How do elemental shaman do in PvP?

What kinda time does us casual players going to have in battlegrounds and some light arena with elemental shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    What kinda time does us casual players going to have in battlegrounds and some light arena with elemental shaman?
    If Ele Shamans are left alone they will do more damage than any other class in a BG, your only issue is if you do get tunnelled you are fucked. 1vs1 if you utilise all your tools you shouldn't have a problem winning, personally I just can't kill good rogues (or popped DH's).

Ele is difficult to play in arena but with a decent comp and decent set up of CDs they can do well.

stick to the group don't try 1v1 any competent melee will dumpster you, ele can't kite any melee they all have more gap closers than you have gust of wind, they have more stuns and roots than you and dying whilst in ghost wolf form with no chance of escape doesn't feel good either.

that said ele has great group tools with the crit dmg buff totem, aoe stun totem, EQ for groups, even a stormkeeper around a highly contested point is a big burst of damage. but ele's main strengths are busting people with ele blast/lava burst/icefury/100 maelstrom earth shock no diminishing return stuns. icefury crit's can hit around 500k and most ppl are expecting the shaman to cast so don't expect such damage especially if you get lava surges as well, with a melee sitting on a healer using their stuns your stun and interrupts a healer can be bursted down faster then they expect and turn a fight.

i've been farming honor/marks of prey for talon's vengeance and had many 10-0 bg's healing surge with the talent will be healing you for 500k+ each cast which keeps you alive in group fights unless you really get focused by a couple of melee then you're a sitting duck getting locked out all you can do it try bait icefury, bait lava burst, then spam healing surge if nature gets locked as well it's over. never cast elemental blast if you know someone on you had an interrupt all you'll be left with is gust of air which isn't nature surprisingly.

Before the Icefury nerf ele was OP as fuck.. Now we are still in a good position. If your coming up against someone who has all their cooldowns, offensive and defensive, you're going to have trouble with a lot of melee but casters are generally easy game..

However in BG's how often are you going to come against someone with all their cooldowns :P I love ele because with the icefury build you don't really rely on long cooldowns.

The main tip I'd give anyone who is just starting to play ele in PvP is... YOU'RE NOT A ALL OUT DPS CLASS - Learn to play defensively, at 75% hp instead of throwing a Lightning Bolt at them, throw a Healing Surge to get back up and hopefully you'll get a Lava Surge proc while you do it.. If you have Icefury off cooldown use it, but even if you have enough MS to do all 4 full powered Frost Shocks, don't use them all at once.

Mastering Elemental, in my opinion, is about positioning and supporting more than being a turret. Yes Elemental is a turret, I'm going to deny that.. But if you try have a turret battle with a mage, it's likely you'll lose unless you get bloody lucky with Lava Surges.. Heal early instead of when your desperate for heals, cannot remember the name the PvP talent that does the duplicate heal seconds later but it's so OP when used right..

The above relates mainly to fights like arena, duels and in BGs when you're 1v1ing or in small groups.. The above post is all correct as well - Elemental in a group can be a game winner, Elemental can do very good sudden switches that people don't expect.. As not many people play with ascendance anymore (I use it sometimes in casual BG as it's still entertaining to 100-0 a couple of people n seconds), your burst doesn't really have any tell tail signs for the opposition to watch out for.

I just love Elemental gameplay if I'm honest, the fact it has great utility for your group (totems, heals, thunderstorm, Lightning Lasoo(If you use it, if you play with voice you can line up some awesome executes for your team with it) and you can burst people down in seconds if they don't focus you.. All in all, I love Elemental for PvP

To prevent another thread, I figured I'd go ahead and ask here. How well does enhancement perform? I've not played in a while and just started back up. I've always wanted to play an enh shaman, and I already want to see the class hall story, so how well does enhance perform compared to elemental in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by FreshieFresh View Post
    To prevent another thread, I figured I'd go ahead and ask here. How well does enhancement perform? I've not played in a while and just started back up. I've always wanted to play an enh shaman, and I already want to see the class hall story, so how well does enhance perform compared to elemental in pvp?
    Good burst, good peel, decent utility. With a bit of lucky procs and all CDs up, you can 100 - 0 people, if the enemies ignore you, which usually isn't happening often in 3v3s. Survivability is sometimes a problem, but you have tools to kite away if needed. Even using Feral Lunge to jump to the enemy healer when getting focussed is sometimes a good decision, just to give your own healer a bit time to top you.
    Warriors are hard if played well. Feral will mostly out burst and dps you. Frost mages are a nightmare to deal with, because of perma slows and they're much more mobile than you are. Warlocks are quite stupid too with their selfhealing and absorbs.

We're in a decent spot, especially for 3v3s at least in my opinion.

Both specs are fairly hard to play though and have a pretty high learning curve imo.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-03-22 at 10:43 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Good burst, good peel, decent utility. With a bit of lucky procs and all CDs up, you can 100 - 0 people, if the enemies ignore you, which usually isn't happening often in 3v3s. Survivability is sometimes a problem, but you have tools to kite away if needed. Even using Feral Lunge to jump to the enemy healer when getting focussed is sometimes a good decision, just to give your own healer a bit time to top you.
    Warriors are hard if played well. Feral will mostly out burst and dps you. Frost mages are a nightmare to deal with, because of perma slows and they're much more mobile than you are. Warlocks are quite stupid too with their selfhealing and absorbs.

We're in a decent spot, especially for 3v3s at least in my opinion.

Both specs are fairly hard to play though and have a pretty high learning curve imo.
    I'd agree on all except this. Shamans are pretty easy to play with limited tools. Enhancement is easier than Ele but Enhancement favours arena over BG's while Ele is good in both.

Obviously if you really want to succeed in PVP as a shaman the Resto option is a clear winner on all counts but you can get by as any spec Shammy.

10+ Year Old Account
    BGs, great, especially in RBGs if your team protects you, you will do insane damage... in Arenas? I rarely see them do well, if I see them at all.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    I'd agree on all except this. Shamans are pretty easy to play with limited tools. Enhancement is easier than Ele but Enhancement favours arena over BG's while Ele is good in both.

Obviously if you really want to succeed in PVP as a shaman the Resto option is a clear winner on all counts but you can get by as any spec Shammy.
    I agree. As I said, that was purely my opinion
    If you REALLY want a safe spot for BG's and Arenas, Resto is always a good choice, you're right. Almost forgot about resto shamys.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

As above agree with nearly everything said.. I find Enhance is a bit squishier than elemental because you don't have Swelling Waves - If you cast Healing Surge on yourself, it heals you again for the same amount 3 seconds later, if you don get interrupted you can get back to 100% from nearly anywhere in 3 casts..

I play a bit of both, mainly Elemental though as you'll be bloody lucky to get a RBG group with Enhance.. I've considered trying a bit of Resto, but in my experience using voice chat if the opposition has a Resto Shammy you can guarantee the below statement or something like it will be said:

- It's our lucky day, they have a resto shammy!
    - Nuke the Resto shaman first
    - Start on the *something*, switch Resto Shammy after 5 seconds for hard nuke!

Basically Resto Shaman = kill target in every team - which put my off using them, like big time.. They are really good in arena but arena doesn't half make me angry! Lol.

I enjoy random battle grounds. As someone said, if left alone, you can dish out quite a bit of damage. And then there is Thunderstorm for anywhere with cliffs to push people off. Great times.

Deleted
    Meele eats us. Meele is 90% of RBG population. Painful.

Rated BGs people dislike Eles. Not enough multi-dot capability.

2v2 arenas too weak.

3v3 decent, but really hard to find a group.

Meh.

At lower CR RBG is dominated by Melee, but when you get into higher rating it's normally spellcleave with a DK targetcaller.. Not sure what is worse for Elemental TBH.

As elemental you'll never top the damage of the group, unless the other dps are afk for a bit... I use my Elemental for being a more team disruptor role, I personally play with Lightning Lasoo because playing with voice you can setup some sweet executes - it's all about getting into a team and learning how to play with each other.

I understand getting into a regular team can be hard as elemental because most teams just link the DPS and say ''Well you're doing half the boomies dps, you're kicked!''

Just make sure for the match you're getting all your cc's, interrupts and purges in - That's how I've made the teams, I'll normally come 3/4 in dps on our team but then if the leader checks purges / interrupts / cc's, I'll be miles above the other dps in all 3.

As I said in previous comments - As soon as you learn that Elemental isn't just an absolute CANNON like it used to be, you'll be getting groups all day long.. You probably bring the most useful utility set to a team, so use it! Throw in your Elemental Burst (if you have space) and 2 Lava bursts, then instead of going for lightning bolts, purge the shit out of the target till you get Lava Surge procs.. Let the true smashface classes do the killing blow while you disrupt the enemies shit.

Not only can you disrupt all their defensives but you can destroy most bursts coming from - purging a bursting mage / warlock is gunna cut their damage probably in half..

UTILITY! UTILITY! BURST! UTILITY!

2v2 arena - You'll want to throw your PC out the window - Trust me

3v3 arena - Best combo for Elemental is LSD(Or Hpally instead of Druid), hands down! Affli is best but destro can work as well.. Only onther combo I'll really is Spriest, Ele with Rdudu or Hpally

As ''The Big Ginger'' said above.. There is nothing as satisfying as knocking like 3 people off the edge in 1 Thunderstorm.. Shame it doesn't count as your killing blows in BGs because really you made them die!

Ele has been insanely fun but both those reasons have been nerfed now so I would say ure better of just playing Melee like everyone else

Well i main a rogue now, i have mained a enh shaman in early legion. I thought maby having some fun "casualy" with shaman, just normal battlegrounds, no team rated stuff