Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That'd make sense, it would be quite dependant on where your higher ilvl pieces are. Although my druid has legendary ring+neck so dunno.
    Yea, who knows, chalk it up to blizzard's weird systems lol. Durability it's such a weird thing to have them continue with after all these years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Doubt it. Rings, Necklaces, Cloaks and trinkets have no durability to start with.
    I think the thought behind it was moreso, the higher the ilvl, the more it costs to repair, so others who have 940 legendaries in slots that need to be repaired, have to pay more. Than people who have 940s in slots that don't need to be repaired.

In our guild before we stopped raiding recently, we let people do what they wanted with theirs. Some traded them away, some didn't.

If your guild is supplying ALL enchants/food/flasks/repairs, I don't see what they're doing as a problem, especially if no one really provides the money for it. Has to come somewhere, y'know?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    We were using BoEs to fill our banks for repairs and such since for ever. When they changed how BoEs dropped in HfC noone complained about giving them to the PM, just like the game had given them to the PM in the raids before.
    And just as an example for how fair this system is: our hunter got 3 belts in a single raid evening. Our tank got 2 cloaks in one ID. Other people have gotten none since the Raid released.
    When a BoE drops we will ask if someone needs it. After that, it'll be on the bank to purchase for twinks and such for 1/2 AH price. After that, the PM will sell it and put the money on the bank.
    No complaints so far.

And no, we don't have "that player" who plays all day and puts all his money and effort into supplying the guild bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    5/10 Mythic is "semi-casual"?
    Is semi casual any different to saying semi hardcore ? I don't think it is.. It's the same thing.

My guild is 5-10 mythic too and we raid 2 nights a week. I consider that to be casual.

Deleted
    We are causal guild currently 9/10HC - we agreed that if BoE drops and player wants it to equip he can keep it. If player dosent want it and someone wants it for main spec its distributed through our loot system (KSK) if noone wants it for main spec palyer who recieved BoE can keep it for alts or sell it.

It is down to the looter what they do with it but most will trade it to the guild and when it sells on the AH they get half the amount back.

The rest goes to the raiding fund. We get Vantus runes supplied when we are near a kill but only occasionally a cauldron. Never enchants or food (unless someone is really struggling then we have a "poor" fund set up).

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd sell all the BOEs that weren't upgrades and it'd go to the gbank. But in addition to providing the regular raiding mats, at the start of expansions the gbank would be used to create darkmoon cards, buy useful BOEs, and generally do whatever we could use gold for to get everyone ready for the first tier. But as we sold runs later in the xpac there would be a set level of the gbank that we wanted to reach where we'd then start splitting sales gold between the gbank and raiders, then at the full level we wanted in the gbank it'd all go to raiders. Personally I'd much rather do it that way then hope I happened to get a BOE early in a tier to sell for a good profit.

Deleted
    Just to clarify 'taking boes' means using our normal loot system to determine whether anyone wants the gear, then the officers sell them on the AH if no-one wants said item. We had a trial who claimed it was ok for him to take a boe, not mention it dropped (dropped during a break so no-one noticed) claimimg it was entirely ok for him to not give it after being asked by an officer to give it to him, instead stating he had no money (despite as said earlier, the guild provides flasks+food+enchants to everyone for free). seems to me he fucked up, because he gets so much free stuff and doing something like that as a trial isn't exactly proving yourself to be a good guildie.

We kept them, while we provided flasks/runes/vantus/repairs.

Back before trash drops were forced PL, we took them all as well to sell and pay for repairs. In pugs/alt runs obviously we let people keep what they get. But if its a full guild progression run, its every right of the guild to take the drops if they are providing any services to the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    We had a trial who claimed it was ok for him to take a boe, not mention it dropped (dropped during a break so no-one noticed) claimimg it was entirely ok for him to not give it after being asked by an officer to give it to him, instead stating he had no money (despite as said earlier, the guild provides flasks+food+enchants to everyone for free). seems to me he fucked up, because he gets so much free stuff and doing something like that as a trial isn't exactly proving yourself to be a good guildie.
    TRIAL. That's a bit different than a regular raider who will, week in and week out get consumables. For all that trial knows, they might have been declined in which case why should they hand over a BOE when they wouldn't be getting the benefit?=

Back when I guild raided the BoE's would be given to those who it was an upgrade for and to be equipped. Unsurprising the couple times someone gquit and went to sell said BoE was the already flaky types. BoE's not needed was sold and gold was put back into the gbank which went to repairs and buying consumables.

The whole PL for trash drops does change things. My previous guilds would of likely just let those who got them to keep them. At our level and large imbalance in sharing among the guild the gbank itself was a large source of drama as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    We kept them, while we provided flasks/runes/vantus/repairs.

Back before trash drops were forced PL, we took them all as well to sell and pay for repairs. In pugs/alt runs obviously we let people keep what they get. But if its a full guild progression run, its every right of the guild to take the drops if they are providing any services to the raid.
    I am still not a fan of loot drops off trash and have found the use of BoE gear from raids a minor flavor that could be done away with completely with no minor impact on those who benefit from them while reducing the drama associated with them.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-18 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    TRIAL. That's a bit different than a regular raider who will, week in and week out get consumables. For all that trial knows, they might have been declined in which case why should they hand over a BOE when they wouldn't be getting the benefit?=
    But if they were passing trial why should they get to keep it??
    Shadow Priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aikus/advanced
    Divine Council, my guild that is always looking for more exceptional players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well the guy has been taken to progression runs and provided with gear and everything a normal raider gets. If I was in his situation, a trial, I would be even more keen to hand over the BOE to show that I understood guild rules and wanted to stick around and contribute. Either he's Greedy/Ignorant, wants to jump ship, or has been given a reason (i'm not an officer so I don't know) that he won't be around long.

I'm in a 7/10M guild. BoEs go to raiders if they're upgrades, otherwise they're put on the AH by the ML.

Just to clarify 'taking boes' means using our normal loot system to determine whether anyone wants the gear, then the officers sell them on the AH if no-one wants said item. We had a trial who claimed it was ok for him to take a boe, not mention it dropped (dropped during a break so no-one noticed) claimimg it was entirely ok for him to not give it after being asked by an officer to give it to him, instead stating he had no money (despite as said earlier, the guild provides flasks+food+enchants to everyone for free). seems to me he fucked up, because he gets so much free stuff and doing something like that as a trial isn't exactly proving yourself to be a good guildie.
    Well, I'd just kick him out of the guild.
    Last edited by honung; 2017-03-18 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the guy has been taken to progression runs and provided with gear and everything a normal raider gets. If I was in his situation, a trial, I would be even more keen to hand over the BOE to show that I understood guild rules and wanted to stick around and contribute. Either he's Greedy/Ignorant, wants to jump ship, or has been given a reason (i'm not an officer so I don't know) that he won't be around long.
    OK, that's bit different (a lot of guilds don't give trials gear etc). But I wouldn't hand over 25-50k gold to a guild that hasn't committed to me, either. "Here guys, have a bunch of gold to pay for the consumables... oh wait, you're declining me? Uh..."

That's one more reason to make quick decisions on trials, in my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    But if they were passing trial why should they get to keep it??
    My point is that if the trial is still a trial then the guild hasn't passed them and they could end up handing over a BoE to help a raid that they might not be part of going forward. If the person was a regular raider? Then yeah, giving the BoE to the guild makes sense if they're providing me value back over time in the form of consumables.

Deleted

Cool

Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?
    To all who don't want to share their BOE's with guild - don't loot it when it drops, after you zone out of the raid you will get it in your mail (there wont be guild news entry for your item so no1 will know), send it to lvl 1-9 alt and sell on ah. PROFIT.

Deleted
    We treat it as normal loot, unless noone wants it for MS, then it's sold for money that pays for repairs.

We have them trade it to an officer, and it goes out like normal loot, via loot council. If no one needs it mainspec, it goes back to the person it dropped for to do with as they please.

That should be the philosophy, imo:

Mainspec need > individual's right to the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Codegen View Post
    To all who don't want to share their BOE's with guild - don't loot it when it drops, after you zone out of the raid you will get it in your mail (there wont be guild news entry for your item so no1 will know), send it to lvl 1-9 alt and sell on ah. PROFIT.
    Also, if I found out one of my raiders was doing this, ever, they'd be kicked from the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Back when I guild raided the BoE's would be given to those who it was an upgrade for and to be equipped. Unsurprising the couple times someone gquit and went to sell said BoE was the already flaky types. BoE's not needed was sold and gold was put back into the gbank which went to repairs and buying consumables.

The whole PL for trash drops does change things. My previous guilds would of likely just let those who got them to keep them. At our level and large imbalance in sharing among the guild the gbank itself was a large source of drama as is.

I am still not a fan of loot drops off trash and have found the use of BoE gear from raids a minor flavor that could be done away with completely with no minor impact on those who benefit from them while reducing the drama associated with them.
    Why is there drama though? Players who are greedy enough to make a fuss about gold from boes belong nowhere near guilds I want to be a part of. Guilds need some influx of gold to provide repairs and consumables. For most guilds, 90% of that flow is from BoEs. Some guilds sell carries, sure, but the vast majority don't.