Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How is Demo looking in 7.2?

Anyone been playing on the PTR extensively as a Demo Lock who can attest to how well they are performing compared to the current build aka 7.1.5.

I would love to test it myself but work requiring me to spend 80 hour weeks.

I don't think anything has changed. At all.

On this moment demo is worst spec on ptr xD No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Riens View Post
    lol yeah it's the worst spec big time even now who the hell wants to play this crappy spec PLEASE BUFF

Deleted
    Only spec looking worse coming 7.2 is Aff. Demo is still performing well in NH and with t20 bonus and higher stats and slight buffs, hopefully it will be a versatile powerhouse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    lol yeah it's the worst spec big time even now who the hell wants to play this crappy spec PLEASE BUFF
    The spec is fundamentally "broken" and not in the good way. I guess its somewhat viable in battleground pvp, but for Arena, PVP, PVE, questing, its out of the question.

Soo much misinformation on this thread lol. Demo is fine and will be better with the new set bonuses in Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Soo much misinformation on this thread lol. Demo is fine and will be better with the new set bonuses in Tomb.
    well what we were trying to do went right of this one's head

What makes demo the worst spec currently?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riens View Post
    why would you think that?

How can it be worse than Destro? How is that possible ?_?

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Only spec looking worse coming 7.2 is Aff. Demo is still performing well in NH and with t20 bonus and higher stats and slight buffs, hopefully it will be a versatile powerhouse
    I highly doubt Aff will ever go down in power unless they nerf all the spells to the ground.

The spec is based around weapon traits, and not only are they adding many extra weapon traits, but they are also adding more predictive methods of generating souls for higher Reap uptime. Not to mention Aff scales the best with gear so its just going to get out of control.

Its the same shit

Demon looks good, the new traits increases the strenght of the spec (monotarget) and the tier bonuses look very good. Even OP if u have the shoulders.

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with you people?

Demonology is in a VERY good place right now. We got very good aoe due to the artifact trait, we still have a very high ST DPS and our talent builds are basically 32X1X22 or 31X1X22 depending mostly on legendary belt or not.

Demo is viable on every single raid boss and the only place where DEMO suffers is mythic Vault of the Wardens.

7.2 has close to no changes for demonology existing skills/traits/legendaries and the new traits are all in all pretty good.

The biggest downside Demonology has right now for new players is they they need to reach that 20% haste minimum, and the AOE won't kick in until you got the Tha'kiel's Discord golden trait.
    Last edited by Wolvenheart; 2017-03-21 at 02:24 PM.

No idea why everyone is hating Demonology performance wise. I understand that the play style of Demonology is a hit or miss but the way it performs is perfectly fine. I main Demonology in a group that values boss damage over AoE padding and i am consistently top of the dps charts, if not top 3. Looking at the set bonuses from ToS i'd say Demonlogy looks like it will be great with the constant summoning of Dreadstalkers and the reduced need to cast Demonic Empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zihilis View Post
    No idea why everyone is hating Demonology performance wise. I understand that the play style of Demonology is a hit or miss but the way it performs is perfectly fine. I main Demonology in a group that values boss damage over AoE padding and i am consistently top of the dps charts, if not top 3. Looking at the set bonuses from ToS i'd say Demonlogy looks like it will be great with the constant summoning of Dreadstalkers and the reduced need to cast Demonic Empowerment.
    ^ This. You can pad meters so easily now adays with so many specs, but no matter where i end up in the DPS rankings when we down a boss, i almost alawys have top 3 to 5 Damage on the boss.

Eh, I still can't play demo. I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Eh, I still can't play demo. I suck.
    HOW?

Demo has honestly made me so sad. The rotation is so... straightforward and dull.

I really do love the idea that pets do the bulk of our DPS but I really wishing was more interesting. The only interesting part is seeing how fat I can make TC when I get some nice RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    why would you think that?

How can it be worse than Destro? How is that possible ?_?
    I suppose because Affli and Demo pretty much do the same thing right now, except I recon Affli does it better. So seeing as Destro has it's own niche it will have a place where Demo and Affli does not. Whereas wherever Demo shines Affli will do so better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I suppose because Affli and Demo pretty much do the same thing right now, except I recon Affli does it better. So seeing as Destro has it's own niche it will have a place where Demo and Affli does not. Whereas wherever Demo shines Affli will do so better.
    as far as I know Demo is better than Affliction. For me personally it is less fun, but Demo seems to be the highest damage warlock specc :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#difficulty=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#difficulty=3

throughout all 3 difficulties