10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] - Scintillating Moonlight

Anyone figure this new relic talent out? It gives no feedback as to how it works. There is no buff/debuff icon for it so it's not totally clear if it reduces the damage taken from the target of moonfire, or if casting moonfire reduces all incoming damage. Likewise, no hint as to duration, stacking, etc.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Likewise, no hint as to duration, stacking, etc.
    Moonfire's duration is a pretty good hint, but otherwise, yeah there's no indicator. Just trusting in faith of Blizzard to not fuck it up as usual.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Doesnt the boss dummy hit for standard damage amounts? Shouldn't be hard to see if it gets reduced even by 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Doesnt the boss dummy hit for standard damage amounts? Shouldn't be hard to see if it gets reduced even by 1%.
    was going to try that today, but have been operating under the assumption that it does something, just not clear on the mechanics.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I imagine it's pretty straightforward, any target with Moonfire active deals n% less damage to you, where n is the number of points in SM.

No need for a new debuff that way. With GG, you probably don't even have to track it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No need for a new debuff that way.
    While true, they could at least add to the debuff tooltip that it "lowers the damage the target does to you" or something.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hum... raid boss targeting dummies seem to not hit back now.

-Kujako-

Hum... raid boss targeting dummies seem to not hit back now.
    Make sure it's the tanking one.

If at the Druid class hall, that's the tree IIRC.

You are hitting the wrong one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    You are hitting the wrong one.
    It used to be the right one... where would I find it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Make sure it's the tanking one.

If at the Druid class hall, that's the tree IIRC.
    Regrettably, that one hits for a variable amount of damage. So invalid for a test.

Thought there was one that hit for a fixed amount, but can't find it.

-Kujako-

Regrettably, that one hits for a variable amount of damage. So invalid for a test.

Thought there was one that hit for a fixed amount, but can't find it.
    AFAIK, their ability hits for a fixed percentage of max health but is subject to damage reductions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    AFAIK, their ability hits for a fixed percentage of max health but is subject to damage reductions.
    Hum... my combat log showed a fairly varied amount of incoming damage. But it may just be that there are too many defensive variables now to really detect a 1-4% change...
    Last edited by Kujako; 2017-03-29 at 07:45 PM.

-Kujako-