Deleted

Brazil meat-packing giants 'exported rotten beef'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-39311336

The authorities in Brazil suspended 33 government officials amid allegations that some of the country's biggest meat processors have been selling rotten beef and poultry for years.

Three meat processing plants have also been closed and another 21 are under scrutiny.

Much of the meat produced by the companies accused is exported to Europe and other parts of the world.

Brazil is the world's largest red meat exporter.

Agriculture Minister Blairo Maggi will meet foreign ambassadors on Monday to reassure them and try to prevent sanctions being issued against Brazilian meat exporters.

Operation Weak Flesh was launched in the early hours of Friday in six Brazilian states after a two-year investigation.

Federal police carried out raids in 194 locations, deploying more than 1,000 officers.

The investigators allege that some managers bribed health inspectors and politicians to get government certificates for their products.

They accuse more than 30 companies of a number of unhygienic practices. Among them are JBS, the world's largest beef exporter, and BRF, the world's top poultry producer.

Brazilian federal police said they have evidence of at least 40 incidents.
    Fucking disgusting is all I can say

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I only buy British

Don't you lot have sanity inspectors and the like? I recall my uncle doing quite a load of paperwork in order to export to Europe.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would be in my cupboards would be canned corned beef and it usually sits there for a looooong time before I sink low enough to eat it. It's like doomsday-level kind of food.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.