Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seeing Celebrities

It seems that selfies with celebrities these days have taken over from autographs.
    But some celebrities are starting to get really annoyed at being stopped for a selfie.

Justin Bieiber is in Sydney Australia at the moment. And even though I do not like his music, I cannot help but feel sorry for the guy.
    He is basically being stalked at every fast food restaurant that he visits in Sydney by hordes of teenage girls & the odd males.

I mean these teenage girls are really in his space. And the other day he had cameras in his face at McDonalds

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...99877c0079a07d

Are there any celebrities that you would want a Selfie with..??

I would like a selfie with some certain World leaders, Dustin Hoffman (my fave actor) and Robert Downey Jnr,
    and Aaron Rodgers (Green Bays Quarterback)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

And I don't feel bad for them.

95% of celebrities are satanists anyway. Let them drown.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he doesn't like it, why is he even there? Who makes him go?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    In my view there's a difference between celebrity and fame. If that was someone who happens to be famous but is notoriously private and low key sitting in that chair; Daniel Day-Lewis for example, then this kind of intrusion would annoy me. But someone who courts the attention of teenage girls and built their whole career from maintaining that constant attention? Not so much. This is part of what you sign up for as a celebrity and is a fair trade for the millions of dollars these people make.

As for taking selfies with celebrities, I don't know...If I just saw someone famous I wouldn't care, but if I was a massive fan of their work I'd probably try to talk to them if it wasn't rude or intrusive to do so.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-03-18 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If he doesn't like it, why is he even there? Who makes him go?
    Well you know what social media is like these days.

He goes out for a quiet lunch, and 1 teenage girl sees him and posts it on facebook etc

Within 1/4 of an hour there are 20 teenage girls watching him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he kind of relies on this kind of popularity in his business, so I don't see how he can complain about a horde of teenager girls stalking him, when he gets millions from event organizers inviting all these girls to his shows.

That said, the degree of me caring about "celebrities" can be measured with this program:

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Want to be a celebrity? This is the price you pay. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

He goes out for a quiet lunch, and 1 teenage girl sees him and posts it on facebook etc

No, dude, he goes out to the plebs place for plebs to see him. If he wanted a quite lunch he would've ordered a delivery. So either someone makes him go or he gains something from going.

If he goes out for a quite lunch which is then ruined by 1 teenage girl and he complains - he's an idiot. Unless it's a PR stunt of course.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

last I've heard teenagers don't use FB anymore.
    Something ones parents use is definitely not cool enough for the trendy kiddo.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

On the other hand, Russell Crowe (Gladiator, L.A Confidential) is part of the Sydney Australia furniture
    and does not get confronted in the street, except by the odd paparazzi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It seems rather selfish to bother people out and about taking care of their business just because they're famous.
    It seems rather selfish to be a celebrity who lives off popularity and then expect to be left alone in public places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... celebrities generally do more than just exist while famous. That they're celebrities in the first place is usually because they were very successful at whatever their actual career is because simply being famous is not in and of itself a source of income. But, hey, yeah, OK. Just keep doing whatever this weird little celebrity haterade fetish you've got going on in this thread is.
    I specifically said "a celebrity who lives off popularity". What part of it did you miss? Why are you arguing a strawman?

No. Couldn't care less for most 'celebs' anyways ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... celebrities generally do more than just exist while famous. That they're celebrities in the first place is usually because they were very successful at whatever their actual career is because simply being famous is not in and of itself a source of income. But, hey, yeah, OK. Just keep doing whatever this weird little celebrity haterade fetish you've got going on in this thread is.
    Think again...
    Kardashian, Chrisley, Honey boo boo.. Just three examples.
    Accomplished absolutely nothing, famous just because...

I want to agree with you, since it would be all the right reasons. But that's not how the 21th century works anymore.
    Nowadays you can be a celebrity without contributing anything of use ever.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    A celebrity living off popularity isn't talented... They're celebrities due to attention

I agree talented celebrities like artists shouldn't have to become hermits because of plebs

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    that is the worst part of being famous guy/girl

you cannot enjoy your own space.

though, brock lesnar manages to do his own space by force, tough guy

It would suck to have to worry about that sort of thing because they're a celebrity. They have a right to enjoy their lives outside of their work too. If you want to meet a celebrity be respectful. Do it somewhere that they invite it. For example, I met Lindsey Stirling last summer at her concert. She holds meet and greets so that she can meet with her fans in a controlled environment.

If you see a celebrity that you like when you're out just say hi to them and move on. If they want to talk to you at that moment then they likely will. Just be respectful.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I really have zero interest in any type of celebrity, so I wouldn't be interested in their autograph or photo or anything. As for feeling sorry for them, not really. They have enough money to pay for privacy.

Well as a general rule I think approaching celebs while out in public is a no no. In Jay Beibs case I really don't give a shit though, most of what I hear about him makes him look like a complete asshole.

I was at a Starbucks nearly a decade ago (I was 19-20). My husband and I were moving into our first apartment, and buying a futon at a place next door. We were just chilling there, taking a break. I had to use the restroom, so I got up and immediately collided with a VERY tall man. He apparently hadn't seen me (I'm 5'3) since I only came up to his bicep.

I looked up at him to apologize. Only to be completely floored! I collided with David Robinson (retired, San Antonio Spurs)! He smiled at me, apologized for nearly trampling me and shook my hand when I said 'No problem'. He went on about his business. I was the one that ran into him. He was exceedingly polite. People didn't bug him either. The Spurs are all over the place, and heavily involved with the city. So it's not unusual to see them. I've met Sean Elliott and Tony Parker, too. My uncle used to be the marketing advisor for SACU, and was always getting invited to Spurs games.

People seem to forget they're normal people with or without talent, depending on who they are. They don't crap gold just because they make massive amounts of money :P