Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I say let them drown. Help them even. Torpedo or 2 would make a mighty fine firework as a "welcome to the country" surprise.
    Aww, internet badass who can deal with any issue.
    /hug
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What makes you think german companies are taxed in germany when working outside of germany? I assume they have their profits taxed in some tax haven in europe. So you think only german citizens work for german companies? This is a bunch of ifs and buts.
    It's the same amount of ifs and buts as you used to debunk the official EU commissioner ...

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    I understand just fine what a war is.
    Really? Yet you think Syra, a country at war, has "safe areas" where people can just group up if they have no intrest in the war?
    I really don't think you understand the concept at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They come from tent camps that are placed into barren lands, near the borders, where they could still face harm from overreaching attacks.
    So you mean to tell me that they take this route?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Really? Yet you think Syra, a country at war, has "safe areas" where people can just group up if they have no intrest in the war?
    I really don't think you understand the concept at all.
    No, I never said syria is safe. I said anywhere where there is no war. As far as I know people are crossing from Turkey. There is no war in turkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    1. Not everyone comes from Syria
    2. Not everyone claiming to be a refugee is Syrian. Like Moroccan refugees. (Lol)
    3. It's easy to lie when you burn your papers.
    4. I was one of the people that wanted the people threatening to jump off ships to do a flip. Don't reward suicide.
    Any more of your anti bullshit right wing stereotypes to offer?

The way you guys sound, it's as if the holocaust never happened.
    It's been only 70ish years ago. And you guys have learned absolutely nothing from it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    There is no safe place for Syrians.. FFS.. Where would that possibly be?
    So you say syrians are in danger in Tukey/Greece/Macedon/Serbia/Hungary/Croatia/Slovenia/Austria?!?!
    Good to know, i wont visit those war zones, thanks.

Any more of your anti bullshit right wing stereotypes to offer?

The way you guys sound, it's as if the holocaust never happened.
    It's been only 70ish years ago. And you guys have learned absolutely nothing from it.
    You are partially right. I am anti bullshit but not right wing.

And Holocaust comparison because that hasn't gotten old and overused.

Deleted
    None of those people got themselves into a dumb situation.
    They just happen to have their home bombed into oblivion and their loved ones and friends killed left and right.

You, just happen - anecdotally even, since it's beyond your own control - to live sheltered in a part that's relatively safe. You don't have to face the brutal reality of war. You could however, and that's where the earlier mentioned cookies come into the picture again, inform yourself about the conditions at the locations from where these people come from. How they are pressed to flee. What got them onto highly dangerous passages. How they end up drowning. etc etc
    Alright. You seem to be determined to put me in some manner of labeled box for easy categorization. You're wrong! I've got my reasons for saying you're wrong, and mango, I've seen my share of shit in life. You're still wrong at this point - and here's mine - people who actually have had hardship in their life will not take unnecessary risks. These are desperate people, and boy, they are desperate for the wrong reasons. Desperate because they live in squalor, and desperate for promises (and these are things that have been promised to them by their local figureheads and communities on OUR behalf, BTW) they have no right to be given because those promises are based on US sacrificing our futures for theirs. When they either should have been building their own or displacing those in power preventing them from making their own way in life.

You are only here to demand us make way for others. We refuse. We will not be cowed by emotional manipulation, and you're being a cow here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you mean to tell me that they take this route?

http://i.imgur.com/M2sEyxA.png
    Pardon the ignorance, but what the fuck are you trying to say?
    Let me rephrase this a bit..
    You said:
    Anywhere where there is no war. These people are not coming from Syria directly, they are already safe when they take these dangerous travels due to their own greed and impatience.
    And again... where would that possibly be?

Let's have a quick glimpse..
    Like here?

or here?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Drain the Mediterranean Sea!
    Sounds like a German plan.

--

They should've been shipped ages ago. Europe is richer and bigger in terms of geography. Turkey fulfilled moral and legal obligation by letting ~6 million refugee cross the border. Currently, ~4 million is living in Turkey. Some of this burden should be shouldered by Europe.

This is empty threat, they did it before. They have no balls to pull this off.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-16 at 11:57 AM.

Pardon the ignorance, but what the fuck are you trying to say?
    They are moving through safe areas and skipping them to reach EU countries. They're not embarging from the syrian coast, therefore they are moving through Turkey, which is not at war. Turkey is safe. At that point it's their greed that drives them to EU countries, not seeking refuge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's lovely to discuss how everything brought us to this point but the point still stands. We can either let them drown or we can save them. This is not about virtue signaling. This is about letting people die in front of your eyes when you can save them.
    Why aren't you saving the other ton of people that die all over the world if you feel the need to virtue signal so hard?

They are moving through safe areas and skipping them to reach EU countries. They're not embarging from the syrian coast, therefore they are moving through Turkey, which is not at war. Turkey is safe. At that point it's their greed that drives them to EU countries, not seeking refuge.
    Turkey is not the nicest country around. They want a better life. Their motivation is understandable.

I have little to no sympathy for people who put themselves in dangerous situations because they hope for a better life and take risks because of that by not having the proper arrangements.
    The ignorance in this post gave me cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Turkey is not the nicest country around. They want a better life. Their motivation is understandable.
    Doesn't make it any less stupid to put yourself in a dangerous situation due to your greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    The ignorance in this post gave me cancer.
    Turkey is safe. They are not embarging from the coast of Syria as far as I know but are instead moving through Turkey.

Turkey is safe. They are not embarging from the coast of Syria as far as I know but are instead moving through Turkey.
    Giving me cancer once wasn't enough, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Alright. You seem to be determined to put me in some manner of labeled box for easy categorization. You're wrong! I've got my reasons for saying you're wrong, and mango, I've seen my share of shit in life. You're still wrong at this point - and here's mine - people who actually have had hardship in their life will not take unnecessary risks. These are desperate people, and boy, they are desperate for the wrong reasons. Desperate because they live in squalor, and desperate for promises (and these are things that have been promised to them by their local figureheads and communities on OUR behalf, BTW) they have no right to be given because those promises are based on US sacrificing our futures for theirs. When they either should have been building their own or displacing those in power preventing them from making their own way in life.

You are only here to demand us make way for others. We refuse. We will not be cowed by emotional manipulation, and you're being a cow here.
    You do realise they tried to displace the people in power and this is the exactly how the Syrian civil war started in the first place?

Desperate for the wrong reasons? They're trying to escape being massacred by ISIS or bombed to death by the Assad government, if that's not a justifiable reason I don't know what is. Yes in an ideal world they would stay in the refugee camps and wait to obtain asylum in Europe through formal channels but they're not stupid, they know that there are millions of other people who have the same idea and their chances of ever having their case even heard is slim to none.

Anyone who feels they have no other choice than to take the risks they do trying to get themselves and their families into Europe is obviously in an utterly desperate situation. Considering the torture that these people have been through, I wouldn't even pretend to act like I could relate to what they're going through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, how many golden spoons you had in your rectum when you were born? 5? 10?
    Most critical situations in life for people like you are when facebook is down, or when you couldn't find your favourite chocolate milk from the store.
    Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Giving me cancer once wasn't enough, was it?
    Maybe you could explain how it's ignorance when turkey is actually safe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    wanting better life =/= refugee status