Thread: Brexit is a go!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool Brexit is a go!

Theresa May can now trigger Article 50... basically whenever. Just got to receive Royal Assent, but that's basically a rubber stamp stage, especially as the Queen seems to be pro-Brexit.

http://dailym.ai/2lUC0Ce

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...erendum-demand

Time to enjoy those delicious Remoaner tears ...
    Still not tired of winning.

Deleted
    I am sure she wants to stay a bit, because england is worse off without europes money

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Theresa May can now trigger Article 50... basically whenever. Just got to receive Royal Assent, but that's basically a rubber stamp stage, especially as the Queen seems to be pro-Brexit.

http://dailym.ai/2lUC0Ce

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...erendum-demand

Small point but, the Queen's stance is irrelevant. She would never go against government regardless of her personal beliefs.

some of us already fixed our Irish dual nationality, so good luck getting the tears

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    I am sure she wants to stay a bit, because england is worse off without europes money
    The plan is still to trigger Article 50 by the end of March AFAIK.

After that, the UK *will* leave after 2 years, *unless* the EU lets us stay in longer to finish negotiations. That probably won't happen (don't want to encourage others to leave the EU), so... yeah. April 2019 and we'll likely be out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Small point but, the Queen's stance is irrelevant. She would never go against government regardless of her personal beliefs.
    Yeah I know, but thought I'd stick it in anyway .

Deleted
    The plan is still to trigger Article 50 by the end of March AFAIK.

After that, the UK *will* leave after 2 years, *unless* the EU lets us stay in longer to finish negotiations. That probably won't happen (don't want to encourage others to leave the EU), so... yeah. April 2019 and we'll likely be out.
    Good luck with that then. Seems like Scotland is leaving the sinking ship just in time

Have fun leaving and then still having to abide by EU rules and regulations in order to trade with the EU, but without having any kind of say in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we hurry up and just get it done with all ready, getting tired of all this tip toeing around the subject...Inject it into my veins already lol!!!!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Good luck with that then. Seems like Scotland is leaving the sinking ship just in time
    Scotland is leaving the EU?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    no. they are leaving them englandz

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    No, they're turning their backs on the populists.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

7+ Year Old Account
    No?

Sturgeon *wants* a referendum, but May has already said (a) it was a once in a generation thing, and (b) not until after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Have fun leaving and then still having to abide by EU rules and regulations in order to trade with the EU, but without having any kind of say in them.
    My God! It's going to be just like trading with... uhm... oh wait. Just like trading with any other country or trading bloc in the entire freaking world.

The horror... the horror...

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    My God! It's going to be just like trading with... uhm... oh wait. Just like trading with any other country or trading bloc in the entire freaking world.

Yeah, which is inferior to the previous situation.

Deleted
    Why is this a good thing? Euro divorce will be the worst thing to happen to the UK since the Truman Doctrine!

10+ Year Old Account

Yup, you'll have to comply with every jot and tittle of the EU's dictates in order to maintain your trading, but you won't have any say in them! Utterly genius!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    No?

Sturgeon *wants* a referendum, but May has already said (a) it was a once in a generation thing, and (b) not until after Brexit.
    I love england I really do, but I feel like when they voted for Brexit or remain in the EU all the stupid people came out of their hate dens and gathered to screw up the future of england.

The old england (couple of hundred years ago). that was quite something. The game has changed though. England and greatness ... those two terms are as far disconnected as possible nowadays.

Deleted
    I love england I really do, but I feel like when they voted for Brexit or remain in the EU all the stupid people came out of their hate dens and gathered to screw up the future of england.

The old england (couple of hundred years ago). that was quite something. The game has changed though. England and greatness ... those two terms are as far disconnected as possible
    Ditto! Agree with you on both points. Post 1947 Great Britian, aint so great no more!

7+ Year Old Account
    No?

Well said, on both points. Congrats to the UK on asserting their sovereignty over Brussels. 90% of Americans have a favorable view of Britain, so you may rest assured that the US will always be a friend to the UK and will never tolerate an existential threat to your nation.

There will be a time of hard adjustment of course. No reason to lose heart.

The Anglosphere ( UK, Canada, Ireland, US, Australia, and New Zealand) should stand rock-solid together, no matter what. Whatever quarrels we have are a family matter.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Which is a benefit over being a member of the EU how exactly? Having to follow all the same rules, but without the benefits doesn't seem like a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    The Anglosphere ( UK, Canada, Ireland, US, Australia, and New Zealand) should stand rock-solid together, no matter what. Whatever quarrels we have are a family matter.
    Hmm... Maybe we should solidify this solidarity with some sort of...union.

Seriously, though. If you're going to play this "us vs them" garbage, perhaps you should explain what you have against the rest of Europe.