Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Your argument is invalid, as in this pony has a condo.

I have to use /s more often.

They need to fix their /sarcdar. Mine went off when I read your first post. lol
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The wall is a waste of money, it is however a good metaphor. The easiest way to prevent illegal immigration is to stop incentivizing it. Prison sentences for local and state government officials that don't comply with ICE and fines and prison for employers that hire illegals. It's only rampant here because big business makes billions off of what is essentially slave labor, the democrats succeed in making America less European via the whacky interpretation of the 14th amendment and those same interests control the media that 90% of the public watches.
    Pretty much this, seems like a waste of money to build a fence when we are loosely enforcing the laws we already have on the books for illegal immigrants. It would be one thing if we faced the same problems from Mexicans that Israeli's face from their bloodthirsty neighbors, but we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump won for whatever reasons Trumpkins want to mock you for today.

When the reality is Trump won because he promised people jobs.
    you don't think the backlash against the lefts obsession with identity politics and inter-sectionality contributed to Trumps Election?

10+ Year Old Account
    The wall is a waste of money, it is however a good metaphor. The easiest way to prevent illegal immigration is to stop incentivizing it. Prison sentences for local and state government officials that don't comply with ICE and fines and prison for employers that hire illegals. It's only rampant here because big business makes billions off of what is essentially slave labor, the democrats succeed in making America less European via the whacky interpretation of the 14th amendment and those same interests control the media that 90% of the public watches.
    Paying billions of dollars for a "metaphor" is the same as paying billions of dollars for nothing.

Illegal immigrants usually come over to the United States legally and overstay their visas.

No wall will stop that, no matter how many billions are poured into the blank check, or how much land you have to reposes from American citizens to build it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    you don't think the backlash against the lefts obsession with identity politics and inter-sectionality contributed to Trumps Election?

We were talking about this post here.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not really... I guess your point would be because a wall is scalable with effort it is utterly ineffective?

You realize Trump is currently president for mocking people like you right? You are pretty much campaigning for his reelection.

So which is it. Did he win because he was able to mock people. Or did he win because "we" mocked people?

Or is it ok when Trump mocks people, but no one else can do it?

Fences have their use. A means to curb immigrant is not one of them.. A 2000 mile fence will also, not work.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account

You think far too much of the jaded Bernie bros and people outraged by "tumblristas."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Paying billions of dollars for a "metaphor" is the same as paying billions of dollars for nothing.

Illegal immigrants usually come over to the United States legally and overstay their visas.

No wall will stop that, no matter how many billions are poured into the blank check, or how much land you have to reposes from American citizens to build it.
    I've seen this before, and I think someone linked the 2015 year numbers that showed more visa overstays than illegal entries, but of the 11 million total illegal immigrants the best estimates seem to rest at around 40% visa overstays. Meaning, the majority of illegal immigrants are here by illegally entering the United States.

If you have other data I'm open to it.

But the idea that unless all illegal immigration is from illegal entry a wall is good for nothing doesn't make sense to me. It seems like that's what you're saying.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-03-18 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    We were talking about this post here.

So which is it. Did he win because he was able to mock people. Or did he win because "we" mocked people?

Or is it ok when Trump mocks people, but no one else can do it?
    He won because he was far better at mocking people then the people who mocked him. He turned every adversary he faced into a joke then they played along. You can't beat him that way.

The professional victims who bitch about things like the war on christmas and white genocide would have voted republican even if a literal turd sandwich ran on the ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    He won because he was far better at mocking people then the people who mocked him. He turned every adversary he faced into a joke then they played along. You can't beat him that way.

Funny thing is. This answer is different for every person I ask. If you ask me, nobody really knows why/how he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    The wall worked for China, it will work for US as well.

Your argument is invalid.
    Sweet. Slavery is now legal, and the 2000 year project can commence.

*finger snap*

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they buy ANYTHING in the Us they are paying taxes.

- - - Updated - - -
    But the wealthy, like Donald Trump buy lots of things, so you can't ever say that the rich don't pay taxes
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Funny thing is. This answer is different for every person I ask. If you ask me, nobody really knows why/how he won.
    Right...thats why you will be surprised when he wins again...

You have to kind of take a step back from Trump to see how he won. What he did will be studied there has never really been a upset like him before in the political world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    But the wealthy, like Donald Trump buy lots of things, so you can't ever say that the rich don't pay taxes

Good thing I have never said that? Not sure why you even replied that to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Right...thats why you will be surprised when he wins again...

You have to kind of take a step back from Trump to see how he won. What he did will be studied there has never really been a upset like him before in the political world.

So your answer is right and every other reason I have heard is wrong? Gotcha.....

A portion, sure. But most Trump voters have no idea what either of those concepts are. He's white, made amazing promises that would work on the right people, and they've seen him on TV, so he was the obvious choice. That sounds demeaning / belittling, but if you have any other explanation for it, be my guest.

Credit where it's due however. He worked the media exactly as he needed to, played the correct states the correct way, won the EC in a landslide despite losing popular vote by a large margin, and here we are. *shrug* If he doesn't resign or get impeached before the 2018 elections, hopefully democrats can scrounge up enough votes to take positions back, and leave him hog tied for his remaining 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    A portion, sure. But most Trump voters have no idea what either of those concepts are. He's white, made amazing promises that would work on the right people, and they've seen him on TV, so he was the obvious choice. That sounds demeaning / belittling, but if you have any other explanation for it, be my guest.

Credit where it's due however. He worked the media exactly as he needed to, played the correct states the correct way, won the EC in a landslide despite losing popular vote by a large margin, and here we are. *shrug* If he doesn't resign or get impeached before the 2018 elections, hopefully democrats can scrounge up enough votes to take positions back, and leave him hog tied for his remaining 2 years.

Don't think it will be that hard for us to get an extra 100k votes between 3 states.

Good thing I have never said that? Not sure why you even replied that to me.

- - - Updated - - -

So your answer is right and every other reason I have heard is wrong? Gotcha.....
    Seems so.... but I dare venture out of my bubbles...

Hell why do you think im here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems so.... but I dare venture out of my bubbles...

Hell why do you think im here?

Probably same reason as me. Shits and giggles.

And maybe the small chance I might see something that changes my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

I think even if people couldn't identify the terms used to describe the phenomena, they were aware of it, and it stuck in their craw. I don't think it was a massive factor, but I think it was a factor.

Those mexican laborers and California aren't paying ss taxes. If you had to pay taxes you wouldn't hire illegals
    People do work with false or stolen papers. It is how people get around e verify. There are plenty of illegal immigrants paying into systems they will never get anything back from.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."