We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Endless BSOD Windows 10

I've that problem on my PC, "memory management" + "critical process died" they are random, i get them when i try to shut down the PC (from start of course). I get bsod and the way to turn off the PC is keep power bottom, any tip? here is my config:

RAM: DDR3 1600 8GB CL9 Corsair 2x4GB Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600
    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3,5GHz - 14MB Cache - 95W (VISHERA)
    MB: ASROCK 970 Extreme3 R2.0
    GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE GTS 450
    CD-DVD: LiteOn iHAS124
    COOLER CPU: Arctic Alpine 64 Pro R2 939
    COOLER CASE: Arctic Cooling F12 PWM 120mm
    CASE: BitFenix Merc Beta
    SSD: Crucial M500 240 GB
    PSU: Thermaltake SMART M450W

So start by swapping out the memory and see if it still happens. Also you could try reinstalling windows.
    Things are exactly as they seem.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So start by swapping out the memory and see if it still happens. Also you could try reinstalling windows.
    Already done that, also got the problem about RAM (8GB but usable 3.96) fixed swapping RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krahz View Post
    Already done that, also got the problem about RAM (8GB but usable 3.96) fixed swapping RAM.
    That sounds more like you're using a 32-bit OS to me. Hit Start -> Settings -> System -> About. Roughly half-way down the page it will show "System type". Does that show as 32-bit or 64-bit?
    Main: Cilraaz | Aerie Peak 110s: Jadorin, Zahmer, Qelar, Roobi | Aerie Peak 100+s: Allisu
    | My Twitch Channel

Blademaster
    Sounds like you eighther have a RAM-problem or you do have a 32-bit system (unlikely it's the case)

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    That sounds more like you're using a 32-bit OS to me. Hit Start -> Settings -> System -> About. Roughly half-way down the page it will show "System type". Does that show as 32-bit or 64-bit?
    No, i've always used a 64 bit OS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maverixx View Post
    Sounds like you eighther have a RAM-problem or you do have a 32-bit system (unlikely it's the case)
    What you mean?

AMD

That is your problem.

Infracted - Mythbredor
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2017-03-20 at 04:03 PM.

If you are certain you're using a 64 bit OS then it seems either a ram stick isn't seated properly (remove both sticks and insert again, firmly), isn't working properly (test one stick at a time to confirm both work), or that a memory slot on the motherboard isn't working (once you've confirmed both sticks work in one slot, try placing the other stick in another of the 3 remaining slots. You'll want to pair them correctly according to your MB instructions to ensure you get dual channel performance out of them, typically slot 1&2 / 3&4 or 1&3 / 2&4.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    If you are certain you're using a 64 bit OS then it seems either a ram stick isn't seated properly (remove both sticks and insert again, firmly), isn't working properly (test one stick at a time to confirm both work), or that a memory slot on the motherboard isn't working (once you've confirmed both sticks work in one slot, try placing the other stick in another of the 3 remaining slots. You'll want to pair them correctly according to your MB instructions to ensure you get dual channel performance out of them, typically slot 1&2 / 3&4 or 1&3 / 2&4.
    I try slot 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    Used all day with RAM on 3-4, still same problem

Isn't BSOD a hidden feature of Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Krahz View Post
    No, i've always used a 64 bit OS
    Not that I'm doubting, but I think they're just looking for you to confirm that it's 64 bit after you reinstalled windows as noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Not that I'm doubting, but I think they're just looking for you to confirm that it's 64 bit after you reinstalled windows as noted above.
    Yeah i'll confirm you that i've a 64 bit OS

Is this a fresh install of Windows? Cause if not, maybe you should fresh install it.

The BSOD should have a QR code you can scan to get more help with your problem. If you can't scan the QR code, at least let us know what the message says when the machine is BSODing.

Could try running with each stick individually to make sure one of the modules isn't dead. Does it register the full amount in the System control panel, e.g.:

"Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (3.96GB usable)"?

If so either you're on a 32-bit OS, which you mention you are not (this is also visible in the System control panel) or Windows is borked (though you also mentioned you've reinstalled that, so unlikely); otherwise you're likely experiencing a hardware problem with either the CPU, motherboard, or RAM.

You can also go into Event Viewer > System and check for error reports around the time the computer last BSODed, should have an 0x code you/we can research.

I'd be curious to see an image of your System control panel.
    Super casual.

Windows started saying you have x usable with Windows 10. My machine at work says 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable) in system properties and 17.5/31.9 GB in task manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Is this a fresh install of Windows? Cause if not, maybe you should fresh install it.
    Yeah, i resetted it evry major release

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The BSOD should have a QR code you can scan to get more help with your problem. If you can't scan the QR code, at least let us know what the message says when the machine is BSODing.
    I've done that one time, found no solutions from Microsoft pages

- - - Updated - - -

I've solved it, back to Windows 7, and think about, not a single problem or BSOD, i think i've older hardware to run Windows 10 without problems, even if the first release give me no problems, thank you all for help

You are not alone. I've also been getting lots of BSODs for the last few weeks (okay, "lots" being about one every two or three days but still)

Few things I would do.

#1 Run CrystalDiskInfo and see the status of your drive. SSDs don't go bad easy, but they do go bad. So run that program to see if there's anything out of place.

#2 Reinstall Windows. Windows update can break things and this maybe related to that.

#3 Run memtest86 to see if there's any ram errors.

Alternatively you can download Linux Mint 18.1 and the boot up menu has memtest86. Also if you really want to see if this is a hardware or software issue, you can try install Linux Mint and see if you have issues shutting down the PC. If you're going to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows, you can do a quick install of Linux Mint to test for stability. Cause if this issue happens to Linux Mint, then you have a hardware issue most likely.