Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Anyone here ever been in the military? What was your experience like?

I always hear stories that it changed their lives for the better and stories where it was hell on earth.

I'm just curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Military? Or war?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I can imagine this will be a lot about bootcamp, and having to salute some mean mofo's haha

OT: I never joined, but back in 2003, a LOT of recruitment attempted to grab me.. I just didn't want to join (I have a huge family line in the armed forces so..)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I always hear stories that it changed their lives for the better and stories where it was hell on earth.

I'm just curious.
    I was in the army for 12 years from 03-2014, so pretty much the entire Iraq conflict and most of the afgan conflict, do you have any specific questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I was in the army for 12 years from 03-2014, so pretty much the entire Iraq conflict and most of the afgan conflict, do you have any specific questions?
    Just wondering what it was like. I see a lot of movies and read a ton of books about vietnam war. It always seems so intense and makes me wonder why anyone would want to join up for that. I have a nephew that just joined the canadian armed forces and he seems really happy, he hasn't seen any action yet..just collecting paycheques and firing big weapons right now on the military base in new brunswick I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering what it was like. I see a lot of movies and read a ton of books about vietnam war.
    I was thinking Vietnam was more up your alley, but it's a shame you missed the draft for being over age.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was thinking Vietnam was more up your alley, but it's a shame you missed the draft for being over age.
    i'm not that fucking old lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm not that fucking old lol.
    Lies! It's okay grandpa!

It's always a pleasure to poke you with a stick.

I was in the army.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I was born in the summer of 69..thats as close as I get to the vietnam conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I was in the army.

so what was it like or is there some unwritten rule about being in the milatary where you guys don't talk about it?

I was born in the summer of 69..thats as close as I get to the vietnam conflict.
    Did they have smartphones back then?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The army pretty fun, Jayburner. Those movies are all fake. I recommend everyone should serve their country with pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    The army pretty fun, Jayburner. Those movies are all fake. I recommend everyone should serve their country with pride!
    I don't trust a 3 year member. I think you are joking with me.

15+ Year Old Account

Found footage of your parents courting ritual mayhaps?

10+ Year Old Account

Found footage of your parents courting ritual mayhaps?
    nah man, parents hooked up in Newfoundland after my mom's husband drowned after taking a boat out on the Atlantic ocean

15+ Year Old Account
    nah man, parents hooked up in Newfoundland after my mom's husband drowned after taking a boat out on the Atlantic ocean
    That sounds like a prologue to a horror movie.

Is your real name Damien by any chance?

In the US we get free stuff on Veterans day, bring your dd214

Bob Evans: Free meal from a special menu available all day. Military ID required.

IHOP: Free red, white and blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Little Caesars: Free Hot-N-Ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Applebee's: Free meal from a special menu and get a $5 coupon that can be redeemed Nov. 12-27.

Red Lobster: Veterans, active duty military and reservists get a free appetizer or dessert with a valid military ID on November 10th and 11th.

LongHorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert, and veterans and their guests will receive 10% off their meal.

On the Border: Veterans and active service members get a free create your own combo with a choose two or choose three selection. Good for dine-in only and must have a vlid military ID or proof of military service.

Fazoli's: Veterans will receive a free "Build Your Own Pasta Bowl" on Nov. 11.

Chicken Salad Chick: Veterans get a free Original Chick meal, which includes a chicken salad scoop or sandwich, side, pickle and cookie, with a drink. No purchase necessary. Find locations here.

Baskin-Robbins: For every ice cream scoop sold in the U.S., the company will donate 11 cents to United Service Organizations.

Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin' Onion and a beverage. Outback also is offering active and former service members 15% off their meals and their families' Nov. 12 through Dec. 31.

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews: All veterans and active duty military get a free Red’s Tavern Double Burger and bottomless steak fries at participating restaurants nationwide. Red Robin is also donating $10,000 to United Service Organizations.

Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer up to $10.

Buffalo Wild Wings: Free small order of traditional or boneless wings with a side of fries.

Chipotle: From 3 p.m. to close, all U.S. military, military spouses and veterans get a buy one get one free burrito, bowl, salad or tacos.

Chili's: Free meal from a special menu.

Olive Garden: Veterans and active duty service members get a free entree.

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Olive Garden ✔ @Olivegarden
    Spread the word – All veterans can enjoy a free entree this Friday! ������������
    8:40 AM - 7 Nov 2016
    366 366 Retweets 409 409 likes
    Cracker Barrel: Free slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake.

Denny's: From 5 a.m. to noon, active, inactive and retired military personnel get a free Build Your Own Grand Slam.

UFC GYM: Active duty and veteran military and their families will receive VIP status at more than 130 locations across the United States from Nov. 11 to Nov. 13. VIP members receive total gym access.

Shoney's: Free all-American burger for veterans and active duty military service members at participating locations across the country. There is a limit of one per day per service member and is only available dine-in.

Bar Louie: Free entrée for active service members and veterans. Throughout the weekend, every time an item is ordered off the restaurant's 'Limited Addition" menu, 10% of sales will be donated to Operation Homefront to support their Emergency Assistance Program.

Tractor Supply Co.: Provide proof of service or military ID and get 15% off entire purchase at Tractor Supply.

Great Clips: Veterans who go to Great Clips for a haircut on Nov. 11 will receive a coupon for a free hair cut valid through Dec. 31.

Golden Corral: Veterans get a free beverage and buffet meal from 5-9 p.m. Nov. 14.

American Family Care: American Family Care urgent care facilities will offer military veterans free flu shots on Veterans Day.

World of Beer: Free beer for all veterans and current service members with military I.D., VA card or proof of service, on Nov. 11 at participating locations. Guests in Ill., Mass., Md., Ohio, Ga., S.C., Ala., Texas, N.C., Va., and N.Y. will receive $5 off any food item due to state laws, World of Beer said in a statement.

Free movie tickets at iPic Theaters : On Nov. 11, all veterans and active duty military can get a free movie ticket by showing proof of service with U.S. uniform services I.D. or in uniform. Here's a list of locations here.

Free entry to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio: Free admission with proof of I.D. to the Pro Football Hall of Fame courtesy of Goodyear. Active military, veterans and up to one guest will receive free admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Veterans Day and through the month of November.

World of Coca-Cola: World of Coca-Cola offers free admission to military members (active duty, reserves and retirees) year-round, but Nov. 11 through Sunday, Nov. 13, members of the Armed Forces can purchase up to four half-price general admission tickets. Must have valid ID.

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    You must be eating a lot during Veterans day then.

I'm just curious.
    You thinking about the marines or something?

You must be eating a lot during Veterans day then.
    In the past I have gone to three different restaurants on Veteran's Day, breakfast lunch and dinner.

-- Capt. Copeland