Deleted

Balance Druid Log Analysis

Hello fellow druids. I need someone to look at my performance and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Armory for those that are interested eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Vandarkhólme/advance

Log profile: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18863507/latest

I would especially like you to look at krosus and botanist, as they are pretty fresh kills.

Krosus: warcraftlogs.com/reports/c4vw1k9ramfNLQz3#fight=39&type=damage-done&source=11
    Botanist: warcraftlogs.com/reports/rxA8qvBYNXjKmFbD#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=7

(Edit: My account is not yet allowed to publish links but I hope you can find it anyway)

I am fully aware that I died on both logs but the Death occured on low % so the damage output would not be changed alot.

Thanks in advance, feel free to give me tips or anything.

Best Regards,
    Vandarkhólme

10+ Year Old Account
    Beware I am only 1/10 mythic on my balance druid but there's something that strikes my eye on the logs:
    You seem to not have the "haste breakpoint" for the Emerald Dreamcatcher at 11.250 haste rating for 30% haste.

Otherwise your sunfire/moonfire uptime looks good, you use potion of deadly grace.

I can say that with singletarget talents and on a patchwerk 5 minute fight you sim at 765k dps.

I don't have the dreamcatcher myself but maybe there is something with your rotation that needs fixing? I know the dreamcatcher changes it quite a bit. You also have quite low mastery, both mastery and haste have insanely high value for you, haste probably only untill you hit 11.250 haste realisticly.

Just some thoughts from me from what I can see. I'm not that good at analysing logs but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Hope it helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Beware I am only 1/10 mythic on my balance druid but there's something that strikes my eye on the logs:
    You seem to not have the "haste breakpoint" for the Emerald Dreamcatcher at 11.250 haste rating for 30% haste.

Otherwise your sunfire/moonfire uptime looks good, you use potion of deadly grace.

I can say that with singletarget talents and on a patchwerk 5 minute fight you sim at 765k dps.

I don't have the dreamcatcher myself but maybe there is something with your rotation that needs fixing? I know the dreamcatcher changes it quite a bit. You also have quite low mastery, both mastery and haste have insanely high value for you, haste probably only untill you hit 11.250 haste realisticly.

Just some thoughts from me from what I can see. I'm not that good at analysing logs but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Hope it helps
    Thank you for answering to this thread. Yes, you are indeed correct that I currently lack the 30 % haste breakpoint, which is something I am working day and night to accomplish. That is of course one reason I dont do that high STdmg. I just thougth that even without the haste breakpoint, my STdmg is still very low so I wanted to hear someones thoughts on this matter.

I used to be 22 % haste and 70 % mastery, which i liked alot, but having ED I had to sacrifice tons of mastery for haste/crit, haste/versa items as there are not many haste/mast items in the game..

Don't sacrifice your second best (close to haste) stat for an item that includes your worst stat, esp not if u go down ilvl. The haste breakpoint while good isn't always the best thing to go for. Lacking other legendaries you still get off 3 SS's in a row if u need to move and have pooled AP so it will benefit u even if u can't fit in lunars/double solars in between surges. (if nothing else u will still generate minimum of 10 AP in between so you're still getting extra starsurges off.

EDIT. took a look at gear. You have whispers lowering your haste values more (afaik - atleast what it feels like to me) seeing as you're still not able to weave properly during devil's due.
    Last edited by foibooze; 2017-03-20 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Don't sacrifice your second best (close to haste) stat for an item that includes your worst stat, esp not if u go down ilvl. The haste breakpoint while good isn't always the best thing to go for. Lacking other legendaries you still get off 3 SS's in a row if u need to move and have pooled AP so it will benefit u even if u can't fit in lunars/double solars in between surges. (if nothing else u will still generate minimum of 10 AP in between so you're still getting extra starsurges off.

EDIT. took a look at gear. You have whispers lowering your haste values more (afaik - atleast what it feels like to me) seeing as you're still not able to weave properly during devil's due.
    This is how I reasoned before. With me being at perhaps 25-28 % haste and still having 60-70 % mastery, with Chronomatic trinket and whispers, that should be enough. With my whisper being 910 ilvl the devils due proc will screw me over anyway and considering how often Chronomatic trinket and Whispers procs, why even bother getting the 30 % haste? I will most often be at 35-40 % haste anyway, only a couple casts where im at 25-28 %. I did however talk with Gapezilla and some other dudus, who insisted that getting the 30 % haste is CORE for ED, and what I said Before was incorrect, according to them atleast.

I have no idea what to do really but for the time being I am sacrificing a Little second best stat for more haste.

Relying on Metronome to get you to 30% haste isn't really feasible unless you are right at the cusp and only need 1 stack of the buff. Even then it's not a 100% uptime, and if you require more than 1 buff to reach the threshold you oftentimes find yourself either not getting there or only getting there with like 6 seconds left on the buff, which doesn't really let you get 2xSW out for any meaningful amount of time. And I personally hate Whispers since it procs between 0 to 1 times for me but your mileage may vary.