Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

US Attorney Preet Bharara fired

After refusing into forced resignation with the attempted purges going on by Trump and Sessions, Preet Bharara was apparently fired.

Jesus fucking christ. He was one of the nation's best and most respected federal prosecutors but the DOJ at request of Trump and new AG Sessions have begun trying to purge. Bharara was even asked to stay by Trump and Sessions after the election before just in the past week demanding their resignation of select attorneys for reasons not given.

edit: The twist, Bharara would be the prosecutor overseeing the investigation on Trump Tower, the wiretapping claim, and any information pulled from the FBI's investigation of the server communications with Russian banks coming from the Trump email server.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-03-11 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

so wait Trump got rid of the guy that was going to do the investigation for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    After refusing into forced resignation with the attempted purges going on by Trump and Sessions, Preet Bharara was apparently fired.

Jesus fucking christ. He was one of the nation's best and most respected federal prosecutors but the DOJ at request of Trump and new AG Sessions have begun trying to purge. Bharara was even asked to stay by Trump and Sessions after the election before just in the past week demanding their resignation of select attorneys for reasons not given.

The twist, Bharara would be the prosecutor overseeing the investigation on Trump Tower.
    Every President pretty much from the start has done this...

Not saying its not scummy but its not really a Trump thing.

Deleted
    He (along with all of them) are political appointees that typically rotate out whenever a new president comes into office.
    This is not 'news'.
    Except for the Gross violation of decorum in not resigning after being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Every President pretty much from the start has done this...

Not saying its not scummy but its not really a Trump thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    He (along with all of them) are political appointees that typically rotate out whenever a new president comes into office.
    This is not 'news'.

It's scummy because Trump and Sessions specifically and personally asked Bharara to stay on just a couple months ago. Now he's being included in the purge, and outright fired, when he's the prosecutor with jurisdiction over the ongoing FBI investigation which is getting juicier and leakier by the day.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

It's scummy because Trump and Sessions specifically and personally asked Bharara to stay on just a couple months ago. Now he's being included in the purge, and outright fired, when he's the prosecutor with jurisdiction over the ongoing FBI investigation which is getting juicier and leakier by the day.
    The only reason this is news is because Trump is involved. I am so bored of the manufactured outrage, when there are legitimate things to object to. This is another bullet for him to fire back at the MSM. Cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    so wait Trump got rid of the guy that was going to do the investigation for him?
    Basically, yes. And after personally meeting with Trump and Sessions and both asking for him to be willing to stay on with the new administration.

Is it?

I know it is slightly off topic but mostly just rumors have been going around. All I know of from the investigation is that obama wire tapped Trump tower and that Trump took a loan from a Russian bank.

Is it?

I know it is slightly off topic but mostly just rumors have been going around. All I know of from the investigation is that obama wire tapped Trump tower and that Trump took a loan from a Russian bank.
    He didn't wiretap Trump tower. There was a FISA warrant for his email server that was then shut down before the warrant was enacted. Trump Tower was being investigated by the FBI because of said email server's heavy back and forth communication with a Russian bank, along with Flynn and Kushner having possibly illegal meetings with foreign parties from inside the tower.

edit: It's just a bit shady that he just recently personally met with Trump and Sessions and was requested to stick around. Now that the investigation is potentially going to hit a boiling point with recent leaks, the wiretap claim, and the upcoming senate hearings on the 20th, his name finds itself on the list. He would have been the prosecutor working that case.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not 'news'.

Trump had personally asked him to stay on in November. You can call it a gross violation, but it also proves that either trump isn't controlling his administration, or the presidents word means nothing.

He didn't wiretap Trump tower. There was a FISA warrant for his email server that was then shut down before the warrant was enacted. Trump Tower was being investigated by the FBI because of said email server's heavy back and forth communication with a Russian bank, along with Flynn and Kushner having possibly illegal meetings with foreign parties from inside the tower.
    What made those meetings illegal? I am even willing to overlook the fact they got the warrent on the second attempt and the fact of that being public record now..

This is not 'news'.
    Why call it Resigning when its actually firing ?

And why promise to employ someone when you intend to fire them ?

And who the heck is supposed to provide an honest/independent investigation into Trump's improprieties when anyone remaining has to swear fealty to the new god-emperor.

Basically, yes. And after personally meeting with Trump and Sessions and both asking for him to be willing to stay on with the new administration.
    Jesus, what a shit show going on over there.

Well, yeah. We don't need Sharia Law here.

What made those meetings illegal? I am even willing to overlook the fact they got the warrent on the second attempt and the fact of that being public record now..
    The warrant was obtained on the second attempt because the first attempt was too grossly encompassing. The second attempt narrowed it to just the email server and was approved to be enacted in October. The server was shut down on September 23rd.

What would have made those meetings illegal is the potential content of the discussions held. That's why it's under investigation; to check the legality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Sure did. Our country is screwed.

The warrant was obtained on the second attempt because the first attempt was too grossly encompassing. The second attempt narrowed it to just the email server and was approved to be enacted in October. The server was shut down on September 23rd.

What would have made those meetings illegal is the potential content of the discussions held. That's why it's under investigation; to check the legality.
    Kinda sounds like grasping desperately at straws but if its juicy its juicy I guess.

Sessions is allowed to fire anyone he wants. Was it stupid and political to fire them all? Yes. Then again, that pretty much describes Sessions and the rest of this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sessions is allowed to fire anyone he wants. Was it stupid and political to fire them all? Yes. Then again, that pretty much describes Sessions and the rest of this administration.
    Yeah he can. The discussion point is more the shadiness of the whole ordeal and hypocrisy of including him in the sort of "safe list" before cutting him after the FBI investigation is seemingly coming to a head. An investigation that he would have jurisdiction over. The senate investigation is even starting in a week with Comey as the first one ordered to testify.

President Bannon and the tweeter-in-chief surely don't want someone who actually fights corruption in their swamp -- especially given the investigations that will soon be underway.

edit: The twist, Bharara would be the prosecutor overseeing the investigation on Trump Tower, the wiretapping claim, and any information pulled from the FBI's investigation of the server communications with Russian banks coming from the Trump email server.