Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Congress starts looking into Russian interference with the US election this week. QUICK, DISTRACT WITH CRAZY!
    Trump certainly picked the perfect woman for the job. >.>

OT: It is possible that almost any piece of electronic equipment can be bugged, but the burden of proof lies with Trump and Co. to prove that it was.

Part of me wishes that Trump Tower was bugged and they have some golden (showers XD) moments on camera of Trump being full retard.

Deleted
    I think we need to investigate if trump has recent investment dealings in tin foil hat factories.

I mean, given that there was a just a massive controversy that revealed that the CIA was, in fact, spying on people in a very dubious manner it's hardly a major stretch. Of course, a lot of people will simply shrug and claim that it isn't a big deal so long as they get to continue to bash their political opponents. Sad and pretty scary but the last year has shown just how divided and delusional many voters are.

Fucking chemtrails man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I mean, given that there was a just a massive controversy that revealed that the CIA was, in fact, spying on people in a very dubious manner it's hardly a major stretch. Of course, a lot of people will simply shrug and claim that it isn't a big deal so long as they get to continue to bash their political opponents. Sad and pretty scary but the last year has shown just how divided and delusional many voters are.
    That something can be done is 0% proof that something was done.

That requires something called... well, evidence.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    With all the CIA information leaked, there was also zero evidence leaked that the CIA was part of any spying on American Persons, which is explicitly forbidden for them. They do a lot of weird and controversial methods to spy on other countries, and foreign citizens, but the CIA is a spy agency, what did people expect?

oh uh... she might be on to something

Wasn't it London that had to pass a law to put a stop to using public trashcans to track people's cellphones ?

I mean, it still sounds pretty nutty to say "my microwave is spying on me!", instead of a more rational "people can use microwaves to spy on you."

And well, both would sound nutty not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I seriously hope this administration is running a secret betting pool on who can say the most baffling thing possible and still receive support from their base. This can't be a sincerely held position, right? Right!?

they keep on proving they can say and do anything or like donny said i can go out on 5th avenue and kill someone and not lose any support he wasnt lying on that one thats the scary thing with his followers they dont care about real world facts

7+ Year Old Account
    She's referencing "smart technology"
    20 years ago I told people their email and cells weren't private... surprise!
    About 15 years ago I told people that ANY speaker with a magnet could be used as a microphone... (Surprise!)
    A decade ago I told people that thier Xboxes hooked up to the Net, and later smart TVs they played on were vulnerable... Oh yeah, surprise.
    It's all been proven true. NOW... we get into the wiring of the home to "The Internet of Things"

Look it up. She's right.

I mean, to be fair to her I did see they sell microwaves with built in WIFI and netflix installed into them so they can spy on you making a burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Please read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eillance-obama

Now i wonder where this conspiracy theory comes from. Is Mrs. Conway using a Microwave often, and does she think it is her enemy? Are microwaves democrats, or are there also some republican microwaves?

And what will she come up with next? Aliens helping Obama to become president?
    Its odd that your 'SMART' T.V., Refrigerator, Microwave ovens, Ovens, Thermostats etc.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-w...-room-chatter/

Anything that is online is now surveillance.

I've known for years my microwave is spying on me. It completely knows how accurately I can time 1 second between pops when I microwave popcorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Its odd that your 'SMART' T.V., Refrigerator, Microwave ovens, Ovens, Thermostats etc.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-w...-room-chatter/

Anything that is online is now surveillance.
    The fun part is that it surprises people still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I mean, to be fair to her I did see they sell microwaves with built in WIFI and netflix installed into them so they can spy on you making a burrito.
    It's vital that nobody knows I add Mexican oregano to my microwaved burrito. VITAL.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I mean, someone having Microwaved Conway's brain would explain a tremendous amount about these thoughts she thinks.

And by microwave I mean someone bought one from Sears and stuck her head in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Wasn't it London that had to pass a law to put a stop to using public trashcans to track people's cellphones ?

I mean, it still sounds pretty nutty to say "my microwave is spying on me!", instead of a more rational "people can use microwaves to spy on you."

And well, both would sound nutty not so long ago.
    The trash cans were not surveillance, it was the Wifi enabled cameras inside those trash cans:

https://www.rt.com/news/trash-bin-su...ance-wifi-402/

Your trash cans, just like your microwave, is not a surveillance device, without a camera or mic attached. Lunatics...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    hidden cameras and microphones have been around for ages. Nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    oh uh... she might be on to something

/snip microwave transformer bot
    So long as it stirs my ramen now and then, I am willing to sacrifice some freedom for security.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Please read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eillance-obama

Now i wonder where this conspiracy theory comes from. Is Mrs. Conway using a Microwave often, and does she think it is her enemy? Are microwaves democrats, or are there also some republican microwaves?

And what will she come up with next? Aliens helping Obama to become president?
    Well you could mount a camera in a microwave but when it's on the picture quality would be really bad because of the interference. Refrigerators have webcams. Stoves have webcams. Some ovens have webcams inside of them. The point is you have very little privacy anymore. Of course you'll just go back to cherry picking a comment out of spite because that's all this really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering how people think putting delicate electronic devices anywhere near a microwave is a smart idea.

Most microwaves aren't perfectly sealed, so it'd be a pretty bad idea to bug one of those.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    I'm just wondering how people think putting delicate electronic devices anywhere near a microwave is a smart idea.

Most microwaves aren't perfectly sealed, so it'd be a pretty bad idea to bug one of those.
    They're bugging my forks and looking at the contents of my intestines.