10+ Year Old Account

Cross Shard Trading coming in 4.1

With Rift 4.1 - Forged In Flames just 2 weeks away here's an interesting feature they announced yesterday, cross shard (server) trading. We'll be able to send money and items to any other char regardless of what shard (server) they're on.

Sadly you can't mail items to anyone but baby steps, hopefully this will flesh out into mailing any alt(s) you have on other shards as mules, at the moment you can transfer stuff between your chars but it means transferring chars around (as server transfers are free in Rift) but having to suffer a one week cool down.

Who knows, maybe this is a long term plan and eventually we'll have just one all shards Auction House, cross shard Guilds, etc.

Official: Cross Shard Trades

As part of our 4.1 release, we have extended our in-game trade system to allow trades between characters on different home shards. This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard. Before we release 4.1, we are opening up cross shard trades to our players in the PTS environment to have a go at it. To really put the system through its paces, we ask that you conduct trade transactions between characters on different home shards. Trade as many coin and items with each other as you like. The trade should execute as any other normal trade.

Please note that this feature does not allow a character to send items to another character on another home shard via a mail message.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5295029

It's kinda nice, but as you said muling between shards to facilitate trades has been a thing for a while now so it's not really "new". It's a nice little improvement that takes a time consuming step out of the current process, but that's about it.

Given the games current issues, this falls near the bottom of the list of shit I'd like to see Trion working on addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's kinda nice, but as you said muling between shards to facilitate trades has been a thing for a while now so it's not really "new". It's a nice little improvement that takes a time consuming step out of the current process, but that's about it.

Given the games current issues, this falls near the bottom of the list of shit I'd like to see Trion working on addressing.
    Agreed. I mean it's a nice little convenience update don't get me wrong but they have other things to be focusing on rather than making cross shard trading easier. For starters getting more dungeons out there, making sure the raid is ready to go, making an actual unique raid for the current tier instead of revamping one and making the first unique raid for LFR, fixing the mess that is PvP because nobody barely touches it atm and overall going over Starfall with a fine tooth comb and polishing it. I doubt all of this is going to happen because I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt ages ago.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-15 at 04:33 PM.

they still have broken in the game i guess they will continue to overlook such problems....of the the next thing i suppose nd when that has problems on to the next and so on