Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What do you think about the AP reset?

I quit as soon as I realized Blizzard was moving the finish line. Anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Don't you get refunded your AP past 34 traits?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Why are people memeing about some kind of reset? You just get your AP refunded, that's it. You don't actually lose anything.

I think he means that the grind begins again for everyone that's already finished it. I like it, myself, since it's nothing but a power increase - you get the power from 54 if you even have 35, and then go from there. But then, I like the paragon system in D3 (and the merit system in FFXI, if anyone's heard of that); the idea of an endless leveling system after max level just appeals to me. Always a reason to press on, instead of just feeling like you're finished making your character better for a time. But that's just my take on it.

Over reaction of the week. I nominate you for the flying off the handle award.

Nothing is being moved. You will be in the same position as you were before 7.2. If you got 43 talents done then you get the 10% increase in dps or healing or whatever AND you get talents from 34-43 refunded to to spend on new talents. I am not even surprised that your reading comprehension is terrible. You only have a 3 year badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it more if two of my new traits weren't complete shit. As it now, I'll have to grind more AP and put them in worthless stuff just to get one good thing. After that, it's even more grinding just to level up things that I already got months ago. So... yay?

Besides, I liked being done with all that stuff and just putting AP in offspecs. No more pressure to keep up with people who have more free time. Not feeling like you're dragging others down because you were X traits behind. Being free to improve other specs. Not needing to wait X more days before you farming feels worth it.

I'll still do it, but about the only reason I "like it" is because it will make some content easier. The process of getting there sucks, though.

You aren't losing anything they are just making more available. Annoying that they are making the new stuff so it doesn't help much and also in most cases an unfinishable task, but they aren't taking anything away. The 20 point dragon trait they are removing is becoming a base part of the weapon, so all dps with have the 14.5% dmg buff so on and so forth.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Over reaction of the week. I nominate you for the flying off the handle award.

Nothing is being moved. You will be in the same position as you were before 7.2. If you got 43 talents done then you get the 10% increase in dps or healing or whatever AND you get talents from 34-43 refunded to to spend on new talents. I am not even surprised that your reading comprehension is terrible. You only have a 3 year badge.
    In a sense we'll be in the same position, but I get his sentiment of the finish line moving further away. I decided to play a bit more casual and I'm only now getting close to 54 traits. My guildies already think I'm a slacker. At least I thought I would no longer have to feel bad once I hit 54. With 7.2 I will again have to hear people complain about my lack of traits and I will be pushed towards spending time doing world quests and other stuff I don't like.

I can actually return with the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refund. Not reset. I feel like people don't even read beyond the title. You aren't losing any AP you gained, they're just adding to it.

Bad for the 1% and people who feel the need to imitate them, good for the other like 90% of the population.

Deleted
    Well its awkward if you play time-efficiently. Legion feels like there are immanent seasons for when you should play actively and when you should reduce it to a minimum and this is just another mark.

I quit every time a new tier set shows up, which means I have to play more. Damn you, Blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good opportunity to reroll and catch up for alts, that's it.

And yeah, they are refunding AP, but this is in fact reset, because new AK levels are coming. AP that players earned in weeks will soon be obtainable in few hours. It's like hyperinflation, wealth that you accumulated means nothing. And for WoW it's a good thing, maybe some tryhards finally understand that AP is grind only in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I quit every time a new tier set shows up, which means I have to play more. Damn you, Blizzard.
    Yeah, damn you Blizzard, we should be done with content when we complete it. And make only three raids to not overburden us, like in Warlords golden era.

There is no "reset". You stay as powerful as you were (if you were at 54) or you get buffed (if below). You get the AP back to spend in a different place (the new traits). Nothing gets reset.

if you dont want to do it then dont do it...

What did you do when you learned how legendary system works then?

Yeah, but it's kindof like a reset. For sure the OP understood the concept (the fact that he's not loosing his 54 point). But we go back again to what the theory crafting community considers best build, again artifact development paths and so on, like in the beginning where all guides were trying to teach people how to distribute their first 17 points in the best way possible. Now it's going to be the same, but with 54 points for those who have them already.

Deleted
    i like it because reasons + i can finally switch to other spec without farming tons of AP for max % dmg. Getting to 54 traits is "easier" in 7.2 with the increased AK lvls.

Deleted
    I don't like that I'm going back on the AP treadmill. Getting 54 traits and feeling a sense of completion was great. The new traits will never give this, since it is essentially an endless grind.

With the 54 traits it at least felt like there was an end in sight. With this new system there isn't, which will only make me more apathetic and it will feel pointless to do anything outside of raids. Might even result in my quitting if ToS turns out to be a bad tier.

As others have said it's not a "reset" but it might as well be. It seems in their desperation to avoid making the same mistakes of Warlords of Draenor, they've given us "content" in the form of an endless grind--which they are making worse by adding "Paragon Levels" to reputations in Legion. This isn't even a game anymore, it's a job and instead of getting paid, I'm the one who has to pay to work. I've got less than two weeks left before my time runs out and I don't see any reason to add more.