Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What a Hero you are, an outstanding example for all of humanity to actually to enjoy your wife's company, i am deeply impressed by this novel concept. If only everyone in the world could live by your example i am sure the patriarchy would crumble and a true era of equality where women are finally respected will follow. Its up to folks like you to put those horrid arrogant, self-centered chauvinist in their place, like this guy for making such a sexist joke or like Dr Matt Taylor for his audacity to were a shirt. Truly you have cut the head off of sexists world wide by endorsing the public ridicule of such individuals. I applaud you and your fellow social morality police for taking up the mantle that the religious right tarnished to help usher us into utopia.
    Your sarcasm is noted. It doesn't seem particularly clever, and it doesn't really seem to have much of a point, but it's noted.

If you were attempting to insult me, you failed miserably. I also had to look up Matt Taylor to remember who he was, and in point of fact I have no problem with sexual depictions of either gender, so long as they don't bother anyone present.

Not sure what else you want here. My point wasn't to do any of the nonsense you talked about, and I was not attempting to be any kind of "moral police". I was responding to a person who deliberately insulted me by telling me I should enjoy spending time without my wife. It's really as simple as that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    So you got no problems with me calling your boss and getting you fired for stating something offensive on the internetz? Even when what you said wasnt intended to be offensive in any way, shape or form?

If you do, you're a hypocrite. If you dont, you've lost. Game over.
    If you can find my bosses number you are more than free to try. My boss will laugh at you and tell you to shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Let met start by saying directly, I don't support any political side because their opinions are kinda horrible. However, the electoral system isn't flawed. The popular vote can nearly be taken by New York and California in the united states, meaning 2 major states crush the population in major numbers. This would skew economic, political, and other governmental areas to be more adept to the needs of those states. Now the problem with that is, our states vary drastically in terms of needs and wants. The electoral system is to make it so the STATES vote on the president, not the people. The people vote for their states vote more or less, not directly for the president.
    Not only can't the popular vote by crushed by these two states, or any two states, but so what? How is "skewing economic, political and other governmental areas" towards the actual majority a bad thing in a democracy? And state-level needs should be covered by the states. Otherwise they are pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the pro- and anti-PC snowflakes on both sides vastly overestimate how much influence political correctness had on this election when most of Trump's key EC wins came from rust belt states whose manufacturing and coal mining economies died out and who vocally voted for him because he promised to bring their industries back. But whatever lets the never-ending keyboard war continue, I guess.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I think the pro- and anti-PC snowflakes on both sides vastly overestimate how much influence political correctness had on this election when most of Trump's key EC wins came from rust belt states whose manufacturing and coal mining economies died out and who vocally voted for him because he promised to bring their industries back. But whatever lets the never-ending keyboard war continue, I guess.

This is false. Trumps key victory came from 3 states that mostly vote blue, ended up voting for him by a margin of 100k votes between all 3 states.

If not for those 3 states he barely won. Trump would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What a coincidence...

Its almost like the label was meant as a pejorative mocking their practices which fall in line exactly with the practices of the Christian Right.
    Apparently being left prevents you from being conservative in any and all areas of life. Because conservatism is binary or something.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Apparently being left prevents you from being conservative in any and all areas of life. Because conservatism is binary or something.

Wonder if his head would explode if he knew I was a dirty liberal that loves guns.

Colin Moriarty. If it looks like an asshole, has a name like an asshole, and tweets like an asshole. Then it's probably any asshole. Another asshole got his comeuppance. Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I think it's quite hard to tease apart individual voting motives - most people aren't one issue voters. The blatantly anti-white, anti-male rhetoric of the extreme left cannot have helped. The subtler, but still present versions of the same from high-ranking Democrats cannot have helped. People will only countenance so much vilification before they turn against their haters or at least lose enthusiasm for bothering to show up and vote against their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think it's quite hard to tease apart individual voting motives - most people aren't one issue voters. The blatantly anti-white, anti-male rhetoric of the extreme left cannot have helped. The subtler, but still present versions of the same from high-ranking Democrats cannot have helped. People will only countenance so much vilification before they turn against their haters or at least lose enthusiasm for bothering to show up and vote against their own interests.
    What do you mean with anti-white?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats were hoping that they could simply build a coalition of non-white ethnic groups, held together by antagonism towards white people, specifically men and they gambled (and lost) on the idea that all women, including white women, would form a kind of Feminist voting bloc that would grant the DNC eternal power.

The assumption also being the White vote would split between themselves and Conservatives and ensure them complete power forever. Of course it turns out the Hispanic coalition isn't a unified thing, and with the example of George Zimmerman and intermarriage among Hispanics, that might not be something to hope for. And the Feminist bloc never took off. Also white working class people formed their own identity group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    What do you mean with anti-white?
    Such as the DNC-promoted "Bernie Bros" rhetoric.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The spectacular hypocrisy of, "I can make that joke, I'm one of the good people" is almost too much to be believed.
    It's amazing really.

"You have a certain viewpoint (which has something to do with 'context', because reasons). Thus, you can't make a little quip that can relate to almost anyone whose ever had a spouse ever"

Never change precious little pudding pops.

Never. Change.

Ugh I'm not getting this. Most people voted based on the economy. They wanted jobs, Trump promised them jobs. Most people in the key states that Trump won probably don't even know about the cultural war we are having right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Such as the DNC-promoted "Bernie Bros" rhetoric.
    The Bernie bros rhetoric had nothing to do with race, but the fact that bernie voters were suckers and members of a cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Ugh I'm not getting this. Most people voted based on the economy. They wanted jobs, Trump promised them jobs. Most people in the key states that Trump won probably don't even know about the cultural war we are having right now.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bernie bros rhetoric had nothing to do with race, but the fact that bernie voters were suckers and members of a cult.
    I'd take it a step further and say that this culture war's biggest battlefield is in millenials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Look at you, still valiantly trying to push the conversation off topic because you know you don't have a leg to stand on if you addressed my actual statement.
    Do you live in some alternate reality? I addressed your point head on. Your point was that such people want to move the society in a new direction and as such can't be called regressive. Which I addressed specifically twice, explained why authoritarianism they preach isn't a new direction and even gave a more specific example that you asked for. So do tell me more about how "I don't have a leg to stand on if I addressed your actual statement". If anything was trying to push the conversation off topic was you trying to dismiss my point by lumping me in with the term you're also dismissing. But it just so happens I can point the horseshit you spew without actually using that term myself. Magic. And you flailing around with smokescreen like you did right now instead of acknowledging it is more disingenuous pathology on your part. I'll repeat my inquiry then, ye o paragon of integrity, quote me using that term here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    lol. u funy mane.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no double standard.

I don't have an issue with people getting bent out of shape over stuff. I might take issue with the REASON they got bent out of shape, but not that they did.

People are attacking me for pointing out that the joke's a little sexist, because nobody should take offense to stuff like that. Despite them clearly having taken offense to my remarks. Which makes their position hypocritical.

I don't think getting bent out of shape over something is automatically "bad". There's no hypocrisy on my end.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't vote for him, and couldn't vote in that election regardless, since I'm not American.

Blaming my views for Trump's victory is just wildly off-base. I don't have that kind of power, and even if I did, it would be why Trudeau got elected (who I also didn't vote for, FWIW).
    Look Ma, backpedaling!

You didn't say "that joke is a little sexist" You said it was BLATENTLY SEXIST, and that only sexists would find it funny.

The spectacular hypocrisy of, "I can make that joke, I'm one of the good people" is almost too much to be believed.
    It really isn't if you notice the user name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It's amazing really.

"You have a certain viewpoint (which has something to do with 'context', because reasons). Thus, you can't make a little quip that can relate to almost anyone whose ever had a spouse ever"

Never change precious little pudding pops.

Never. Change.

My questions for you is. When does it stop being a joke and become in insult? Or is it always a joke and can never be insulting to anyone?