Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Source please because the information I have seen including that of the CBO contradict this. The Bush tax cuts cost trillions in lost revenue.
    Indeed

"Tax cuts thus almost never pay for themselves in full."

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brief...pay-themselves

For a tax revenue to remain neutral with a tax cut, the economy has to increase in size at a commensurate rate... And that just doesn't fucking happen, the economy does not grow that fast.

Not to mention that getting back to the same revenue doesn't even help at that point because federal outlays increase as the economy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    romney care is obamacare. there really is not anything majorly different.
    Actually, Obamacare would be romneycare (since Romneycare came first).

There are so many differences, I don't even know where to start.......

I will just give you one:

In Romneycare, it is impossible to not have coverage (everyone really is covered) in Obamacare, you can opt out and pay a fee/fine at tax time. To enforce this, Obama had to hire a ton of new IRS agents (and who doesn't want more of those....), adding to the cost tremendously.

When Romneycare was introduced, you actually did get to keep your current plan and most people's costs went down. This is actually where Obama got his "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" lie..... problem was, Obamacare was not designed as well as Romneycare- so many did lose there doctors and the cost went up for many......

Obamacare is actually in the process of failing. Many companies are leaving it and some are going broke over it. Romneycare actually has a track record of over 20+ years with nothing like that happening.

Seems Obama couldn't even copy a good health care plan........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

In Romneycare, it is impossible to not have coverage (everyone really is covered) in Obamacare, you can opt out and pay a fee/fine at tax time. To enforce this, Obama had to hire a ton of new IRS agents (and who doesn't want more of those....), adding to the cost tremendously.

When Romneycare was introduced, you actually did get to keep your current plan and most people's costs went down. This is actually where Obama got his "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" lie..... problem was, Obamacare was not designed as well as Romneycare- so many did lose there doctors and the cost went up for many......

Obamacare is actually in the process of failing. Many companies are leaving it and some are going broke over it. Romneycare actually has a track record of over 20+ years with nothing like that happening.

maybe it's because the republicans gutted it because they were mad obama got elected and cared more about being grandstanding children than doing something useful.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't the koch brothers also reject this plan? i would have thought that they would love it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    They want to go back to previous ACA and have 30 million or more without insurance.
    so they want no insurance at all?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    maybe it's because the republicans gutted it because they were mad obama got elected and cared more about being grandstanding children than doing something useful.
    Just like the Dems are doing now.... I even heard they were threatening to shut down the government (sound familiar?). It all goes to prove my point that the Dems and Pubs are both the same...... They just trick people into thinking they are different, then they make you go fight amongst yourselves (they divide people- a real leader would unite) while they make off with the money and power.

It is the oldest trick in the book and people are still falling for it...... hook... line and sinker....

That's why I'm independent.... Just look at these people, you can practically see the corruption rolling off them in waves.

You can't blame Obamacare on the Pubs though. The Dems rushed that through, many of them didn't even read it. Remember Pelosi "We have to pass it to know what's in it." Obama also admitted he didn't actually read it. A bill with his own name on it and he didn't even read it........ fancy that!

How irresponsible is it to pass a bill you didn't even read? I know we live in partisan times, but even if you are Team Blue- That's unsupportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like the Dems are doing now.... I even heard they were threatening to shut down the government (sound familiar?). It all goes to prove my point that the Dems and Pubs are both the same...... They just trick people into thinking they are different, then they make you go fight amongst yourselves (they divide people- a real leader would unite) while they make off with the money and power.

It is the oldest trick in the book and people are still falling for it...... hook... line and sinker....

That's why I'm independent.... Just look at these people, you can practically see the corruption rolling off them in waves.

You can't blame Obamacare on the Pubs though. The Dems rushed that through, many of them didn't even read it. Remember Pelosi "We have to pass it to know what's in it." Obama also admitted he didn't actually read it. A bill with his own name on it and he didn't even read it........ fancy that!

How irresponsible is it to pass a bill you didn't even read? I know we live in partisan times, but even if you are Team Blue- That's unsupportable.
    yes i can blame the republicans since they are the ones who shut down the government over it or did you forget that? they spent 8 years acting like whiny little babies who didn't get their own way just like dems are starting to do now although this is to prevent something that is actually harmful instead of the republicans getting mad because something beneficial was passed. they are also the ones who kept filibustering until the bill was a shadow of it's former self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    John Oliver is becoming unbearable to watch. He defends anything democrat and attacks anything republican. While i am conservative in my beliefs, i can't stand both of these parties. Jon Stewart was so much better because he attacked both parties, from his liberal standpoint.

My only encounters with Obamacare are with my parents and a close friend. Both parties say that it was useless for them.
    only thing i don't like about john oliver is his constant obscure references to old 70's bands. and some of his jokes aren't that funny. he lost a lot of his wit when he left the daily show. i also find he cherrypicks some of his arguments which is irritating.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-13 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama had to hire a ton of new IRS agents (and who doesn't want more of those....), adding to the cost tremendously.
    What?

IRS budget in 2009: $11.4 billion.
    IRS budget every year since 2009: varying between $11 billion and $13 billion.
    IRS budget this year: $11.4 billion.

Why even lie about something as meaningless and simple as that?

dems need to unite and push for single payer/medicare for all. too many Trump supporters are oblivious to the facts about how much better healthcare is in a few dozen other countries. FOX/breitbart sure as hell won't tell them the truth.

You can/could have opt'ed out of Romeycare and you would have to pay a mandated penalty on your taxes. The state enforced this at the time you did your taxes.

Not everyone got to keep their plan, since plans were forced to add coverage that did not exists prior to the law in mass. If you prior plan only covered kids to 21, you lost that plan and had to take one with kids to 26. There were other requirements for coverage minimums and services. So people lost their old plans after the grandfather period.

Romeycare has not been around for 20 years. it was passed in 2006 and most implementation did not occur till 2008. It has not even hit 10 years yet.

So lets try again.

- - - Updated - - -

hahah COB out.

24 million people to lose coverage...

hhahaha

15+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare was deliberated over for 6 months. It was available for anyone and everyone to read. It was even available online so that anyone who had access to the internet could read it during those 6 months. If someone didn't read it, that was their own doing.

Pelosi's comment was in regards to how much the conservative media was proclaiming all of the evil things that were going to put into Obamacare, like DEATH PANELS DUNDUNDUN, that were never going to be in it. Don't you remember? At the time there was so much controversy about what was actually going to be in it, but again, ANYONE COULD READ WHAT WAS IN IT, any day of the week, any time. Pelosi said we need to pass it to see what's in it, away from the fog of controversy, as a way of telling everyone that once it was passed, that was it, it was finalized, nothing new was going to be added or had the potential to be added, and conservative conspiracy theorists could stop declaring that Obama wanted to kill everyone with it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP once again gleefully causing mass harm to US citizens for the profit of a few?

You don't say?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Obamacare was deliberated over for 6 months. It was available for anyone and everyone to read. It was even available online so that anyone who had access to the internet could read it during those 6 months. If someone didn't read it, that was their own doing.

Pelosi's comment was in regards to how much the conservative media was proclaiming all of the evil things that were going to put into Obamacare, like DEATH PANELS DUNDUNDUN, that were never going to be in it. Don't you remember? At the time there was so much controversy about what was actually going to be in it, but again, ANYONE COULD READ WHAT WAS IN IT, any day of the week, any time. Pelosi said we need to pass it to see what's in it, away from the fog of controversy, as a way of telling everyone that once it was passed, that was it, it was finalized, nothing new was going to be added or had the potential to be added, and conservative conspiracy theorists could stop declaring that Obama wanted to kill everyone with it.

Yeah, after she had time to realize what she said, a host on one of the Sun morning shows asked her to clarify.

Ha ha, "fog of controversy," that is too rich..... who would even believe this stuff?

Of course she had a "reasonable" explanation by that time, it was after the fact. Even the dumbest man can explain something given enough time to come up with an explanation.

It is when you are caught "on the spot" that the truth comes out, as it did in this case.

She has also referred to Trump as Bush many times in the last few weeks (go read the transcripts of her recent speeches if you don't believe me), it seems this "fog of controversy" is fogging up her brain still.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    John Oliver is becoming unbearable to watch. He defends anything democrat and attacks anything republican. While i am conservative in my beliefs, i can't stand both of these parties. Jon Stewart was so much better because he attacked both parties, from his liberal standpoint.

My only encounters with Obamacare are with my parents and a close friend. Both parties say that it was useless for them.
    You don't watch much John Oliver if you think he defends anything democrat.

Also If your Parents/Friends has Obamacare then they wouldn't be calling it useless. Having Healthcare is useful in itself over not having it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

To enforce this, Obama had to hire a ton of new IRS agents (and who doesn't want more of those....), adding to the cost tremendously.
    Lie.
    The IRS has shed more than 7000 enforcement agents since the ACA became law.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Just like the Dems are doing now.... I even heard they were threatening to shut down the government (sound familiar?).
    LOL. Stop lying.

Who's blowing this smoke up your ass?

- - - Updated - - -

This is a screed of lies.

IRS employment has fallen, not increased. Romneycare uses an individual mandate like ACA, therefore it is possible to not have coverage, you have to pay a fine. Under the ACA, the keep your plan promise was kept due to the Grandfather Clause. The ACA is not failing, the uninsured rate is at record lows, enrollments are stable. Romneycare is 11 years old, not 20+ years old.

ACA is essentially the same as Romneycare, even designed by the same people.

You are a bullshitter.