I am, and I rent (my landlord is good at fixing earthquake damage) but I've seen some really sad situations around of people that bought years ago and now have an unstable house. I mean I know it's no big news (even though it got a little attention these elections) but grab a seismograph and go spend a year up here. It's upwards of 200/year...

As for Thierry, you know - I think I rather have alt-right splintered amongst many insignificant parties, then consolidated in one big one
    My DK

For me it doesn't matter I have no intention of staying where I am, and I rent (my landlord is good at fixing earthquake damage) but I've seen some really sad situations around of people that bought years ago and now have an unstable house. I mean I know it's no big news (even though it got a little attention these elections) but grab a seismograph and go spend a year up here. It's upwards of 200/year...
    It got too little attention, but at least it was more than ever. I personally voted "Green" this election i hope it helps.

As for Thierry, you know - I think I rather have alt-right splintered amongst many insignificant parties, then consolidated in one big one
    Totaly agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    SP and VVD are very far apart on the economic side tho.
    CU seems to be the most likely option, since its a conservative party.
    True, but if I was Rutte I would try to get as solid a coalition as possible with as many seats as possible in order to make sure that losing a single seat is not going to potentially destabilize my government. Not to mention his statements regarding the largest winners needing to be included etc....but hey, I'm still waiting on my €1000,00 as well . As stable as CU, D66 and CDA are I wouldn't want to risk it, in addition I personally don't want CU anywhere near the government as I think religious parties shouldn't be in parliament at all, but it is what it is. Nor should DENK and other 1-issue parties be in.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2017-03-17 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    So you're allowed to have a chuckle at a stereotype and I'm not?

At least I know now that you're a hypocrite. Or does it only apply to fellow Dutchmen?

lol
    Who is making assumptions now?
    I'm not having a chuckle at anything, i really love things like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    I might have a high education level, but though I work hard I'm still not making a lot of money. And I live in a neighborhood known for its high percentage of immigrants and those with immigrant parents. That means I see them every day. The neighborhood has problems. Many of the buildings are in absolute disrepair, owing to housing corporations abusing their position of power against groups with very limited political power.
    Local initiatives by (again immigrant) 'buurtvaders' try to make the neighborhood a better place (with some success, such as far fewer problems over new year's eve compared to previous years).

These people are left behind by politicians, they are left behind by schools, and 1/5th of the population votes on a party that basically wants to revoke their rights as citizens.

I also have two friends who fled successive wars in the Middle East. Both are some of the most committed people to creating an inclusive society that I know. One of them is a muslim, the other no longer is. They're both pro gay rights, pro feminism and pro democracy. I've seen them 'handed things', tiny places to live in villages that are empty, and only after their entire lives were uprooted and they lost absolutely everything and everyone. One has worked his way up from there, usually holding multiple jobs far below his education level, and the other who only got here recently is studying Dutch and trying to increase his chances.

The right-wing fringe party you seem to be talking about meanwhile tries to put citizen against citizen, promoting fear of the other at every turn. And the rest of right-wing politics wants to further hollow out the welfare state, making things worse _exactly_ for these low educated people you accuse Mystrome of belittling.

So yes, I see 'low educated' and 'immigrants' every day and I usually vote for D66 or GL EXACTLY for that reason, since those parties want to make our society a better place for those two segments of our society.

It's a little rich to see you accusing Mystrom of belittling people for 'not being as fortunate as others' while supporting parties that actively try to take rights away from the less fortunate.
    If you would have read my posts then you would have known that i do not support parties that try to take rights away from the less fortunate, i do not support Wilders or Rutte or Kuzu or Baudet in any way. My issue is that the people who vote for the extreme cases like Wilders and Kuzu need to be paid attention to, hear their concerns and offer them a good alternative. And not go like "lol people are dumb". for having a different opinion. And i know very well that the PVV will always have a seat in the TK but 20 is way too much, and most of them aren't because people are either dumb or racist.

We have 400k turks in the Netherlands, it was to expected.
    I even think they lost some to GL/VVD after cancelling last debate, they might have had 1 maybe 2 more otherwise.

Not to scared of them I mean.. 3 seats.

- - - Updated - - -

...shudder

It's not even about the turks and Moroccans that voted for them now is it. Usually and historically we (turkish background here) voted for the PVDA because they are the ''party of the working class'' but just like everybody else we had enough of them, so a large group of minorities voted probably for Denk, SP and D66.

The PVDA was afraid to be called the ''partij van de allochtonen'' (foreigners party) and that's what's destroyed them. Their should be no distinction between fighting for ''workers'' and people that immigrated here and have been working for all of their lives.

Deleted
    Holy shit, the alt-right must really really love Oeteldonk then. Might as well name it their capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Why do people say anti-immigrant when it's racism we're talking about?
    Its not i dont like their skin color, because i dont give afuck on the color of the skin as long as the person behaves like a human. I don't like their religion and how they behave. Its not racism, its xenophobia if anything. People really need to pay more atention to what are they learning in the schools, because You guys are confiusing concepts. In the end Wilders lost, so lefts should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    In the end Wilders lost, so lefts should be happy.
    Left AND Right are very happy with Wilders' loss, but we're all ashamed a sleazy politician like him is getting so much international attention. It's bad publicity for our great country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Holy shit, the alt-right must really really love Oeteldonk then. Might as well name it their capital.
    Rumors say Trump will make a state visit to Oeteldonk to meat HRH Prins Amadeiro after the G20 summit in july.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Maybe you should actually spend some time with muslims and you'll find out they're just like anyone else in society.
    Yes because in sjw logic : Your college muslim friends raised in a western country are the same thing with people born and indoctrinated in medieval islamic practices that spawn things like ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Yes because in sjw logic : Your college muslim friends raised in a western country are the same thing with people born and indoctrinated in medieval islamic practices that spawn things like ISIS.
    Some are raised in a western country, some are thai muslims, some are malay muslims, some are indonesian muslims.

Deleted

Rumors say Trump will make a state visit to Oeteldonk to meat HRH Prins Amadeiro after the G20 summit in july.
    It's gonna be great!

Objection, generalization!

Medieval islamic practices = salafists.
    While salafists are muslims, not all muslims are salafists.
    It would be saying all christians are stuck at medieval christian practices because of a few like the amish/westboro baptist church and so on.

There is only one country in the world (not counting that failed country called ISIS) where Salafists actually wield "some" power, and that is Saudi Arabia. Due to an agreement between the Sauds and the Salafists back before Saudi Arabia was an actual country - they gave the Salafists power over education, laws and religion. But unlike many want to believe, they are not tied to the Saud family, and if it was up to them, they'd kick them all out. But you go kick out those you gave power over education - it's akin to (political) suicide.

It's okay to be against Salafists - they are stuck in medieval times. Actually a little before that, 10th century - where a certain guy (Imam Al-Ghazali) said "the manipulation of numbers is the work of the devil" - a fact still obvious today - look at the total amount of math related scientists brought forth by the islamic world after that year, they are almost non existant. One of the biggest crimes against humanity I might add

This goes for everyone who likes to bash islam - research islam a little bit more, educate yourself on the matter before making silly assumptions
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-17 at 12:35 PM.
    My DK

I heard all Christians in the US are like WBC.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Had a girl in my class at university who kept insisting what a great religion Islam is.

Of course that was way before 9/11. And of course all she knew was Egypt where she had lived with her parents. Given the large expat community that always existed in Egypt and the fact that it was always rather secular for an Arab country, I can see where she came from.

But I'm tempted on occasion to look her up and ask how she feels now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I heard all Christians in the US are like WBC.
    Well most of them got the judgmental part (despite judging others being a sin) down to an art.

In general moderates will never speak about religion all that much since it's part of their life but not their whole life, once it takes up and dictates your way of thinking you are no longer part of the moderate crowd.