Thread: I miss cata...

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Unhappy I miss cata...

I know it won't help at all. And I also know that it's something i'll never get back.

I just miss cataclysm SO MUCH. I miss questing in Vashj'ir or hunting for Poseidon. I miss my tier 12 ret paladin. I miss my fire mage. I miss Firelands and the epic loot + the epic legendary mage quest. I even miss Dragon Soul a tiny bit.

I've been playing since 2006, all the way through vanilla, tbc, wotlk and cata. And cataclysm is all i'm thinking about lately.

Am I the alone one for having this feeling?

Is this normal behaviour? Should I seek out a therapist?

How do you feel about cataclysm?
    Last edited by Ziska; 2017-03-14 at 03:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok, good for you.

what should we discuss here exactly?

Formerly known as Arafal

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loved early Cata, but after dragon soul it lost a lot of it's charm, Madness of deathwing was a fun fight tho.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    ok, good for you.

what should we discuss here exactly?
    MoP ofcourse. What do you think?

One of the worst expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    One of the worst expansions.
    Why? I'm curious

I'm trying hard to find something positive about this expansion.

I'll say I miss the ¨feel¨ about the Tol Barad zone with the music and the Worgen,

I actually thought Cata was good. Dragon Soul just let it down a bit. Firelands was awesome, Bastion and Blackwing Descent were amazing and Vashj'ir still remains one of my most favorite zones to this day.

Said no one ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Said no one ever.
    I miss it. Had some great zones, raids and music in general. Pretty good leveling experience to. Only letdown for me was Dragon Soul which felt underwhelming as hell until Deathwing.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I actually thought Cata was good. Dragon Soul just let it down a bit. Firelands was awesome, Bastion and Blackwing Descent were amazing and Vashj'ir still remains one of my most favorite zones to this day.
    Agreed, I know uldum was long drawn and a bit odd, but I did enjoy the harrison jones stuff the 1st time, and the flaming orb to kill 1000 gnomes :P

Deepholm and twilight highlands were fantastic.

I also liked the increased difficulty of 5 mans early on, I just switched from main holy paladin healer after DPS mains for 6 years.

Hyjal and vashjir also were great, it just sucks you don't have the freedom to level, by the time you finish 1 zone , with rested/heirlooms you usually are 85 already, recently leveled a char further by finishing 3 zones however, still didn't touch uldum or highlands before hitting 90.

Dragon soul raid was bland for the most part, and the newer 5 mans weren't exciting.

But that leveling flaw isn't Cata specific, doing each start zone more then 10 times gets super boring, and expansions force you through 1-2 at a time, every time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-14 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    cataclysm was the worst addon. Why would anyone miss that?

If I never see Vashj'ir again, it'll be too soon. Underwater zones are not for me.

I respect your opinion, so here's my cata Opinion.

It sucked....

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    @Warlucia - is this your alt account

OT: So, the issues with Cata for MOST of the playerbase: content drought was EXTREMELY HIGH after the initial launch.

Was it a good expansion: Overall the expansion IMO was plagued with the fact that WRATH was extremely good, and a lot of people really hated that a lot of time was spent redoing all of the 1-60 vs. spending time on end game.. Personally: It was my least fav expansion, BUT transmog at the very end was PRETTY COOL!

Cata had no redeemable qualities other than the ammount of people who got salty that Rogues got an exclusive legendary :3

Good Lord, why?

Every single class become categorically less fun to play.

I have some awesome memories from Cataclysm. Loved doing heroic dungeons - my RL friends played around this time too and it was a good time to finally get them sucked into the game with the new questing and good scripting in the new updated zones etc. Ofc now I don't bother because levelling up to 100 is a joke :P

But I had a great time playing 4-5 of our friendship group, doing the heroic dungeons in an organised manner and valour point farming etc. Mythic+ with my guild now is the closest I'll ever get to that kind of experience again as all but 1 RL friend have quit WoW since early MoP.

Cata's overworld endgame content was short lived but good while it lasted. Deepholm is still an amazing looking zone. Vashj'ir was insanely fun to quest in, I remember the last few quests in the submarine was bugged as hell though, lol.

But hey, right now is generally a pretty nice time to play WoW as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Before WoD, I considered Cataclysm the worst expansion.

So yeah, just you :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I miss it. Had some great zones, raids and music in general. Pretty good leveling experience to. Only letdown for me was Dragon Soul which felt underwhelming as hell until Deathwing.
    I don't know, the only new location I liked was Vashj'ir, it had fresh feel to it and pretty good story. Others are really forgettable and questing on rails made them disgustingly boring for replaying. Revamped locations were meh too, while I agree that Vanilla stories might have needed some streamlining, breaking half the world and adding random memes as well as implementing the same linear questing was shitty idea. Don't forget that they never bothered to update timeline, so we are going into past on every new toon.
    Raids? T11 was good, T12 OK (i.e. Ragnaros is a good fight, every other boss not so much), T13 was the worst tier ever. And don't forget that Cata actually had the lowest amount of bosses of all expansions including WoD.
    Music? Can't name any good one other than Old Ironforge, Breath of Al'Akir and Nightsong.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though