Poll: Who is right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Toilet Seat Ettiquette

She believes he has to lower the seat after he pees.
    He believes he should lift it before he pees so he doesn't get any on the seat, but his obligation ends there.

Who is right, who is wrong!
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes half a second to raise or lower, who really gives a damn. If it's down and you want it up, lift it, if it's up and you want it down, lower it.

I've spent 5 times longer typing this than it takes to just fucking do it.

I think someone proved that the simplest system in terms of "number of functions" is for both partners to simply leave the seat as they have used it (so down for sitters and up for standers ). Any other system requires unnecessary stages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you pee while standing, you lift the seat.

And always, I mean always, when you leave the toilet, you lower the seat AND close the lid.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If you are basing it purely off of etiquette, then the female is right. Etiquette is pretty consistent that a shared toilet should have the toilet seat left down after use.

If you are basing it off of efficiency, then the logical conclusion is to leave it how you used it. That will lead to less energy being used overall.

If you are basing it off of cleanliness, then the seat and the lid should be lowered before flushing every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If you pee while standing, you lift the seat.
    Absolutely, no argument.

And always, I mean always, when you leave the toilet, you lower the seat AND close the lid.
    You're a monster. A literal monster.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

When I finish, I put the seat down, when my partner finishes, she puts it up

problem solved

She is right, because you can't leave the seat up and close the lid, and the lid should be closed after use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Everyone should sit down to pee, then this wouldn't be an issue. People who stand up to pee are stupid and gross and should be separated from the rest of society because they are animals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Everyone should sit down to pee, then this wouldn't be an issue. People who stand up to pee are stupid and gross and should be separated from the rest of society because they are animals.
    Woot Erin is back! Haven't seen you around here for ages. Welcome back.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I don't lower the seat, many women do ask/demand this, claiming they otherwise fall in the bowl.

Really? Do they walk backwards into the bathroom or something!?

Its just a courtesy from the past, men used to pay for dinner, like holding the door open for women and pulling chairs out for them, but as we live in a free and equal society we dont have to do it anymore.
    Last edited by Emode; 2017-03-17 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Woot Erin is back! Haven't seen you around here for ages. Welcome back.
    Apparently I have to come back because while I'm away, people get deviant ideas like thinking it's okay to stand up to pee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually sit down and pee... :/ So this is a non-problem for me. But if you're living with a female, probably should put the seat down after you're done. Better yet everyone should close the toilet when you flush.

You should put the seat and cover down before flushing anyway, be civilised and don't get disgusting toilet spray everywhere.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Well first you'd have to assume, that this is really an issue. Which it is not where I live, we basically have other stuff to worry about.

Then, if you (as a man, not assuming anything, but I believe homosexual couples don't have this issue.), really have a girlfriend, who is bothered by this kind of stuff, and you don't ditch her, because that's the only issue with her, then just leave the toilet with the lid down.

Why?
    Because, she can't be mat at you since the seat is actually down. But she still hs to maneuver the toilet somehow to use it, which is satisfactory for you, since you have to put up with this nonsense crap.

Win-Win.

The lid should always be closed after use so there's no reason NOT to lower it after peeing. Just lazy not to.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    She believes he has to lower the seat after he pees.
    He believes he should lift it before he pees so he doesn't get any on the seat, but his obligation ends there.

Who is right, who is wrong!
    If you had a clue you'll know to close the lid to reduce the amount of mist that goes flying when you flush.

Basic hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Adults don't give a shit about whether it's raised or lowered
    Excuse my ignorance..
    But, don't speak for all of us adults.
    People without manners, without any sense of hygiene don't give a shit, probably even literally...
    Everyone else makes sure that thing is closed after use. Reasons, several.
    Which ones? Figure it out.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I've always had pets, which means lid down whenever not in use.