Deleted

Question Should Blizzard Add a 3rd Faction??

My question is, wouldnt the game benefit alot with this new faction??, i believe it would bring in more subs to the game because people would be really excited to play an new race in new faction. The only issue i can see, is that if blizzard makes the 3rd faction have bis racials etc then horde+alliance pop will lower alot because people will pay big money to move there, so it would need to have balanced racials.

Plus with the new 3rd faction, i believe will love to play through a new story behind the new race.

Race suggestions i got (please add some if you know of any good ones):

1) Ethereals
    2) Arakkoa
    3) Vrykul
    4) Ogre's
    5) Naga
    6) High Elves

What do you guys think?

What do these guys have in common to join a faction together?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimgorr View Post
    What do these guys have in common to join a faction together?
    its a suggestion bro , not saying all of them have to be added but its an example

Imagine, Naga riding a horse, so fun

I'd rather they remove factions so you can play with anyone rather than add another one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Imagine, Naga riding a horse, so fun
    im sure some magic wave should do the trick xD jk.

maybe add murlocs instead of them :P ?

Deleted
    I'd rather see an option to go neutral. If you want to pvp, you can pick to merc for the alliance or horde, but a group who go "This faction war is pointless, can we please focus on the demons trying to kill us all kthnxbai?"

Like, it's not even like it would be confusion pvp wise to wonder if the night elf you see is on your side or the other, no one's mentioned an issue with Pandaran's yet.

[I know this will never happen, but it seems more likely than making a whole new six races and countless models for those races to wear]

No?

If anything I'd like to have an option to betray my current faction and join the opposite one. They can even make it into paid service, like make it available for free via quest for the first time, but any further faction swaps should be purchased from in-game store.

As for having 3 factions in WoW, there's no benefit, addition of 3rd faction will fragment community even more. Almost all servers are one-sided anyway, balanced realms are extremely rare, you can pretty much ignore their existence.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-27 at 01:22 PM.

Not at all. It's actually the other way around - there were several reasons why they had to bring the two existing factions closer together and mirror them more - for example class & encounter design and leveling zones. It's also reflected in the lore.

Story-wise, a 3rd faction wouldn't make sense. In fact, there are 2 other factions. They're just not playable. But that's how the "lore map" lays out.
    The big picture of the plot is that there are inhabitants of Azeroth who are trying not to get screwed by two separate overwhelming threats. You're either a civilisation on Azeroth, or you're the threat. In this case, we're the civilization.

There's a catchy dualism to Alliance Vs. Horde. Similar goals, lots of differences, common enemy. It makes for the needed amount of controversy in between, but stays straight-forward enough for people to identify. Humans like that kind of shit. Red vs. blue, us vs. them. A third faction would dillute this kind of mainstream dualism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    My question is, wouldnt the game benefit alot with this new faction??, i believe it would bring in more subs to the game because people would be really excited to play an new race in new faction. The only issue i can see, is that if blizzard makes the 3rd faction have bis racials etc then horde+alliance pop will lower alot because people will pay big money to move there, so it would need to have balanced racials.

Plus with the new 3rd faction, i believe will love to play through a new story behind the new race.

1) Ethereals
    2) Arakkoa
    3) Vrykul
    4) Ogre's
    5) Naga
    6) High Elves

What do you guys think?
    Hmm, high elves are more likely to be Alliance unless the Blood elves merge back together.
    Ogre's, the ones whom might be willing to form arms, are already more likely to be with the Horde.
    Naga, at current, they cannot be trusted. It seems that even their queen is working against us, and the Burning Legion.
    Vrykul, they are more likely to be a 3rd faction together with another 'rough' tribe, such as tauren.
    Arakkoa, Think they would more be in the shadows.
    Ethereals, unsure statement, they are bound for business as much as regret.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post

1) Ethereals
    2) Arakkoa
    3) Vrykul
    4) Ogre's
    5) Naga
    6) High Elves

What do you guys think?

I would say scourge based faction would make a lot more sense right now with all the shady things Bolvar is doing.. Horde vs Alliance fight is getting stupidly repetitive with both sides claiming to be the good guys and race to the moral high ground..
    There needs to be an option to be the part of a legitimate evil faction. Which is were the "New Scourge" would fit in perfectly with Bolvar as the faction leader with Northrend capital + you can add dark trolls, nerubians, + any "Evil" clans within existing races u can think of to join the faction.

Rather than that eclectic group of sometimes allies and sometimes foes I would go for a complete enemy faction. Why not a legion faction for example.

You'd have races like Eredar, Shivarra, Nathrezim, Mo'arg, Sayaad, Satyr etc.

Deleted
    No. Adding a 3rd faction would require so much core code overhaul the bang-for-the-buck value would be negative.
    Look, it might be a fun thing to brainstorm about, but it's not going to happen because it's not possible.

This.

Can I just have the option to backstab my faction and join the Legion? Cuz. Awesomeness.