Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Trump signs new Executive order!

Thought I would make this thread since the other once so cruelly got closed.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...zing-executive

It a measure that is supposed to "cut wasteful spending".
    Surely those of the right will hail it as great while those on the left will hate it.

The original thread...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-ever-written

You all can judge for yourselves whether it is "good" or "bad".
    Bashers! Start your engines!
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-03-14 at 09:54 PM.

This is a very risky approach but with high risks this may yield a high reward.

This approach is really more like a top down approach of how a CEO would run a company but given Trump is the head of a Democrratic Republic this might not go down as being reasonable. Time will tell if this will work out. We will know by summer for sure what trajectory this first term of his will head towards.

Kind of have to wait for details before people decide either way no? Otherwise it is just rampant speculation...

Deleted
    Alternative facts. There is no such thing as a Trump.

So he signed an executive order to close agencies? Aren't those established by congress?

Am I misunderstanding this?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    --snip--
    Your other thread got closed because it was nothing but click bait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stop oppressing him!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

The wording is vague (as are all EOs to be fair), so we'll need to wait to see how this order will be carried out by the various departments within the executive branch.

There is never any harm in reigning in spending, opening up funds to be allocated elsewhere. My concern is that the OMB director will decide to recommend the closure of agencies that help defend the environment, pursue science/technology, enhance education, and provide relief for those needing it most. That is the concern of anyone who cares about any of that, seeing how Trump, so far, has shown no care for those areas.

I'm interested in seeing what Mulvaney deems to be "unnecessary agencies, components of agencies, and agency programs". This has the potential to be massive, such as closing down entire Departments/Agencies, or tiny such as readjusting responsibilities.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

This is all very good. It's what I've been waiting for for a long time in politics.

We'll have to see how it pans out once the plan is made. Not really much to debate, rather this thread should be about speculation

The other thread was bad because it was obviously posted with the intent to start controversy. Glad it was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Was it my thread?

1) congress gets the final say in spending so this is a glorified tweet.

2)roflmao at cutting spending while giving trillions of dollars to the rich and corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    The wording is vague (as are all EOs to be fair), so we'll need to wait to see how this order will be carried out by the various departments within the executive branch.

There is never any harm in reigning in spending, opening up funds to be allocated elsewhere. My concern is that the OMB director will decide to recommend the closure of agencies that help defend the environment, pursue science/technology, enhance education, and provide relief for those needing it most. That is the concern of anyone who cares about any of that, seeing how Trump, so far, has shown no care for those areas.

I'm interested in seeing what Mulvaney deems to be "unnecessary agencies, components of agencies, and agency programs". This has the potential to be massive, such as closing down entire Departments/Agencies, or tiny such as readjusting responsibilities.
    Trump has actually shown care for those areas, just not positive care. He has appointed people fundamentally opposed to the goals of the related agencies, clearly intentionally.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thought I would make this thread since the other once so cruelly got closed.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...zing-executive

It a measure that is supposed to "cut wasteful spending".
    Surely those of the right will hail it as great while those on the left will hate it.

The original thread...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-ever-written

You all can judge for yourselves whether it is "good" or "bad".
    America bashers! Start your engines!
    Trump has spent more money on himself going on weekly vacations that any sitting president in history. I can't see how he would be at all interested in actually cutting spending, unless he or his cronies somehow make money off the deal.

The EO itself is almost pointless though - as Trump has already proven he basically does what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump has spent more money on himself going on weekly vacations that any sitting president in history. I can't see how he would be at all interested in actually cutting spending, unless he or his cronies somehow make money off the deal.

The EO itself is almost pointless though - as Trump has already proven he basically does what he wants.
    I think heard an engine roar to life!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    1) congress gets the final say in spending so this is a glorified tweet.

2)roflmao at cutting spending while giving trillions of dollars to the rich and corporations.
    And another engine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cute edit there ally

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Cute edit there ally
    Shocking. What did he do this time?

It's basically a bill that is looking at the executive branch and it's agencies to see if running them the way they do now is the most beneficial/ still makes sense or if running and reorganizing them makes more sense or is more efficient.

I see nothing wrong with this...at this point. We'll see what shakes out, but taking a look at how things run and making sure they still make sense is a pretty logical and obvious thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Shocking. What did he do this time?
    I'm debating with him in another thread how his new phrase of the week is "America Bashing" and how people disagreeing with him does not make them "America Bashers". In his OP he said "America Bashers! Start your engines!" but edited it, after I called him out in the other thread, to just "bashers" since y'know would hate to look like a hypocrite lol. But in your own quote you have the original OP so everyone can see

Cause being against trump = america bashing now lol

I think heard an engine roar to life
    Might wanna ease up on the typing. Trump won't want your wrist to to be tired later tonight. Did I do it right? Life's easier when all ya do is shitppst in your own thread.

It's an empty gesture. All his past actions undermine any hope of him "increasing efficiency". a poorly veiled scheme that's gonna be based more off right wing feels than an actual desire for efficiency.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Might wanna ease up on the typing. Trump won't want your wrist to to be tired later tonight. Did I do it right? Life's easier when all ya do is shitppst in your own thread.

It's an empty gesture. All his past actions undermine any hope of him "increasing efficiency". a poorly veiled scheme that's gonna be based more off right wing feels than an actual desire for efficiency.
    Looks like it's going to be a race ladies and gentlemen! So easily predictable.