Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nonsense. I'm incredibly aggressive to Trump supporters and Putinistas. On certain topics (and more in the past, just due to current events) I was very aggressive towards liberals. I rarely get an infraction. I've gone 15 rounds with Endus on more than one occasion. He's quite fair.

The MMO-OT Alt-Reich is just complete trash at arguing their points. Absolutely talent-less. They whine about Endus because his mutant power is to wave his hand and find ways for the Alt-Reich to logically fuck themselves. So they get frustrated.

The infraction part? They do that to themselves.
    It's funny you say that when the last 2 pages of this thread prove my point perfectly

We're both discussion moderation, I get infracted "for forbidden topic" and you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's funny you say that when the last 2 pages of this thread prove my point perfectly

We're both discussion moderation, I get infracted "for forbidden topic" and you don't
    But I didn't discussing moderation. I said I went 15 rounds with Endus before and that he's fair. Read my post again.

I said nothing about Moderation besides the fact that the people who get them do it to themselves, which is a general statement about infractions in general.

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    I was expecting something a bit more interesting. Not sure why they bothered to report on the handful of nothing they had.
    So as to get ratings?

They are businesses after all.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    I was expecting something a bit more interesting. Not sure why they bothered to report on the handful of nothing they had.
    Yeah, I've been looking through the web, a lot of the left leaning outlets are saying he paid large amounts of tax on the alternative minimum and that he's trying to scrape this as president. Is that about all they had? Watching the guardian try their absolute best to keep this spun as a negative is about the only enjoyable thing from this leak.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-03-15 at 09:16 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

She threw some Tax returns up that showed nothing shady (but also are extremely old), big deal. No scandal was promised in them. The interesting ones are later. The ones after and including 2011 are most important as that's when his dance with Russia began.

I don't think you quite understand Laurcus. Many of us, myself include, want to destroy Trump and what he stands for, period. And we'll use every tool at our disposal. We won't be fair, and not every tool will work, but we'll weaponize even the most banal stuff to crack his administration open. If he's fighting scandals, he isn't governing, which is the entire point.

I don't like Maddow one bit. She's super liberal. I'm conservative. She's an in-your-face Lesbian. I think a person's sexuality is not a matter of public business. But she's, who has a show with a political slant, is doing exactly what needs to be done to besiege this Administration.
    I think I understand that quite well. I don't agree with it on any level though. It's wrong. Those kinds of tactics destroy the credibility of Trump's opposition and make him seem like he has a goddamn point when he rants about how bad the liberal media is. It's discarding truth for partisanship, for ideology. I will never agree with that. It's almost a literal example of the famous Nietzsche quote "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

I don't believe in victory at any cost. If you do, well, I guess that makes you my enemy. As far as I'm concerned, you no longer have a right to bitch about anything Trump does. You want to destroy him, so it's fair play if he tries to destroy you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not really, no.

She tweeted that they "had Trump tax returns". Less than an hour later, she tweeted that the documents were from 2005. She was hardly concealing that fact. Nor was she claiming there was anything scandalous IN those tax returns.

So really, what I'm getting is that a bunch of people are angry because they read way too much into a particular talking head's one tweet out of several, and reality didn't line up with the fantasies that tweet inspired in their own heads.

Or is it that she discussed the leaked documents? Because, y'know, First Amendment and all that. Pretty cut and dry, which is why I presume it's the former.
    Do you really think she's such an idiot that when she says she has Trump's tax returns that she didn't know people would assume that those are the tax returns that nobody has been able to shut up about for months? I don't think she's that stupid. The first tweet was clickbait and the second one was done for the sake of plausible deniability.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-03-15 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think I understand that quite well. I don't agree with it on any level though. It's wrong. Those kinds of tactics destroy the credibility of Trump's opposition and make him seem like he has a goddamn point when he rants about how bad the liberal media is. It's discarding truth for partisanship, for ideology. I will never agree with that. It's almost a literal example of the famous Nietzsche quote "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

I don't believe in victory at any cost. If you do, well, I guess that makes you my enemy.
    Your democracy is built upon that partisanship these days. When whole families are "republican" or "democrats" based on family tradition rather than political reasons, that's what you have. A country built on partisanship.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really think she's such an idiot that when she says she has Trump's tax returns that she didn't know people would assume that those are the tax returns that nobody has been able to shut up about for months? I don't think she's that stupid. The first tweet was clickbait and the second one was done for the sake of plausible deniability.
    And it worked, apparently. 35 pages already. There's no such thing as bad press...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    Is there any chance you or someone else could give a summary of what's happening now? I don't really want to read through 26 pages to find the spot where the tax returns were released and the reaction to it.
    Rachel Maddow of MSNBC tweeted that she has Trump's tax returns and would be releasing them. In general, people have been up in arms over Trump not releasing his tax returns from 2011-2016 for months now. She then tweeted again like an hour later saying that she has his tax returns from 2005, not 2011-2016.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty cool, however it's obvious they obtained them illegally, so how are they any better than Wikileaks who get vilified all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Your democracy is built upon that partisanship these days. When whole families are "republican" or "democrats" based on family tradition rather than political reasons, that's what you have. A country built on partisanship.

- - - Updated - - -

And it worked, apparently. 35 pages already. There's no such thing as bad press...
    I don't think that is something that should be strived for.

I don't think that is something that should be strived for.
    You're right about that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Will we even know if they are real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yeah, I've been looking through the web, a lot of the left leaning outlets are saying he paid large amounts of tax on the alternative minimum and that he's trying to scrape this as president. Is that about all they had? Watching the guardian try their absolute best to keep this spun as a negative is about the only enjoyable thing from this leak.
    And in playing right into his hand (him releasing it before they even got to), they just lose credibility themselves when they really didn't have to if they just didn't bring this up.

It's not even about whether or not Trump did anything wrong anymore, it's just people saying things about him that people will assume are negative without looking into it at all.
    Last edited by Post; 2017-03-15 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

7+ Year Old Account
    So dealing with the fake MSNBC news who seems to spin what ever they can to debunk trump, now showing he paid 25% taxes, more than sandars and mitt. lol they just need to push the last bit and be like TMZ, nothing but a tabloid of fake/twisted news of loser reporters who stopped reporting many years ago. lol

You're right about that.
    It makes me feel like the last sane man on Earth when people make a big deal out of Trump's tax returns, then they act like nothing happened when the media lies about them. It's some real life we've always been at war with Eurasia shit and it scares me that so many people on this forum seem to be okay with that.

It makes me feel like the last sane man on Earth when people make a big deal out of Trump's tax returns, then they act like nothing happened when the media lies about them. It's some real life we've always been at war with Eurasia shit and it scares me that so many people on this forum seem to be okay with that.
    Except there was no lie in these tax returns. The only news was "We got Trump's Tax Returns". Not "Tax Returns show evidence of Wrong-doing". Nobody said that.

And furthermore the interesting tax returns are from ~2011-> 2016. Those need to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe in victory at any cost. If you do, well, I guess that makes you my enemy. As far as I'm concerned, you no longer have a right to bitch about anything Trump does. You want to destroy him, so it's fair play if he tries to destroy you.
    Hey i'm with you on "how you win matters", but Trump waged his norm and rule violating campaign on the grounds of "win by any cost".

That's the problem with nuclear war. The other side has nukes too, so to speak.

This isn't partisanship. I'm not a democrat. I'm a Republican. But Trump is not Conservative. He's reactionary. Reactionary politics are something to be fought against. Trump's positions are un-American.

Do not be offended, but we're not reacting to it, because many Europeans see Americans that way. Gullible to the point that they'll believe every shit as long as some dude from the idiot box says it. We're not okay with that, but we're busy teaching our children to not only not believe everything they say in the telly but these days also tell them to not believe everything they say on the internet.

In the meantime... we have an American OP that does "surveys" on Facebook (read: he asks his private bubble of friends) something and implements the conclusion in his real life... and then complains to the internet how it doesn't have the desired effect...
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-03-15 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are people expecting from that? Putin's signed invoice for the hotel golden showers?

Except there was no lie in these tax returns. The only news was "We got Trump's Tax Returns". Not "Tax Returns show evidence of Wrong-doing". Nobody said that.

And furthermore the interesting tax returns are from ~2011-> 2016. Those need to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey i'm with you on "how you win matters", but Trump waged his norm and rule violating campaign on the grounds of "win by any cost".

That's the problem with nuclear war. The other side has nukes too, so to speak.

This isn't partisanship. I'm not a democrat. I'm a Republican. But Trump is not Conservative. He's reactionary. Reactionary politics are something to be fought against. Trump's positions are un-American.
    I'm honestly not sure anymore if there's a point in responding to you. I can't tell if you're just fucking with me at this point.

I never said there were lies in the tax returns. What I am saying, is that it's dishonest to say you have Trump's tax returns and add the (seriously) bit onto the end of the tweet, when you do not have his tax returns from 2011-2016. Maddow can't possibly be stupid enough to not see how that would go and how people would take it. If she'd lead with "We have Trump's tax returns from 2005" I wouldn't have a problem with what she said.

It's a lie by omission. It'd be like if I said, "You're all a bunch of scrubs for wiping 500 times on mythic Star Augur. My guild wiped less than 100 times on it!" Technically true, but it's a lie by omission because my guild hasn't pulled mythic Star Augur.

PS: Identity politics are just as un-American as reactionary politics, and they are not the salve to this wound, truth is.

If the media and people like you had not tried so damn hard to destroy Trump, centrists like me would have gravitated left instead of right, and Trump would not be President right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Do not be offended, but we're not reacting to it, because many Europeans see Americans that way. Gullible to the point that they'll believe every shit as long as some dude from the idiot box says it. We're not okay with that, but we're busy teaching our children to not only not believe everything they say in the telly but these days also tell them to not believe everything they say on the internet.

In the meantime... we have an American OP that does "surveys" on Facebook (read: he asks his private bubble of friends) something and implements the conclusion in his real life... and then complains to the internet how it doesn't have the desired effect...
    I don't get offended, only flabbergasted at what I see as insanity. No worries friend.

I don't get offended, only flabbergasted at what I see as insanity. No worries friend.
    Wait, you call Europeans teaching their kids to use their brain when processing information insane?

Sweden just started a school program to educate kids about fake news and how to spot them. In primary school. And rudimentary programming skills. I'm assuming that's insane as well and not totally progressive education to the max? :P

Wait, you call Europeans teaching their kids to use their brain when processing information insane?

Sweden just started a school program to educate kids about fake news and how to spot them. In primary school. And rudimentary programming skills. I'm assuming that's insane as well and not totally progressive education to the max? :P
    If you guys generally used your brains to process information, Germany wouldn't have starved the goose that laid golden eggs for it. But alas, we live in a world of flawed human beings.